Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Omackeral wrote: »
    We know Anders Brevik by name because he isn't the norm when it comes to this type of atrocity. How many of the Islamist killers that caused havoc through Europe do any of us know by name? Brevik is pretty much the exception to the rule on this, from a fundamental point of view.

All combined, did they kill as many as him? Not going on numbers, it was the scale brought him his notoriety, also killing within his own demographic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Historians generally view the period of internment as inflaming sectarian tensions in Northern Ireland, while failing in its goal of arresting key members of the IRA. Many of the people arrested had no links whatsoever with the IRA, but their names appeared on the list of those to be arrested through bungling and incompetence. The list's lack of reliability and the arrests that followed, complemented by reports of internees being abused far in excess of the usual state violence,[7] led to more nationalists identifying with the IRA and losing hope in non-violent methods. After Operation Demetrius, recruits came forward in huge numbers to join the Provisional and Official wings of the IRA.[19] Internment also led to a sharp increase in violence. In the eight months before the operation, there were 34 conflict-related deaths in Northern Ireland. In the four months following it, 140 were killed.[19] A serving officer of the British Royal Marines declared:

It (internment) has, in fact, increased terrorist activity, perhaps boosted IRA recruitment, polarised further the Catholic and Protestant communities and reduced the ranks of the much needed Catholic moderates.[21]

In terms of loss of life, 1972 was the most violent year of the Troubles. The fatal march on Bloody Sunday (30 January 1972) in Derry, when 14 unarmed civil rights protesters were shot dead by British paratroopers, was an anti-internment march.

Well done on learning to copy and paste from Wiki.

Catholic’s in NI were treated as second class citizens, which meant that when internment was brought in there was a ready made body of people to step into the breach as they were all feeling the force of the British occupation.

No Muslims in Europe are treated as second class citizens, or given less rights than others. We are constantly told that the “lone wolf” terrorists are in the minority. We are constantly told that the vast majority of Muslims are moderate and are against the terrorism.

So there should not be anyone to step into the breach if these animals are interned. If we follow the logic of the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Well done on learning to copy and paste from Wiki.

Catholic’s in NI were treated as second class citizens, which meant that when internment was brought in there was a ready made body of people to step into the breach as they were all feeling the force of the British occupation.

No Muslims in Europe are treated as second class citizens, or given less rights than others. We are constantly told that the “lone wolf” terrorists are in the minority. We are constantly told that the vast majority of Muslims are moderate and are against the terrorism.

So there should not be anyone to step into the breach if these animals are interned. If we follow the logic of the left.

By leaving the reference markers in , it was quite obvious i was cutting and pasting, if you d like me to put it in to my own words, I haven't time.

As for no Muslims in Europe are treated as second class citizens 1] so you suggest treating them as second class citizens by ****ing them into handy internment camps. Seriously? Radicalize every teenage Muslim in the western world? Do you really think innocent people would not be interned if the cops had their way 2] re Muslims aren't treated as second class citizens in Europe..tell that to the Algerians ****ed into ghettos on the outskirts of Paris or Marseilles after the French pillaged their natural resources for centuries. Neither the past nor the present live in a vacumn...Violence is the mother of violence always was always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

What about the terrorists/ISIS etc, surely we should be minding them? What ever about your personal issues with Islam. How do you feel about Seventh day Adventists, a menace?

Cop on. Do they go around despising The West, our women, and our values/culture? Do they want everyone to submit to Islam? Do they want to kill Kuffirs? Do they want to eliminate The West? Do they want to do you harm because you don't believe in what they believe in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

inforfun wrote: »
    Here is his mug:

14543aa29efe208c9fb71846661a8c3c.png

Born in Strassbourg in 1989
    As usual, a quiet, nice guy apart from the time when he ended up in jail for giving some one a new face with a bottle.
    Since 2016 on the watchlist
    Yesterday morning an attempt to arrest him was made which didnt go wel but granades were found in his house.
    Before he ended up in prison in 2011 he was already involved in crime and has convicitions in Germany as well.

Upstanding European citizen as you can see who now killed 3 and wounded 13, 8 of them serious.

But but but he was a good Muslim ?

• Advertisement

twinytwo wrote: »
    Agreed, people do not realise how big the problem actually is.

Id say 99% of these guys are stopped before they can do any damage.

However this will continue while the pc and sjw brigades scream the loudest about their agendas. Open borders and multiculturalism have never and will never work

Islam has no place in europe.

Irony is it's these "liberals" whose lives will be effected the most when Sharia law finally comes mainstream.

Johnny and Dave walking down O connell street hand in hand ? oh how sweet ... throw em off liberty hall ..

He'll be holed up in a Muslim neighborhood in some European city - and all the residents will know who he is and what he did - for months before he's caught.

