Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Routinely top 10 show on the night, more often than not top 5. Again, strong loyal fan base that held steady from everything to Presidential election coverage to drafts and through the MLB playoff games. And the big plus is the loyal fan base is young. You can spin in that "wrestling ratings are in the gutter" but a new show, a year old, has done very well, has had a lot of ratings succeses all in an extremely challenging time for live events. There's very little way to spin that other than it's been a success.

I've crossed out all but the bit that answered my question.

So it's relative performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I've crossed out all but the bit that answered my question.

So it's relative performance.

Well here's two questions for you.

Before AEW launched, did you think it would beat NXT in the ratings each week? Because hindsight is wonderful and now it seems all so obvious, but with the WWE Machine behind it and years of goodwill and false assumptions built up, were you of the opinion that AEW would beat NXT in the ratings each week to the point where they are beyond that rivalry?

2nd question. Did you think an upstart AEW would be beating Raw in key demos some weeks? Who could have imagined a company that's appeared from basically nowhere just over a year in would be beating WWE's historical flagship show in key demos on certain weeks?

I'll accept yes or no answers to both. Then we can talk about relativity.

Well here's two questions for you.

Before AEW launched, did you think it would beat NXT in the ratings each week? Because hindsight is wonderful and now it seems all so obvious, but with the WWE Machine behind it and years of goodwill and false assumptions built up, were you of the opinion that AEW would beat NXT in the ratings each week to the point where they are beyond that rivalry?

2nd question. Did you think an upstart AEW would be beating Raw in key demos some weeks? Who could have imagined a company that's appeared from basically nowhere just over a year in would be beating WWE's historical flagship show in key demos on certain weeks?

I'll accept yes or no answers to both. Then we can talk about relativity.

Yes and Yes. With WWE's product in marked decline, with a red hot global star (Omega), with a sizeable loyal fanbase already established, with multi-billionaire capital and with direct access to major TV network decision makers, I had a reasonable expectation that this "upstart" could indeed compete with WWE on several fronts.

Yes and Yes. With WWE's product in marked decline, with a red hot global star (Omega), with a sizeable loyal fanbase already established, with multi-billionaire capital and with direct access to major TV network decision makers, I had a reasonable expectation that this "upstart" could indeed compete with WWE on several fronts.

Honestly I'm surprised, for someone whose been less than effusive about AEW, to have those predictions when, I'd imagine you'd have been in the tiniest of minorities predicting such things before AEW began, leaves me baffled.

Honestly I'm surprised, for someone whose been less than effusive about AEW, to have those predictions when, I'd imagine you'd have been in the tiniest of minorities predicting such things before AEW began, leaves me baffled.

Where have I said they were a failure?

I couldn't have been more specific that I was seeking clarification on what certain TV performance metrics mean, and in almost every case you doused me in a torrent of completely unwarranted contextualization and deflection.

• Advertisement

Where have I said they were a failure?

I couldn't have been more specific that I was seeking clarification on what certain TV performance metrics mean, and in almost every case you doused me in a torrent of completely unwarranted contextualization and deflection.

I don't remember saying you said it's a failure, rather taking a browse at your posts on this thread the last while it's clear you're not very high on the product at all.

I don't think it's unjustified to question what that clarification was for when I believe there's not very veiled subtext behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking forward to tonight's episode of Dynamite feels like a midweek PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Looking forward to tonight's episode of Dynamite feels like a midweek PPV.

Like i genuinely dont know how the main event can go. Thats how a main event should be.

Kentas tweet teasing he might be around hints at him costing Mox. Or is it misdirection?

I can see scenarios were Mox is booked to outwrestle Omega and get a sneaky backslide\victory roll for the win, only for Omega to destroy Mox after the bell in a rage.

Will the Bucks cost Mox and complete their turn?

Will Omega simply beat Mox fair and square...setting up a rubber match on PPV?

AEW need to deliver tonight and Ive little doubt that they will succeed.

My guess last week was that it was KENTA that attacked Mox and I really really want it to be that.

However I want it to be a clean match and win for whoever and let the shenanigans if there are any happen after the match.

After a VAR check and recount AEW ratings increased to 712k :)

To make it a draw week.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1334198086869008384?s=20

• Advertisement

That was a real fun Battle Royal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's such a stupid anti-climatic stipulation for a battle royal.

Final two aaaaand these guys will fight some other time.

The Battle Royal and now Jericho and Frankie they are doing a great job setting up Sammy and MJF and the divide in the Inner Circle.

Frankie really is a great wrestler

Britt is such a great heel, She's so small :)

Nice afters with Thunder and Britt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well........... ****.........

WOW

Sting

Fans in the Arena now that is how to debut Sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That was outstanding! Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Tony Schiavone calling Sting was like time travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ok I marked out for that 1st time watching live in a while and wow

The Varsity Blondes nice nod to the Hollywood Blondes with Pillman Jr

Banana :) nice one Mox.

Don Callis again

40 minute main event by the looks of it.

This sitting in chairs trading strikes belongs firmly in the mid card of an indy show. Not the world title of a major promotion.

Kenny goes Heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Kennny Omegggggggggga!!

AEW WORLD CHAMPION!!

Looking a million bucks!!!!

Impact vs AEW.

I'm quiet giddy here right now thinking that Tony Khan may have actually united the wrestling world outside of WWE.

• Advertisement

Give me Sting returning to his true home Impact Wrestling

Advertisement