Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Delighted he is dead! Hope those who helped him hide get prosecuted and thrown in Jail!

Or the same fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Surprised they caught him, between the open border hopping charade and community assistance.

Are you referring to something specific here? I've missed most of this story. Was he being hidden by a community outside of France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Are you referring to something specific here? I've missed most of this story. Was he being hidden by a community outside of France?

US media is reporting it is 'very likely' he had help.

By it's size and nature the borders between France and it's neighbours are pourous, supportive of free movement, and near impossible to monitor fully. He also has dozens of convictions across three european states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Do the 72 virgins volunteer, or are they coerced in any way ?

A) The promise is "virgins". No mention of whether they are male/female attractive/ugly. Suppose it's all the one if ya leave the bedsheets over the head.

B) Who the fcuk would want 72 virgins? That makes 73 fcukers without a clue what goes where or who does what. If we're honest it's not really the same with a goat now is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pelvis wrote: »
    Are you aware some Irish have carried out terrorist attacks on Western countries?

Are you aware that is often settled people dumping crap at traveller sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Did he get off a prison sentence because of a human rights claim of some sort?
    Yes.
    Can you elaborate?
    No
    Did you make it up?
    Perhaps.

It's great banter, it really is.

engiweirdo wrote: »
    The first part of this in particular is horrific because it's ultimately very true. The "religion of peace" will have attendees at peace marches and speakers on tv citing "it's not all muslims", while depraved animals like the murderer in question are allowed to hide in plain sight among the many enclaves in modern Europe.

Like clockwork they come out to claim "Islam is a Religion of Peace" and claim "Muslims are the real victims in all of this" [never mind the innocents killed]but never once does a word of condemnation pass their lips. I'm not surprised at islamic terrorists being able to hide in mosques. After 9-11 Mosques in the tri-state area [New York,New Jersey and Connecticut] were searched and shut down after Police found weapons under the floor boards and in the walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

A) The promise is "virgins". No mention of whether they are male/female attractive/ugly. Suppose it's all the one if ya leave the bedsheets over the head.

B) Who the fcuk would want 72 virgins? That makes 73 fcukers without a clue what goes where or who does what. If we're honest it's not really the same with a goat now is it.

I am more concerned, in this woke era, of the rights of the virgins themselves, but presume it does now include all the LGBTIFW+ spectrum equally.

I am more concerned, in this woke era, of the rights of the virgins themselves, but presume it does now include all the LGBTIFW+ spectrum equally.

DID YOU JUST ASSUME THOSE VIRGINS GENDERS???!!!!!!!

e58.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

ISIS will now claim responsibility. Their modus operandi is to only claim responsibility after the perpetrator is dead. They released a regular update yesterday through their propaganda wing and only noted the incident, but did not claim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

It's actually raisins not virgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dante7 wrote: »
    ISIS will now claim responsibility. Their modus operandi is to only claim responsibility after the perpetrator is dead. They released a regular update yesterday through their propaganda wing and only noted the incident, but did not claim it.

ISIS won't claim this as they barely exist anymore. They're in big trouble.

antietam1 wrote: »
    It's actually raisins not virgins.

No its virgins. And a very controversial topic in Islam it is to, with many scholars viewing 72 as insufficient, considering to look for more would be guily of greed.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    DID YOU JUST ASSUME THOSE VIRGINS GENDERS???!!!!!!!

No ! :eek:
    What do think this is, 2016 ?
    I included the full LGBTIFW+ gamut.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

No its virgins. And a very controversial topic in Islam it is to, with many scholars viewing 72 as insufficient, considering to look for more would be guily of greed.
    Virgins I read is more a modern thing, it was raisins.
    They were precious in the desert.

murpho999 wrote: »

You have no idea what you are talking about. I recommend reading some of the many articles by Rukmini Callimachi, the New York Times correspondent, who is an absolute expert in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Shame he's dead. Absolute shame.

Now he's dead a martyr to his cause, which is exactly what they want. Better to take them in alive, imprison him and honestly torture him until he gives up everyone.

To hell with his rights.

I'm good with martyr.

Besides, the more martyrs there are the more diluted the effect of being a martyr becomes so the more martyrs the merrier I say.

murpho999 wrote: »

ISIS have now claimed responsibility.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/1073339217256898567?s=09

"Crucially, the claim uses phrasing that this was an inspired attack, rather than one directed by the group from Iraq and Syria."

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/1073340992907026435?s=09

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm good with martyr.

Besides, the more martyrs there are the more diluted the effect of being a martyr becomes so the more martyrs the merrier I say.

When everyone's a martyr. Then no one will really be one.the-incredibles-syndrome.jpg

No ! :eek:
    What do think this is, 2016 ?
    I included the full LGBTIFW+ gamut.

There's 2 Qs, a couple of I's, 2 **[apparently for two spirited] and a couple A's.

