Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 232 SAT. DEC. 29, JONES VS GUSTAFSSON 2

Options
  • 26-12-2018 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭

BT Sports 2 Prelims 1-3 and main card at 3-7
    early pre 11.30

ru42n5.jpg

I can't wait any longer :pac:

So firstly for me who's been watching ufc since before tuf started...If Gus beats jones it will overtake bisping beating rock or randy beating big tim as my all time favourite moments in ufc (anyone beating matt hughes not far behind).
    I want it to happen pretty bad for obvious reasons along with Gus going pretty close on both title attempts and him being one of the good guys.

The whole world seems to think Jones will get this done, think it will be close but I've a feeling it'll be almost as close as the first fight (heart ruling head maybe)

I wonder could nunes beat cyborg? I like nunes and I think she has a good chance of making it happen but it might be my heart ruling my head on this one, but on paper anyway it's a dream match up for womens mma.
    If this doesn't excite you then then nothing will surely.

and the rest...

Bj Penn please retire that is all jesus christ! never been subbed but ryan hall might be diving in for a heel hook.

don't rate anderson and think cat might get it done there

think latifi could knock out the other anderson, he's got power.

mendes a big step up for volkonovski, don't know how that will fare out tbh.

arlovski an underdog v harris and I think he might get it done if it stays standing, always shout for aa.

condit chiesa condits last two performances were dire so I don't know what to expect from him but he's getting subbed here if he doesn't improve on those.
    I love condit as a fighter and it broke my heart when he beat robbie but the judges didn't see it that way.

uriah hall v devon lewis...well I for one certainly ain't gonna try and predict what kind of fight hall is going to have but if he performs he might be worth backing being much the same price as lewis.

Happy Xmas all!

Gus V Jones Nunes V Cyborg 111 votes

Gus by ko
    0%
    Gus pts
    10%
    JoeyJJscudzillaOutlaw Petesmilerftommyboy26cintecAmazingfundashoonageNever wrestle with pigsDontThankMeHarambeUltimate Seduction 12 votes
    Gus sub
    19%
    TristrammailburneruptherebelsfrankiebabyPaul_Mc1988Spudman_2000012gauge davetinpibmyshirtLionbackerrobwenavfc1874Wrongway1985adcakescoleslawburSlowBlowinjousting with chairs0byme75341jo28Subcomandante Marcos 22 votes
    Jones ko
    0%
    Jones pts
    17%
    walshbxtal191SM01spiller9020Gomer PylegizabeerSenor FrogLostArtTurkish1ASOTGamb!tTJ MackieKingJamsieToo Tough To Die2_friiphone6brendanwalshjimwallace197Robocop Corcoran 19 votes
    Jones sub
    9%
    weemcdBig EarsmdwexfordAlicanoZero-CoolBrussels Sprouthow.garethDoffmartyos121Porthallian 10 votes
    Nunes ko
    1%
    callaway92JimmyAlfonso 2 votes
    Nunes pts
    8%
    JoeyJJsmilerfspiller9020harrtinpibWrongway1985dashoonageSubcomandante MarcosUltimate Seduction 9 votes
    Nunes sub
    5%
    mailburneruptherebelshow.garethLostArtrobwen0byme75341jo28 6 votes
    Cyborg ko
    0%
    selassie 1 vote
    Cyborg pts
    19%
    Big EarsmdwexfordTristramxtal191callaway92AlicanoZero-CoolBrussels SproutGomer PylePaul_Mc1988gizabeerJimmyAlfonsoSenor FrogDoffASOTcintecLionbackercoleslawPorthallianHarambe 22 votes
    Cyborg sub
    7%
    weemcdSpudman_20000martyos121avfc1874Gamb!tadcakesKingJamsiejousting with chairs 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/jon_anik/status/1077930521215279111?s=21

Surprised Jon is only that much of a favourite, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nunes pts
    Fancy Nunes to KO Cyborg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I was not aware it was such a stacked card. It makes moving it to accommodate one dope-fiend all the more puzzling.

