Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Ill see your arab conflict and raise you WW1 and 2, Vietnam war, Cambodia central america, Korea, Afganistan, Algeria, If you won t read a book you can always google just type in the word 'History'

Hang on. You blamed Western involvement. When weldoninho pointed out that that's untrue, you play the whataboutery game and get sarky. Give over Dannyboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the West is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hang on. You blamed Western involvement. When weldoninho pointed out that that's untrue, you play the whataboutery game and get sarky. Give over Dannyboy.

The sad thing is that you are actually serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vJ3vDLYmsA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Danzy wrote: »
    Mainstream mosques across Europe preach views that would make ones blood curl, host speakers that call for violence, wife beating, gay bashing, targeting Jews.

Some people pretend the main Mosques are fine and it is all down to back street mosques in a house.

Where are these mosques? Are they anywhere near Cologne/Bonn? I'd like to go and check it out myself and see if it's true.

From the horse's mouth etc.

The sad thing is that you are actually serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vJ3vDLYmsA

They're at it since forever Danny

• Advertisement

Look at the video it's easier than actually reading a book I promise

Look at the video it's easier than actually reading a book I promise

But what if it's a pop up book with sounds? Probably be very realistic actually...

But what if it's a pop up book with sounds? Probably be very realistic actually...

What did you make of the video I linked you, to challenge your claim of my whataboutery

What did you make of the video I linked you, to challenge your claim of my whataboutery

You claimed the Middle East has been in disarray because of Western influnece. Another poster disputed that by saying it's been like that long before the West arrived. My link also shows it to be true statement. There are plenty of ongoing issues right now in the region which are more complex than simply ''the west did it.''

You claimed the Middle East has been in disarray because of Western influnece. Another poster disputed that by saying it's been like that long before the West arrived. My link also shows it to be true statement. There are plenty of ongoing issues right now in the region which are more complex than simply ''the west did it.''

You re link proved nothing. Here s a link showing you the same thing about Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Europe

Of course its complex, but western interference since WW 1 is a massive contributor. Google the war in Iraq you ll find out more about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Sadly, a fourth person has died and a fifth has been declared brain dead.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46564086

Police received 800 calls to their tip line after releasing the suspects information. Interestingly enough, he was spotted by police walking down a street and does not appear to have been in hiding.

You re link proved nothing. Here s a link showing you the same thing about Europe.

It did. it proved there was issues and tension in the region long before the West arrived, which was what my point was. Your link to conflicts in Europe does nothing to strengthen or weaken your argument as that's not what either of us were speaking about whatsoever. It's irrelevant. Thank you.

jmayo wrote: »
    And what the feck were they doing in the likes of Agleria before the French arrived.
    Oh wait they were under Ottoman rule at one stage.
    Shure that was lovely.

Listening to some one would think all of the places colonised were peaceful paradises before Europeans arrived.
    And no that is not excusing the cr** carried out by the colonisers, but some of the modern day liberal lefties of the opinion "all white Europeans are bad" would want to check a few facts first about history.

One would fooking swear that every ill under the sun was invented by white people from Europe. :rolleyes:

I know a multitude of modern day lefties and not one has ever spoken about 'all white Europeans are bad' that s like saying all muslims are intent on overtaking the west. Very Childish opinion altogether.

It did. it proved there was issues and tension in the region long before the West arrived, which was what my point was. Your link to conflicts in Europe does nothing to strengthen or weaken your argument as that's not what either of us were speaking about whatsoever. It's irrelevant. Thank you.

So because there were tensions in the region before the west got involved we are to ignore what they ve done down there? Sure they were always fighting anyway kind of thing is it?

So because there were tensions in the region before the west got involved we are to ignore what they ve done down there? Sure they were always fighting anyway kind of thing is it?

Literally the point the other poster was making. You got it. Well done! Nobody the West's involvement is to be ignored at all by the way...

Literally the point the other poster was making. You got it. Well done! Nobody the West's involvement is to be ignored at all by the way...

The other poster used whataboutery that there were tensions prior to western involvement as a way of downplaying the wests interference and bullying of the middle eastern countries which are a massive part of the conflict down there. You are clearly doing the same. Can the Nazi s use the same logic considering there was always conflict in Europe [see the link I posted to you earlier similar to the one you linked me about Middle eastern conflict] before Hitler got involved. ?

Nazis now? Makes a change from the 'RA I suppose.

Nazis now? Makes a change from the 'RA I suppose.

The other poster used whataboutery that there were tensions prior to western involvement as a way of downplaying the wests interference and bullying of the middle eastern countries which are a massive part of the conflict down there. You are clearly doing the same. Can the Nazi s use the same logic considering there was always conflict in Europe [see the link I posted to you earlier similar to the one you linked me about Middle eastern conflict] before Hitler got involved. ?

Oh you're just saying the exact same thing again. cool.

Oh you're just saying the exact same thing again. cool.

Ill take your inability to answer my question as proof that you don't have one yeah?

• Advertisement

Ill take your inability to answer my question as proof that you don't have one yeah?

Right, listen. It's easy.

Other poster claimed there's always been issues in Middle East.
    There has. You maintained it's because of the West's meddling. It's been unstable before then. That's literally the only point that was being made. You start going on about Europe's history then which nobody else had brought up in the contxct of the point. Nobody claimed the West being involved hasn't had an impact. Nobody said that.

Actually it's easier just not to engage with you anymore because your debating skills are so poor and you just drag people off on emotional tangents. When your hero is Blindboy from Rubberbandits, it's really nobody's fault but my own for getting into it with you. Auf weidersehen!

