Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 232 SAT. DEC. 29, JONES VS GUSTAFSSON 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Chad just couldn’t keep him down which is strange. My acca put the window . Ah well, I can shout for Gus now !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Great fight that. Volkanovski looked top class, first time I can recall seeing him fight. Good stand up, high energy and excellent at getting back up after a takedown.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Mad. Volkanivski was a prop.

he played league where they don't scrum.

they go through the motions but don't actually scrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nunes pts
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    he played league where they don't scrum.

they go through the motions but don't actually scrum.

That makes more sense, was still built like a brick ****house and weighed like 100kg.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

yeah defo, it's just when people think prop they think Mike Ross or Tadgh Furlong i.e. big guys who carry a bit of weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Cyborg pts
    Whatever he played the boys heavy hands he caught chad with some big shots and his energy to escape a RNC and get onto his feet within 10 secs is impressive

Nunes pts
    I think his leg strength from playing rugby all his life was huge tonight. Being able to stand up while Chad Mended is trying to hold you down is insane, Chad is an elite level wrestler. That was ridiculously impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Who remembers when Ilir Latifi came out at UFC Dublin with a Hurley? Always a friend in my eyes after that

Nunes pts
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Who remembers when Ilir Latifi came out at UFC Dublin with a Hurley? Always a friend in my eyes after that

True story:
    Ilir Latifi was the person who stopped the lads on Khabib's bus from getting off by blocking the exit and telling the driver not to open it.
    Turns out he has some sort of private security training and it kicked in when it all kicked off.

True story:
    Ilir Latifi was the person who stopped the lads on Khabib's bus from getting off by blocking the exit and telling the driver not to open it.
    Turns out he has some sort of private security training and it kicked in when it all kicked off.

Ha. I didn't know that. He'd have made a fine corner back in his day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think his leg strength from playing rugby all his life was huge tonight. Being able to stand up while Chad Mended is trying to hold you down is insane, Chad is an elite level wrestler. That was ridiculously impressive.

Like Aldo's leg kicks being so good because he played soccer as a kid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

True story:

There wouldn't be much room to get around him if he was blocking a doorway anyway!

Nunes pts
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    There wouldn't be much room to get around him if he was blocking a doorway anyway!

Yeah. Still don't know why he was on the bus, he wasn't even on the card!

Nunes pts
    Condit's Jiu-Jitsu is so slick.

Since when is Condit so submitt-able? People just seem to run through him these days

Nunes pts
    bye bye rotator cuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nunes pts
    That looked nasty.

Nunes pts
    What happened there with the PA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Gus sub
    What happened there with the PA?

I thought that was just my stream. Did you get the buffer twice, the first time it was like a recording...

SB

Gus sub
    Carlos has rubber arms, felt sure he would not move that arm for days, seemed fine afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Gus pts
    Since when is Condit so submitt-able? People just seem to run through him these days

He was pure magic once upon a time, my absolute fav. I guess Cruz and Rogan are right here? Things have just progressed and the skill level has risen to places some of the old stock can't catch? Age too I guess, we've seen a lot of that tonight.

Nunes pts
    SlowBlowin wrote: »
    I thought that was just my stream. Did you get the buffer twice, the first time it was like a recording...

SB

Yeah it was weird, as they were waiting it was as if the result was being played pre-recorded over the broadcast.

Nunes pts
    First female fight I've truly looked forward too. Should be a great fight I fancy Nunes late KO but wouldn't be supprised if cyborg completely dominates

Nunes pts
    First female fight I've truly looked forward too. Should be a great fight I fancy Nunes late KO but wouldn't be supprised if cyborg completely dominates

If Nunes can make it past the first 3 rounds, I fancy her to win it. But agreed, wouldn't be surpirsed if Cyrbog smashes her inside 1 or 2 rounds.

Can't see how Nunes wins personally. Then again I'm consistently wrong so what the feck do I know

Nunes pts
    ****ing hell

Can't see how Nunes wins personally. Then again I'm consistently wrong so what the feck do I know

Just like I said

What the f*CK do I know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cyborg sub
    Nunes you fcuking savage!

Gus sub
    If Nunes can make it past the first 3 rounds, I fancy her to win it. But agreed, wouldn't be surpirsed if Cyrbog smashes her inside 1 or 2 rounds.

I agree, my heart wants her to win but Cyborg is an ..... monster..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Wow

Advertisement