Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 232 SAT. DEC. 29, JONES VS GUSTAFSSON 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Incredible. I'm shaking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Aaaaahhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Oh my god I’m so happy WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Holy jesus that was unbelievable

wow went down faster than Ronda!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I have finally, finally, finally manage to play this perfectly. Went to bed at a normal hour. No alarm but said if I woke up for a possible or whatever I'd get up.

5.46am and I turn on the TV as Cyborg is walking out. Perfect. I'm taking it as a sign that the stars are aligning and both Nunes and Gus are winning by KO.

EDIT: holy ****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Gus pts
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaa, holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wow wow wow wow that was amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nunes pts
    There she is ladies and gentlemen, the greatest female fighter on earth.

WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cyborg sub
    Rousey might fancy her chances of a comeback now that she fared about the same as Cyborg. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Oh lord, in context it's one of the best striking exhibitions I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The accuracy of those punches was brilliant, absolutely fantastic performance. Delighted for her.

Those shots were all accurate too, incredible. So happy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Jesus christ. That's shocking. Given the size advantage of cyborg I had nunes at no chance in this. Definitely solidifies her as greatest woman's champion ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cyborg sub
    No wonder Amanda wanted the fight so badly, she knew she could do that. Top class mixed martial artist, not just for a woman but in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    My God

Nunes pts
    Jesus Christ that's really a case of the difference between skill and power vs size and power.

Nunes pts
    hahahah, Dana brought both belts.

Conor will be fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Just when MMA pushes me away with the Jones drugs sh*t, it pulls me back in with stuff like that . I love this sport lads. There's nothing like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

It looked like she was swinging wildly but she wasn’t, so quick and accurate

• Advertisement

Nunes pts
    akelly02 wrote: »
    It looked like she was swinging wildly but she wasn’t, so quick and accurate

Yeah, every punch was thrown with venom but every one of them was pin point accurate. It was spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Very similar to the Rousey fight, her accuracy when throwing big, big punches in combinations was insane. Perhaps better than anyone if the UFC at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I reacted so loudly and wildly to that I just woke the kids and my wife. Delighted, she seems such a nice woman too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Really wanted Nunes to win but thought Cyborg would have it given the size difference. Glad to be proven wrong. Nunes is an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Gus sub
    I am having a celebration drink.

Rogan just described those punches as haymakers, they were accurate and timed.

Just need Gus to do it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

rob316 wrote: »
    I reacted so loudly and wildly to that I just woke the kids and my wife. Delighted, she seems such a nice woman too.

I'd have assumed you thought your wife was a nice woman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nunes pts
    Lads I'm on for serious money if Gus wins by ko/tko.

Nunes looked so wild throwing haymakers from the hips but they were all on the button. No one will want to fight her after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    I don't think I'll go to bed if gus wins, there'll be no sleeping

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    I am having a celebration drink.

Rogan just described those punches as haymakers, they were accurate and timed.

Just need Gus to do it now...

I've always thought haymaker was just a punch thrown with every bit of power they have and not necessarily a sloppy or inaccurate shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Gus sub
    mailburner wrote: »
    I don't think I'll go to bed if gus wins, there'll be no sleeping

Agreed.

Advertisement