Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm guessing Goldberg wanted the World Championship in his first match and something like $10m a year and go unbeaten for the whole run.

Goldberg would be a good attraction signing if he was prepared to put over someone like Hobbs however we all know Goldberg wouldn't do that.

Tony Khan responds to Goldberg calling AEW "too cheesy."

"Bill wanted to work here. I met with Bill several times. Bill was looking to work here. It's funny because I had a bunch of really nice meetings with Bill and would have honestly been interested in doing something. I have a lot of respect for Bill. I was surprised by that because that certainly wasn't what he said to me when he was talking to me about working here at some point, which I've always been open to and I really like Bill."

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Looks like they are hinting at Kenny returning as an on screen authority figure while Tony recovers from that heinous assault by the Elite.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,472 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm all for Christian as world champ but Swerve needs to be champ for a while, build him up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Christian won't be winning anyways, again overall a decent episode of dynamite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The second Omega said a blow to the gut could kill him, I knew exactly what was coming, but loved it nonetheless. You'd think he's a lot closer to coming back than he's saying, given the amount of physicality involved tonight. Glad to see he's obviously looking good though.

Orange and Callis is a fascinating pairing. Curious to see what direction that goes.

• Advertisement

Tbh I can't stand the don callis thing anymore, kinda feel the group isn't getting anywhere imo. Dont see oc joining him, I thought the reason he walked back was so he could run back up the other tunnel to attack Trent.

Agreed Kenny must be near ready to return but him being taken out makes sense and looking forward to his return.

Deeb vs May was a great match, stat is definitely turning heel and can see Stokely turning on Willow to join up with Mercedes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Very good promo by Kenny but I thought his colour/energy still seemed a bit off, I'd say that will write him out for another month or so while establishing the big return.

Christian is a good little feud to establish Swerve as a face fully, though I'm still amused this is the same bloke who broke into a house a few months ago and scared a baby. Swerve will need to join that feud against the Elite to really push him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agree about the Don Callis family, it just feels like a hodge podge group without any clear reason for being aside from needing a heel stable.

Kenny's promo was one of his best in AEW tbh, definitely think his colour was off too, while I'm not sure how ready he is, he's certainly not as bad as he says if he's doing that much in the ring.

The Elite and EVPs continue to be the best thing about AEW right now, it's excellent stuff.

Christian is a good first feud for Swerve, thought they made a good case for why he's the match.

As much as Jericho bores me, his match with Shibata was pretty good, entertaining stuff from Shibata in the bin.

Sidenote: Has AEW given up on the rankings again? They're not updated as much and it seems like some matches are booked just because. I'd be fine with that but they made a big deal about bringing them back not long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think AEW have too many no DQ matches. Like last night we had the FTW title match and the TBS title match. And this is less than a week after the Parking Lot Brawl.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That's probably the most enjoyable Jericho match I've seen.

My god the Shibata chops are a thing of beauty.

According to Fightful - Ethan Page is no longer with AEW. He was looking to leave as far back as February.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,170 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They really struggled with how to use him. Had a brilliant fued with Darby Allin aaages ago that seemed like it would springboard him, but he basically never got to do anything interesting again after that.

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That's sad. I've always liked Ethan. His ring work never wowed me but I liked his promo work and always comes across as such a nice guy. At least he got his AEW figure in the end

He went to RoH for a while and said the character would change but then just kept the same character.

Kenny the new Tony with important announcements :)

I'm guessing an authority figure to represent him and khan? I think someone like Keith Lee would be decent, gets him back on tv and could lead to him returning to the ring. Maybe blood and guts elite vs FTR/omega/lee, have the elite find a way to fire him as the authority figure but him or Kenny say that means he's an active wrestler again

• Advertisement

Hangman would make more sense to me since he was supended from the Elite by Nicholas & Matthew

What about The MCMGuns teaming with FTR if Hangman and Kenny are not "cleared medically" , debuting on Khan's side?

Dynamite kids nephew wrestling Dax on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have seen him wrestle here at Defy and he's a solid worker so should be a decent match.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I think Jericho is actually starting to make this work.

Regards,

P.

Dynamite was okay.

OC/Trent was fine, assuming this isn't the end of the feud. Mariah/Harley was also fine.

I don't care too much for Serena or the feud with Toni. Willow and Moné could be good even though Mercedes desperately needs a hot segment on one of these shows.

Edge/Brody slapped was pretty great. The Elite/Team AEW could be great for Anarchy in the Arena. Strange use of Okada but anyway.

I still don't like Jericho's gimmick, it just seems very smug and annoyingly self-aware. Like just bringing up to any nitpicks people have about you and acting as a delusional face is kinda dull to me, IDK, maybe it will work over time but it just does nothing for me at the moment.

Another week, another no DQ match. If they were determined to have one, it would've made more sense for it to be OC/Trent that had it.

OC recovered quickly from being piledrived on the steel steps.

Good job Jade left or Sasha would be infringing on her gimmick. Really want Willow to win.

Lucky FTR had Eddie and Bryan all ready to go in case they were challenged to an Anarchy in the Arena match.

Was actually surprised by Harley. I didn't realise she could wrestle.

What's the other belt the Gunn Club have? Just a Unified title but they're keeping the old ones as well, like Roman did for a while after getting the Unified belt?

When the Embassy turned up, I was expecting the turn since they're heels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

wON is reporting that Chucky legit has a career ending injury and the match was shot the way it was to give him a write off :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Listened to Bully Ray ranting about Orange Cassidy no selling a piledriver he took onto steel steps from Trent in their match. I don't always agree with Bully Ray, but I agree with him in this circumstance. It really takes me out of a match when a wrestler no sells a big move or spot like it didn't do much damage to him, especially a piledriver spot which often sees a wrestler getting stretchered out of a match.

• Advertisement

What a bloody war it was between Cope and Brody.

Advertisement