Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Dannyriver wrote: »
    I'm not here to explain basic sociological/historical theory read a ****ing book will you.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Sonics2k wrote: »
    These killings could have been stopped had the authorities taken action sooner and locked this guy up.

Lock him up for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wanted dead or alive… time to mount up!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All this and the state of the world makes me very very glad to be not just in Ireland but on a small island often cut off by our weather..

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

mad muffin wrote: »
    Wanted dead or alive… time to mount up!

All we need is money, a little time and a GODDAMN plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Pelvis wrote: »
    Lock him up for what?

Should have kept him in jail for the maximum amount of time possible for any one of the armed robberys he commited. Maybe this could of been avoided then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Pelvis wrote: »
    Lock him up for what?

I don't know chief, 27 prior convictions for violent crimes, on an S-Watch-list since 2015 for his fanaticism, but locking up would be against his Human Rights... and his victims? You don't give a damn about those now do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Graces7 wrote: »
    All this and the state of the world makes me very very glad to be not just in Ireland but on a small island often cut off by our weather..

Think you have the right idea.

It's my dream to retire to an Irish offshore island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Guess it depends on what you hope to achieve? Would it be lower crime levels, less multiculturalism, escaping stressful modern european lifestyles, more privacy etc.

Whilst places such as Rathlin have very low crime, not long ago they got CCTV installed at the harbour (due to European legislation). Some residents later discovered that they had been filmed in their home sitting rooms by these 360o zoom cameras, and thus complained to the council (who investigated themselves) about clear privacy breaches. Due to Brexit, some there are now seeking to join Scotland.

And while the new Mosque on the Island of Lewis (bult within 8wks), is largely very well received by the population and most community leaders. The Minister of the Free Church in Stornoway, is opposed to the new building, and by calling it a 'false religion' might community tension. A few other local priests also refused to visit, stating the don't any backlash from their own community by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

But you have internet :cool:

• Advertisement

I don't know chief, 27 prior convictions for violent crimes, on an S-Watch-list since 2015 for his fanaticism, but locking up would be against his Human Rights... and his victims?

Presumably his previous crimes were dealt with within the boundaries the law allows. Do you know something we don't?
    You don't give a damn about those now do you?

Calm down pet, you're gonna burst a blood vessel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I don't know chief, 27 prior convictions for violent crimes, on an S-Watch-list since 2015 for his fanaticism, but locking up would be against his Human Rights... and his victims? You don't give a damn about those now do you?

Did he get off a prison sentence because of a human rights claim of some sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Are you not in Canada??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

BBC saying that the shooter is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Justice is served.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Aren't you always on here campaigning to bring in refugees? Are you aware some refugees on their offspring have carried out terror attacks on Western countries?

Aren't you always on here campaigning to bring in refugees? Are you aware some refugees on their offspring have carried out terror attacks on Western countries?
    Are you aware some Irish have carried out terrorist attacks on Western countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Delighted he is dead! Hope those who helped him hide get prosecuted and thrown in Jail!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sky & Rte are saying same. Small loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Shame he's dead. Absolute shame.

Now he's dead a martyr to his cause, which is exactly what they want. Better to take them in alive, imprison him and honestly torture him until he gives up everyone.

To hell with his rights.

• Advertisement

Did he get off a prison sentence because of a human rights claim of some sort?

Yes.

Yes.

Can you elaborate?

Can you elaborate?

No

No

Did you make it up?

Did you make it up?

Perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

One can only hope he spent his last few minutes on this earth in severe pain. Good riddance

One can only hope he spent his last few minutes on this earth in severe pain. Good riddance

Unfortunately there are far too many repugnant creatures such as this one to take his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Do the 72 virgins volunteer, or are they coerced in any way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Surprised they caught him, between the open border hopping charade and community assistance.

Wonder if they had used female trained markspersons to complete the operation,
    would he would be void of those four dozen virgins* (not sure of the exact number of virgins, but it's alot) in his afterlife to lust after,
    along with unicorns and fluffy clouds.

*edit: 72 virgins it would appear.

• Advertisement

Perhaps.

Thanks for being honest. There was no need though. There's plenty of examples of violent criminals being given much too lenient sentences resulting in people suffering because someone who should be locked up wasn't.

Advertisement