Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

He was killed. Hardly getting off easy.

He died a martyr to his cause. This exactly the kind of thing the brain-washers will use to their advantage when they're recruiting other young Muslims to their cause.

Ideally they could have captured him and broken him for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mods. Can we have a rolling Islamic terror attack and arrest thread.

Daily additions at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Think you have the right idea.

It's my dream to retire to an Irish offshore island.

Yeah mine too, Sherkin Island in particular .... little gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Do the 72 virgins volunteer, or are they coerced in any way ?
    I always wondered why this was such a motivation, jesus 72 virgins!!!!
    You'd go crazy!!

Paradise would be one dirty hewer !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Oh did they? I didn t know that...Its grand so, they atoned for invading an entire country.

Or maybe they should atone by sending everyone back? I mean, if innocent European children are to pay with their innocent lives for the colonial past, then maybe it's not such a bad idea, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

All organised religions are based on nonsense and they all brainwash people from a young age. All organised religions hamper human progress.

Thankfully they will soon be extinct. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Cordell wrote: »
    Or maybe they should atone by sending everyone back? I mean, if innocent European children are to pay with their innocent lives for the colonial past, then maybe it's not such a bad idea, right?

Are you serious? What do u mean sending everyone back, back where? They are French citizens...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

All organised religions are based on nonsense and they all brainwash people from a young age. All organised religions hamper human progress.

Science brought us the flight of the airplane, religion flew the planes into buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Are you serious? What do u mean sending everyone back, back where? They are French citizens...

Exactly, it's too late for the French that's why Ireland must not make the same mistakes. We need to stop this madness and follow the Hungarian or Japanese models more closely.

Of course not. I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is to justify their actions using the colonial past. They should not blame France and the French for what has been done to their countries, first because it's not their countries - they are French citizens, and second, they got to live a better life than there.

Resenting the west and the western way of life while living in the west is just stupid - this has to be said more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Absolutely. It's seldom you hear of Jehovah's Witnesses going on a murder spree though, or Mormons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Omackeral wrote: »
    Absolutely. It's seldom you hear of Jehovah's Witnesses going on a murder spree though, or Mormons.

They have their own issues though don't they?

Correct, they tend not to turn their major psychological problems into violence.

Correct, they tend not to turn their major psychological problems into violence.

Correct the same as the vast majority of the 1.5 billion muslims in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yes, the Middle East where a lot of muslims live has been relatively stable over the past 1000 years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Exactly, it's too late for the French that's why Ireland must not make the same mistakes. We need to stop this madness and follow the Hungarian or Japanese models more closely.

the Japanese model is changing, they are beginning to bring in immigrants. hungary will eventually do the same i'd imagine, down the line.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Well child abuse is a form of violence. What I think you mean is they don't generally target victims outside their own group.

I'd wager most groups do. However, I don't remember any of them going on a murderous spree in a packed market myself.

I'd wager most groups do. However, I don't remember any of them going on a murderous spree in a packed market myself.

No, there issues are different. Not sure you could class one as worse than the other though.

Yes, the Middle East where a lot of muslims live has been relatively stable over the past 1000 years. :rolleyes:

You re wrong there it's actually been in turmoil due to western interference.

• Advertisement

No, there issues are different. Not sure you could class one as worse than the other though.

I personally would class the murder of scores of innocent people in the name of some god to be fundamentally as bad as it gets. If there are cases of child abuse by Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, that's obviously vile. One thing I would say is that one is definitely and undeniably linked to religion. Allah akbar is the all too common religious war cry we hear being bellowed before yet another atrocity. Are sickos abusing children doing it in their lord or their prophet's name, thinking nirvana awaits them? Or are they doing it because they're twisted fcuks?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

jmayo wrote: »
    What about fact France took in Algerians and fellow muslims from the Maghreb.
    They gave them work, gave them a very good standard of free healthcare and free education for their children.