GET IT RIGHT YOU HATEFUL BIGOT!!!!!!!![TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES]:D

Yeah. Its one big alphabet soup now. I don't think anyone in that community can keep that straight [or know what every letter stands for] no less people outside that community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

antietam1 wrote: »
    Virgins I read is more a modern thing, it was raisins.
    They were precious in the desert.

some desserts too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Shame he's dead. Absolute shame.

Now he's dead a martyr to his cause, which is exactly what they want. Better to take them in alive, imprison him and honestly torture him until he gives up everyone.

To hell with his rights.

In fairness to the French police, they already knew that the guy was prone to shoot people, and it turned out he shot at them as well. Can't exactly blame them for not taking chances and just shooting the man.

Besides, history has shown that the French will shoot if there's the slightest chance of a negative outcome if they don't. I'm thinking Marseilles train station, Orly airport, that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

All combined, did they kill as many as him? Not going on numbers, it was the scale brought him his notoriety, also killing within his own demographic.

Well since you drag out Brevik as an example of right wing we can drag in Madrid (trains), London (77 trains/buses/ London bridge attack) Manchester, Paris (Charlie Hebod/Bataclan), Nice, Normandy church, Stockholm, Brussels, Berlin.

Then we can add in India hotel massacres, Kenya shopping centre, Bali tourists, Turkey (nightclub),
    then they are all those Russian terrorist attacks (Beslan school massacre, numerous metro attacks),
    Then there is USA attacks

So yes islamists terrorists have slaughtered a hell of a lot more than Brevik and even adding in Oklahoma.
    Dannyriver wrote: »
    By leaving the reference markers in , it was quite obvious i was cutting and pasting, if you d like me to put it in to my own words, I haven't time.

As for no Muslims in Europe are treated as second class citizens 1] so you suggest treating them as second class citizens by ****ing them into handy internment camps. Seriously? Radicalize every teenage Muslim in the western world? Do you really think innocent people would not be interned if the cops had their way 2] re Muslims aren't treated as second class citizens in Europe..tell that to the Algerians ****ed into ghettos on the outskirts of Paris or Marseilles after the French pillaged their natural resources for centuries. Neither the past nor the present live in a vacumn...Violence is the mother of violence always was always will be.

What about fact France took in Algerians and fellow muslims from the Maghreb.
    They gave them work, gave them a very good standard of free healthcare and free education for their children.
    Graces7 wrote: »
    All this and the state of the world makes me very very glad to be not just in Ireland but on a small island often cut off by our weather..

But you do have some Amish nearby, don't you. ;)

Pelvis wrote: »
    Aren't you always on here campaigning to bring in refugees? Are you aware some refugees on their offspring have carried out terror attacks on Western countries?
    Are you aware some Irish have carried out terrorist attacks on Western countries?

Ah yes whataboutery my old friend.

BTW for maximum points you should have mentioned catholic priests and for a bonus the crusades. :rolleyes:
    In fairness to the French police, they already knew that the guy was prone to shoot people, and it turned out he shot at them as well. Can't exactly blame them for not taking chances and just shooting the man.

Besides, history has shown that the French will shoot if there's the slightest chance of a negative outcome if they don't. I'm thinking Marseilles train station, Orly airport, that sort of thing.

Well they have lost a fair few officers already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Oh I absolutely get why they would have shot him, if you can say one thing for the various European police forces is they'll tend to focus on capturing people alive rather than shooting them.

I just think he got off easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

jmayo wrote: »
    Well since you drag out Brevik as an example of right wing we can drag in Madrid (trains), London (77 trains/buses/ London bridge attack) Manchester, Paris (Charlie Hebod/Bataclan), Nice, Normandy church, Stockholm, Brussels, Berlin.

Then we can add in India hotel massacres, Kenya shopping centre, Bali tourists, Turkey (nightclub),
    then they are all those Russian terrorist attacks (Beslan school massacre, numerous metro attacks),
    Then there is USA attacks

So yes islamists terrorists have slaughtered a hell of a lot more than Brevik and even adding in Oklahoma.

What about fact France took in Algerians and fellow muslims from the Maghreb.
    They gave them work, gave them a very good standard of free healthcare and free education for their children.

Oh did they? I didn t know that...Its grand so, they atoned for invading an entire country. Imagine helping some muslims, saints the lot of them. And apparently they helped those fellow muslims entirely out of sheer kindness and good heartedness, didn t even need them to fill vacancys in france. Just sheer and utter colonial kindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I just think he got off easy.

He was killed. Hardly getting off easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dante7 wrote: »
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I recommend reading some of the many articles by Rukmini Callimachi, the New York Times correspondent, who is an absolute expert in this area.

Yes but ISIS as an effective organisation does not exist as it does. It's just radicilaised loners doing then and then the remnants of ISIS claim it.

Advertisement