Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 232 SAT. DEC. 29, JONES VS GUSTAFSSON 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Jones pts
    The king is back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I want to like him but he's still a complete ****ing cheat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nunes pts
    And now he pissed hot and gets suspended for another 2 years and Dana does his faux surprise thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

God I hate that prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

He's so good, no one about to beat him right now sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Love him or hate him that was a comprehensive dismantling, it's a pity he's such a c**t because he is gifted beyond believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cyborg sub
    Two clear punches to the back of Gus’ head.

Fromvert wrote: »
    He's so good, no one about to beat him right now sadly

Except for drug tests. They keep beating him

Three clear punches to the back of the head there ffs.

Cyborg sub
    Is God the name of his supplier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    Depressing stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Don't worry lads he'll piss hot straight after this then get stripped. Like always.

Big question is now, who fights Lesnar? UFC clearly wants Jones to and by the way DC was acting when Lesnar tried the WWE promo after the Stipe fight Dana would rather promote a Jones/Lesnar fight than a DC/Lesnar fight.

Nunes pts
    Of course Jesus is his AA sponsor as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Didn't anyone spot the numerous clear punches to the back of his head?

To go from an epic moment with Nunes to this cheating prick is such a downer. So opposites.

Three clear punches to the back of the head there ffs.

Actually thought that myself. When Beltran went to his knees I was expecting him to stand it back up and not stop the fight. Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Jones pts
    Daddy's home. Fuc.k you daddy.

Cyborg sub
    Are they really trying to make Jones vs. DC 3 happen? Fcuk right off, DC has absolutely nothing to gain from fighting that cheat again.

At least fight a cheat that’ll fill your pockets like Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Actually thought that myself. When Beltran went to his knees I was expecting him to stand it back up and not stop the fight. Oh well...

Has that ever actually happened though? I've only ever seen the ref telling them to be careful, but never acting on it

DC is the only fight to be made as there's nobody at LHW for Jones but I'm not sure I want to see it again.

I'd gladly have Jones go through another 4 years of turmoil and uncertainty while he tries to get a fight sorted.

• Advertisement

Nunes pts
    Obviously Dana told the lads that if Jon won he was going to push for Jones vs DC at HW.

Shilling it big style.

F*ck that, give Stipe his rematch if Lesner can't piss clean, Jones doesn't deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Nunes sub
    Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Don't worry lads he'll piss hot straight after this then get stripped. Like always.

Big question is now, who fights Lesnar? UFC clearly wants Jones to and by the way DC was acting when Lesnar tried the WWE promo after the Stipe fight Dana would rather promote a Jones/Lesnar fight than a DC/Lesnar fight.

They CAN'T let Jones fight Brock, SURELY!? DC is heavyweight champ and no way Lesnar can make 205. They can't have him fight Jones at heavyweight and leave DC on the sidelines, that'd be bad even for the UFC. Unless they try to down the DC Jones route again to see who'll fight Brock, but I can't see that happening.

Jesus, what a downer after Nunes. Jones is as freakishly talented as he is unlikeable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gus a shadow of the fighter he was in their first match though in fairness. Never looked comfortable or like he was giving Jones any trouble.

He (Jones) still shouldn't be allowed near the Octagon though, but as long as the UFC continue to pander to him then he'll keep doing it. The moving of the fight on short notice just proves that.

Rogan now saying that he reckons Lesnar is clean these days. That's me done for the night.

They CAN'T let Jones fight Brock, SURELY!? DC is heavyweight champ and no way Lesnar can make 205. They can't have him fight Jones at heavyweight and leave DC on the sidelines, that'd be bad even for the UFC. Unless they try to down the DC Jones route again to see who'll fight Brock, but I can't see that happening.

Jesus, what a downer after Nunes. Jones is as freakishly talented as he is unlikeable.

True. But after this week and all the BS that happened, I wouldn't be surprised if they made Jones/Lesnar for the heavyweight belt on PPV and knocked DC down to ESPN fight night in a rematch with Stipe for the No 1 contender spot.

(I'm being a little liberal with this but hey, after Dana "Talk to Novitsky" White's actions over the past few weeks I wouldn't be remotely surprised)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Rogan now saying that he reckons Lesnar is clean these days. That's me done for the night.

Rogan has danas hand up his rectum controlling what he says and his shameful defence of jon jones this week was cringeworthy. I love Rogan and his podcast but he has let himself down with the whole steroid debacle.

Cyborg sub
    It’s like being in the twilight zone, the few days between Jones winning a fight and being caught by USADA.

Let’s enjoy this time.

Rogan is as big a bellend as any of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kinda hilarious they were chatting away about Lesnar having to piss clean while lauding Jones for not doing so.
    I mean both are proven cheats and should be nowhere near the Octagon but Dana gotta make his dolla dolla.

What happens with the women's divisions now though? Both essentially cleaned out and not really a cause for a rematch.

• Advertisement

Nunes pts
    Necro wrote: »
    Kinda hilarious they were chatting away about Lesnar having to piss clean while lauding Jones for not doing so.
    I mean both are proven cheats and should be nowhere near the Octagon but Dana gotta make his dolla dolla.

What happens with the women's divisions now though? Both essentially cleaned out and not really a cause for a rematch.

Give Amanda 6 months off and try sell a contender at either weight between now and the summer is my guess.

Advertisement