At least BJ shouldn't eat too many shots in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    Fancy Nunes to KO Cyborg

I kinda fancy it too but not brave enough to say it here :pac:

Nunes pts
    mailburner wrote: »
    I kinda fancy it too but not brave enough to say it here :pac:

Trying to build the courage to back her now maybe a double with Gus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cyborg pts
    Trying to build the courage to back her now maybe a double with Gus

I think Cyborg mills her to be honest, Nunes is a good style match up for her.

The card is class Im really looking forward to it.

Nunes sub
    theteal wrote: »

That's true and penn has never been subbed and halls stand up is atrocious so this probably won't score high on entertainment value.

I hope he's getting paid well for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Cyborg sub
    Any poll?

Nunes sub
    Gamb!t wrote: »
    Any poll?

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Only 10 posts on this event? Even after the sh1tstorm of moving the event to LA cos Jones is a juicy slut? What's going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gus should not kill himself to make weight.

He can blame missing weight on the week's shenanigans, also I think he's going to need every bit of energy he has to overcome that roid junkie Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

theteal wrote: »
    I was not aware it was such a stacked card. It makes moving it to accommodate one dope-fiend all the more puzzling.

Who’s the dope fiend, cos that card is a plethora of users.

Nunes sub
    evil_seed wrote: »
    Only 10 posts on this event? Even after the sh1tstorm of moving the event to LA cos Jones is a juicy slut? What's going on here?

It probably doesn't belong in the event thread and most won't want to see it here either I'd imagine, it's in the mma chat thread.
    some threads have barely managed 10 posts in total but it's still early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

evil_seed wrote: »

I can only speak for myself, but I’m starting to get very sick of the UFC and their antics, especially with regards to Jon Jones.

I really don’t feel anywhere near as interested or as passionate as I did even this time last year.

Cyborg pts
    I'm in agreement with you Paully, iv missed so many events this year when usually I'm a religious follower.

Something I didn't think about was other fighters being licensed to fight in California. What a poxy situation for the fighters.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12/27/18157890/cris-cyborg-says-having-to-do-ufc-232-medicals-during-fight-week-is-ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Cyborg pts
    Paully D wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself, but I’m starting to get very sick of the UFC and their antics, especially with regards to Jon Jones.

I really don’t feel anywhere near as interested or as passionate as I did even this time last year.
    Im the same tbh. I had always viewed the UFC as the true legitimate professional mma organisation , having the best stacked fight cards and a level of integrity in PED testing that made me view their fights as a legitimate sport. The others such as Bellator had much weaker cards, put on "freak" show fights and seemed to be less stringent with regards to ped usage . In the last year these differences have been eroded in my view . I cant help but think the UFC is weakening it's brand image somewhat and leaving the door ajar for the rise of another organisation to get near UFC levels. Their startegy seems very short sighted , it's all about the quick buck .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cyborg pts
    Uuummmm yeah you didn't really give people a chance as they had to scramble to buy new tickets ya ****ing goof.

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1078395160248156160?s=19

Nunes pts
    So Jones has failed a few drug tests this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Cyborg sub
    I don't see the main card getting to the championship rounds.Would love to see Jones eat some humble pie but I think he will get the KO done in under 3 rounds.

• Advertisement

Cyborg pts
    UFC pressers and ****ty sound go hand in hand. Mental how they cant get it right.

Nunes pts
    Go on Gus...dont hold back.

Nunes pts
    pecogram is Jons new favorite word.

can we call this pecogate lads ?

Cyborg pts
    These microphones are a load of bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The hecklers are better mic'd than the fighters and press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

So Jones has failed a few drug tests this year.
    Yep

75ne7yx60w621.png

Cyborg pts
    cliggg wrote: »
    Yep

75ne7yx60w621.png

Microdosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ha dana is a pr1ck, he really dont give ****. I hope fighters refuse to walk to octagon 2morro night. Wonder would this happen if fertittas were still there

• Advertisement

Nunes pts
    ah lads this was worth it to see Jon trying to explain it.

Advertisement