Oh did they? I didn t know that...Its grand so, they atoned for invading an entire country. Imagine helping some muslims, saints the lot of them. And apparently they helped those fellow muslims entirely out of sheer kindness and good heartedness, didn t even need them to fill vacancys in france. Just sheer and utter colonial kindness.

And what the feck were they doing in the likes of Agleria before the French arrived.
    Oh wait they were under Ottoman rule at one stage.
    Shure that was lovely.

Listening to some one would think all of the places colonised were peaceful paradises before Europeans arrived.
    And no that is not excusing the cr** carried out by the colonisers, but some of the modern day liberal lefties of the opinion "all white Europeans are bad" would want to check a few facts first about history.

One would fooking swear that every ill under the sun was invented by white people from Europe. :rolleyes:
    He was killed. Hardly getting off easy.

Are you concerned and sorry for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I always wondered why this was such a motivation, jesus 72 virgins!!!!
    You'd go crazy!!

Paradise would be one dirty hewer !!

Do the female suicide bombers also get 72 virgins ?

And why 72, isn't is a weird number to have?

Ah yes another of the usual go to.s.
    Just like when some politician is found to be corrupt some resort to "aren't the all the same" as somehow to lessen the blame.

How many religions are causing wholesale slaughters right around the world.
    Are Sikhs killing people in Europe or North America because they might have a barney with hindus in India?
    Are hindus slaughtering all around them because they are having problem with muslims in Kashmir?

Oh wait there are fundamentalist christians in Uganda killing folks in Uganda and the Westboro baptist church are shouting and threatening gays and women having abortions, so I guess all religions are as bad as the so called "religion of peace." :rolleyes:

Lets play the old game of naming a decent muslim majority country with secular rights and freedoms for all throughout the country and not just in one or two massive big cosmopolitan westernised cities.

I personally would class the murder of scores of innocent people in the name of some god to be fundamentally as bad as it gets. If there are cases of child abuse by Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, that's obviously vile. One thing I would say is that one is definitely and undeniably linked to religion. Allah akbar is the all too common religious war cry we hear being bellowed before yet another atrocity. Are sickos abusing children doing it in their lord or their prophet's name, thinking nirvana awaits them? Or are they doing it because they're twisted fcuks?

The abuse itself is not a religious issue. The way it is covered up is. For the good of the church. It's irrelevant really. You'll always get different interpretations of a religion. It will always be the sickos that commit the worst offences.

jmayo wrote: »
    Are you concerned and sorry for him?

What an odd question. Why would I be?

Well child abuse is a form of violence. What I think you mean is they don't generally target victims outside their own group.

Yes agreed. I meant external violence.

As for Catholics, if they truly believe a man in a robe can turn bread into flesh and blood every Sunday, they can essentially believe anything. Those people do have psychological issues too. Organised religion has always been a slippery slope to power grabbing and violence. I look forward to the day that All organised religions are exposed for the shams they are.
    Islam is currently the most dangerous religion in the world today.

You re wrong there it's actually been in turmoil due to western interference.

Was all quiet and peaceful before that though, eh?? :rolleyes:

They've been beating, murdering and beheading each other since time immemorial.

And why 72, isn't is a weird number to have?
    The exact number it's the least weirdest thing about getting to fck a bunch of virgins in heaven, after you killed some innocents and you killed yourself for the glory of god.

Was all quiet and peaceful before that though, eh?? :rolleyes:

They've been beating, murdering and beheading each other since time immemorial.

Ill see your arab conflict and raise you WW1 and 2, Vietnam war, Cambodia central america, Korea, Afganistan, Algeria, If you won t read a book you can always google just type in the word 'History'

Ill see your arab conflict and raise you WW1 and 2, Vietnam war, Cambodia central america, Korea, Afganistan, Algeria, If you won t read a book you can always google just type in the word 'History'

Raise me?? What are you talking about??

What religion was being pushed in the above wars??

• Advertisement

Raise me?? What are you talking about??

What religion was being pushed in the above wars??

The religion of Greed and western arrogance

Advertisement