Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you see in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

223vmax wrote: »
    Totally honorific!

Do you mean horrific? Or were you honoured that you were the one he chose to rummage around in his arsehole in front of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

223vmax wrote: »
    Must admit I don't go to Dublin often. However on a recent trip there last week I couldn't believe what I saw. Walking from Temple Bar back to Heuston station I came upon a group of 6 or 7 druggies. One of them was sat on his heels with his tracksuit bottoms round his thighs. His hand reached around and he was routing himself out for a baggie of drugs.... Totally honorific! I was only glad I didn't have my young family with me. This got me thinking - others in Dublin on a regular basis must see some awful sights. What have you seen that made you think WTF!!!

Poor chap is probably a redneck who got the neck slapped red raw off him to get up to Dublin and get a job. He probably couldn't get into the guards or the civil service, went on the drink, discovered it was cheaper to get high on the heroin, and here we are today, his own neighbours not even recognising him as he has 3 of his fingers up his hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

So why get so het up about people mentioning the fact?
    Het up?

I was taking the p*ss in my post.

EDIT: Actually I don't even know what 'het up' is supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Dublin is full of scummers, an inconvenient truth but there you have it.

...And boggers, dont forget the boggers! (Oh, hang on, I am kind of a bogger too, though that kind of proves the point(ish))
    I was in Athlone the other week and I saw an aliens having a pint with Elvis, John Lennon and Michael Jaclson. And I thought WTF!

Princess, were you sampling the contents of yer mans ars baggy by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Cina wrote: »
    Het up?

I think it means something in culchie, ghastly people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yeah, was in Dublin for the first time in a long while last month and the moment I exited Heuston station I went straight to the luas only to see 4 junkies standing by the ticket kiosk having a chat. I was so pissed off that the moment I seen them I said forget the Luas and walked into the city instead. What a terrible impression of Dublin this gives when the moment you set foot in Dublin the first thing you see is junkies. I don't know what it is about the Heuston/Luas area but junkies are always hanging around there. There must be radical lefties working in the council who maybe feel the race of junkies have a right to meander around wherever they feel like, for equality sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tis amazing how there is only junkies hanging around in Dublin and they are hidden in every other town in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 33,025 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

com1 wrote: »
    ...And boggers, dont forget the boggers! (Oh, hang on, I am kind of a bogger too, though that kind of proves the point(ish))

Princess, were you sampling the contents of yer mans ars baggy by any chance?

I have done many "baggies" as you young'uns are calling them nowadays, and I have gone to many strange and bizarre places both physical and metaphysical in my time.

Athlone is not one of them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

GBX wrote: »
    Tis amazing how there is only junkies hanging around in Dublin and they are hidden in every other town in Ireland

Tis.

They're called "alcoholics" in other towns. Or "characters".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Sadly we'll never get the Éamonn Mac Thomáis commentary on what the OP saw. That would be a Netflix smash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

There's a methadone clinic smack bang in the city centre that attracts a huge amount of junkies.

People that work in and walk through Dublin daily are aware of the plague of junkies around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

This country man was going to a match in Croke Park one time and parked his car beside the flats near Croke Park. When he got out a couple of chung fellas walked over - "Hey mister, do you want someone to watch your car." The man laughed and pointed at the Rottweiler sitting in the back. "Don't worry lads he's well able to mind it." "Hey mister, can your dog put out fires"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Dublin is full of scummers, an inconvenient truth but there you have it.

The population has boomed in the last 50 years alright. The place is bursting at the seems with uncouth rural social infants battering each other on Harcourt and Camden Street but like anything we will get them up to speed eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I've got 12 children, and let me tell you, I'd never let them within 200 miles of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

"Druggies" Bog warrior confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Standman wrote: »
    I've got 12 children, and let me tell you, I'd never let them within 200 miles of Dublin.

Good shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Allinall

This is what makes Dublin great.

Allinall wrote: »
    This is what makes Dublin great.

I agree, dozen o' pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Het up?

Don't worry about it, apparently I don't know what "taking the piss" means, I was under the impression it meant being lighthearted, making a joke, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The fella was using hoop storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I had a look at your previous posts and it seems you were living or staying in Dublin just a couple of years ago, and in fact recommending restaurants in the city.

Or am I missing a joke somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,756 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So is every other capital city on the planet.

When you have vast amounts of people in an enclosed place, that's sort of what happens.

Sorry, it is a sh1thole of a place. Highly visible scumbags coupled with a miserable level of law enforcement that scummers just laugh at.
    It ain't Caracas but I'm sure it could be a lot better than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Great. You better keep your promise and dont let them near us!

The obvious logic here being that that's because you never within 200 miles of it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I knew a bloke called William who had nine sons.
    He called them all William after himself.
    He was known as the man with nine Willy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

The level of open hard drug use in Dublin city centre is not something you see in Cork, Limerick or Galway, can't really speak to the regional towns. Something like a third of the heroin using population live in Dublin, and the clinics being in the city centre means the people in tbe worst throes gather there.

I've seen people shooting up or selling heroin in Cork, but it's been in out of the way alleys and empty lots, I've seen people mangled on heroin too, but it's still (so far) relatively remarkable. Never seen someone selling or taking drugs on Patrick Street despite being there almost daily, have several times seen it O Connell St despite being there, at most, a couple of times a year.

Ye're all determined to deny it's any kind of unusual thing if someone from outside Dublin points it out, grand, off with ye.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I had a look at your previous posts and it seems you were living or staying in Dublin just a couple of years ago, and in fact recommending restaurants in the city.

No joke - I will not let any of my 12 children within 200 miles of Dublin. West Kerry is the place for them, believe me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Don't you live in Dublin 7?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

pablo128 wrote: »

He's clearly having a laugh at the unwillingness of country folk to engage in any use of contraceptives.

Advertisement