Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 232 SAT. DEC. 29, JONES VS GUSTAFSSON 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Gus sub
    Its strange, Yan is robotic almost stiff, but still so fast he appears fluid. Its a strange style, a damage machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nunes pts
    Managed to lose track to time and missed the early prelims and the BJ Vs Hall fight. Saw Hall subbed him online. Didn't see it coming. What was the sub? Happy for Hall, I really like him as a bjj player.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    Come on cat my few euro is on you

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Cyborg pts
    Managed to lose track to time and missed the early prelims and the BJ Vs Hall fight. Saw Hall subbed him online. Didn't see it coming. What was the sub? Happy for Hall, I really like him as a bjj player.

Dived into position at BJs feet transitioned to a heel hook for about 3 secs was in as deep as it can go and it was over.

Nunes pts
    Dived into position at BJs feet transitioned to a heel hook for about 3 secs was in as deep as it can go and it was over.

Imanari roll? Like his first fight in TUF?

• Advertisement

Cyborg pts
    Imanari roll? Like his first fight in TUF?

Yes. On the button, taking the risk if fighting a striker that he will meet you with a knee, but he was so quick

Cyborg pts

I love how after it rogan was saying all he needed to do was roll into it to avoid it. When in that much pain I couldn’t imagine your fight IQ is at its height.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Nunes pts
    mailburner wrote: »
    Come on cat my few euro is on you

I like Cat as well, I remember that Nunes fight she won. Went with value again and Megan on pts at 3/1, only crossing my fingers really. Won't begrudge Cat a win.

edit: well that was strange. Hope she is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Goddard almost called that a timeout. Jesus

• Advertisement

Cyborg pts
    tinpib wrote: »
    I like Cat as well, I remember that Nunes fight she won. Went with value again and Megan on pts at 3/1, only crossing my fingers really. Won't begrudge Cat a win.

Cat beat Miesha at first ever UFC event I attended in the US. I’ve had a soft spot for her ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Long wait til the main card now lads. FFS

Oops nvm there's one more

Nunes pts
    I love how after it rogan was saying all he needed to do was roll into it to avoid it. When in that much pain I couldn’t imagine your fight IQ is at its height.

Missed the commentary but I'd say he was saying as the inside leg is being scooped, if you basically tumble forward you're out 9 times of 10. If you hit the mat with both legs controlled ya fooked up a long time ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah I imagine in that situation your brain is just screaming the word fúck over and over again as opposed to thinking logically about the situation.

Nunes pts
    Valentina's sister is hot af.

Cyborg pts
    Missed the commentary but I'd say he was saying as the inside leg is being scooped, if you basically tumble forward you're out 9 times of 10. If you hit the mat with both legs controlled ya fooked up a long time ago.

Yeah I get that ( well I get what your saying) I’ve only started BJJ, but when attacked at the speed Ryan went at your brain won’t always kick in.

If he rolled over onto his front facing would he not of been able to move out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That was too easy.

There was a great reply below saying he's the first man to submit the ghost of BJ Penn. That's it essentially.
    BJ hasn't won a fight in 8 years dunno why he's still competing. MacDonald, Rodriguez, Diaz & Edgar all gave him quite a beating too. Losing to the likes of Hall by submission on the prelims is rock bottom for him at 40 years old.

Cyborg pts
    Should that not be a NC

Gus sub
    If one of those Harris bombs lands ...

Nunes pts
    This fight is cancer so far.

• Advertisement

Cyborg pts
    This fight is cancer so far.

Did you expect much else. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

When does the main card start? I'm abroad (8hours ahead) can't work my head around it

Cyborg pts
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    When does the main card start? I'm abroad (8hours ahead) can't work my head around it

45 mins time

Nunes pts

This is the last fight of the prelims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

In 10 minutes

Cyborg pts
    derfderf wrote: »
    In 10 minutes

First fightbwill be at 3.20 estimated

Gus sub
    Whos going to have a stroke first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Why is a toe in the eye considered different to a finger in the eye??

Cyborg pts
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Why is a toe in the eye considered different to a finger in the eye??

Cause you can’t contract your toes like you can your fingers according to big John McCarthy on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

First fightbwill be at 3.20 estimated

Thanks. I'll have time to make it to a bar then. Enjoy the fight guys!

Advertisement