Right, listen. It's easy.

Other poster claimed there's always been issues in Middle East.
    There has. You maintained it's because of the West's meddling. It's been unstable before then. That's literally the only point that was being made. You start going on about Europe's history then which nobody else had brought up in the contxct of the point. Nobody claimed the West being involved hasn't had an impact. Nobody said that.

Actually it's easier just not to engage with you anymore because your debating skills are so poor and you just drag people off on emotional tangents. When your hero is Blindboy from Rubberbandits, it's really nobody's fault but my own for getting into it with you. Auf weidersehen!

QED enjoy your weekend.

What % are people happy with having the muslim population at? Or are ye all carefree enough to have no threshold?

Over in Belgium there is enough to have started political parties, with aims for an islamic state, and they have election success. They literally sound like ISIS.
    In 2018, they candidated in 28 municipalities. Its goals are an Islamic state. Its policies include men and women to be separated on public transport, schools must be forced to offer halal meat and anyone must be able to wear a headscarf anywhere. Its policy is to replace the civil and penal laws of Belgium with Sharia law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Belgium#Islam_party

This is where is occurs:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint-Jans-Molenbeek#Demographics
    The population has been described as "mainly Muslim" in the media; however, actual figures range between 25% and 40%, depending on the catchment area

So thats probably a limit any sane person would want right?

What about future birth rates? England & Wales has it at 5% - from the 2011 census.
    According to the 2011 Census, 2.7 million Muslims live in England and Wales, up by almost 1 million from the previous census, where they form 5.0% of the general population and 9.1% of children under the age of five
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_England

So gonna pretty much double in a generation and as the older cohort dies off the % will increase.
    And as much as I enjoy watching the Brexit spectacle and the UK potentially break itself up it is just a bit too close to Ireland for comfort. Whatever happens Ireland will likely have open borders with either the UK or the EU and possibly continue to be open to both.

So someone please provide me with a good case in favour of what seems to be utter madness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

What % are people happy with having the muslim population at? Or are ye all carefree enough to have no threshold?

What's not to love?
    Sheffield 2018.

https://twitter.com/TarekFatah/status/1073601626961862657

I for one can hardly wait until a Hijabs'R'Us store opens in my local village.

No, no, what I actually mean is I cannot stand the PC lack of criticism of the barbaric fundamentalist medieval elements of certain (burgeoning) aspects of Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭malinheader

Over in Belgium there is enough to have started political parties, with aims for an islamic state, and they have election success. They literally sound like ISIS.

This is where is occurs:

What about future birth rates? England & Wales has it at 5% - from the 2011 census.

So gonna pretty much double in a generation and as the older cohort dies off the % will increase.
    And as much as I enjoy watching the Brexit spectacle and the UK potentially break itself up it is just a bit too close to Ireland for comfort. Whatever happens Ireland will likely have open borders with either the UK or the EU and possibly continue to be open to both.

So someone please provide me with a good case in favour of what seems to be utter madness?

Great post and also very worrying. It's a pity it will be looked upon as some as a racist statement. Even our own government now seem intent on letting Ireland become another country full of people from very different backgrounds, cultures who don't want to embrace ours. Diversity and multiculturalism is not working. Anyway to answer your question. Anyone wanting to come into our country to work, pay tax and except western cultures and don't expect us to change our ways is ok with me.Anyone who doesn't straight back out and that goes for any that's here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Zorya wrote: »
    What's not to love?
    Sheffield 2018.

https://twitter.com/TarekFatah/status/1073601626961862657

I for one can hardly wait until a Hijabs'R'Us store opens in my local village.

No, no, what I actually mean is I cannot stand the PC lack of criticism of the barbaric fundamentalist medieval elements of certain (burgeoning) aspects of Islam.

Watching those videos I feel so culturally enriched.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It is mad, we all agree today that 1950s Catholism was horrendous here.

However, for the modern Left, a faith that is multiples more regressive, at its best, that is often dark ages savagery, is off limits for protest or critique.

They'll happily wear an anti Nazi badge and sit on a platform with people who advocate the extermination of all Jews, killing gays, wife beating.

Off topic but the modern Left has gone nuts, bat shi7 crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Danzy wrote: »
    It is mad, we all agree today that 1950s Catholism was horrendous here.

However, for the modern Left, a faith that is multiples more regressive, at its best, that is often dark ages savagery, is off limits for protest or critique.

They'll happily wear an anti Nazi badge and sit on a platform with people who advocate the extermination of all Jews, killing gays, wife beating.

Off topic but the modern Left has gone nuts, bat shi7 crazy.
    lol. I have a pair of these creatures next door to me. Actually tried to cause a lot of trouble and labelled me a nazi etc because of something I wrote on a facebook page about a convicted criminal who happened to be "new-Irish" not that I mentioned that fact.

The irony is that I doubt these uneducated buffoons could spell Auschwitz, never mind comprehend what an actual nazi is. And would be the first ones complaining if "De forriners" moved in beside them. But they'll latch on to whatever cause the latest Twitter hashtag tells them is right on now.

They'll be no doubt furiously scratching their heads in bewilderment next week as we are having a birthday party for our daughter at the house and precisely 2 of the friends she has chosen to invite are Irish born. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The religion of Greed and western arrogance

So, none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This is where is occurs:

Ah yeah, but what you don’t see is that Ireland is only going to get “good” Muslims. You see, Ireland is completely different to every other country. We’ll only get doctors, engineers and other top notch immigrants. They’ll love Ireland and want to integrate fully. Just because.

Or so the left would have you believe.

Advertisement