And the left will defend defend defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

How large scale would this 'devastating' chemical attack be? LIke anthrax or purposely spreading a disease in water supply or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Danzy wrote: »
    We have a post working class left. A movement that is far removed from the concerns and reality of working class lives, of the concerns of most.

It has become about the activist, the proles are so passé.

I probably disagree with you about everything but you’re right in this regard. My mate who is an RMT Union activist went on sky news to do an opinion piece about the papers headlines etc, the commentariat reacted like he was a chimney sweep who crashed the hunt ball. And that was just the lefties, laughing at his accent and cos he had the temerity to say he voted Leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Most religions take the position that their members are righteous and non-members are bad. Once people operate from a position of assumed moral authority they can do the most evil acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TomSweeney wrote: »
    But but but he was a good Muslim ?

Obviously someone was mean to him so it's not solely his fault.

By leaving the reference markers in , it was quite obvious i was cutting and pasting, if you d like me to put it in to my own words, I haven't time.

As for no Muslims in Europe are treated as second class citizens 1] so you suggest treating them as second class citizens by ****ing them into handy internment camps. Seriously? Radicalize every teenage Muslim in the western world? Do you really think innocent people would not be interned if the cops had their way 2] re Muslims aren't treated as second class citizens in Europe..tell that to the Algerians ****ed into ghettos on the outskirts of Paris or Marseilles after the French pillaged their natural resources for centuries. Neither the past nor the present live in a vacumn...Violence is the mother of violence always was always will be.

I didn’t know France had travelled to Algeria and forced citizens to move from there to Paris or Marseilles. Have you a link for that??

The left constantly tell us that the moderates are against these attacks. Why would terrorists being arrested radicalise them?? You can’t have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

If i was on twitter, id follow her for the craic! Gotta be some more gems out of her!
    Maybe they are just moving with the times luv, a swordsman on horseback doesnt cut it in 2018. Too much training needed anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

He'll be holed up in a Muslim neighborhood in some European city - and all the residents will know who he is and what he did - for months before he's caught.

And the left will defend defend defend.

The first part of this in particular is horrific because it's ultimately very true. The "religion of peace" will have attendees at peace marches and speakers on tv citing "it's not all muslims", while depraved animals like the murderer in question are allowed to hide in plain sight among the many enclaves in modern Europe.

Good to see security is taken seriously here. Unattended backpack at a busy DART station during rush hour. Irish rail are informed of it, so retweet it, rather than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,359 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Good to see security is taken seriously here. Unattended backpack at a busy DART station during rush hour. Irish rail are informed of it, so retweet it, rather than anything else.

Well with Agent weldon on twitter and boards Ireland will be safe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

enricoh wrote: »
    If i was on twitter, id follow her for the craic! Gotta be some more gems out of her!
    Maybe they are just moving with the times luv, a swordsman on horseback doesnt cut it in 2018. Too much training needed anyway!

It's a parody account

enricoh wrote: »

It's a parody account, one of the best on twitter.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well with Agent weldon on twitter and boards Ireland will be safe :)

I don’t think pointing out how lax we are makes me an Agent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

It's a parody account, one of the best on twitter.

I don't think anything will ever beat Godfrey Elwick though

I didn’t know France had travelled to Algeria and forced citizens to move from there to Paris or Marseilles. Have you a link for that??

The left constantly tell us that the moderates are against these attacks. Why would terrorists being arrested radicalise them?? You can’t have it both ways.

That just shows a lack of imagination or maybe empathy but most certainly a strong phobia of history books. You do know that the Algerians living in these places didn't travel there yeah? They were born and raised there sons and daughters of men and women who fought for France in the first and second world wars. They are French ctizens, you know like Zidane, Mbappe .

The left constantly tell us that the moderates are against these attacks. Why would terrorists being arrested radicalise them??

Again the deficit of imagination is palpable....Are you even aware of our own history? Did you know that when the declaration was read out by Pearce in 1916 most of the people in Ireland were indifferent to moderate and when the Brits decided to teach them a lesson they had a war on their hands. Ill repeat what I said above, violence is the mother of violence always was always will be.

That just shows a lack of imagination or maybe empathy but most certainly a strong phobia of history books. You do know that the Algerians living in these places didn't travel there yeah? They were born and raised there sons and daughters of men and women who fought for France in the first and second world wars. They are French ctizens, you know like Zidane, Mbappe .

The left constantly tell us that the moderates are against these attacks. Why would terrorists being arrested radicalise them??

Again the deficit of imagination is palpable....Are you even aware of our own history? Did you know that when the declaration was read out by Pearce in 1916 most of the people in Ireland were indifferent to moderate and when the Brits decided to teach them a lesson they had a war on their hands. Ill repeat what I said above, violence is the mother of violence always was always will be.

So when you said Algerians who were "fcuked into ghettoes", you meant French people living in France??

So when you said Algerians who were "fcuked into ghettoes", you meant French people living in France??

Yes that s exactly what I meant. Now if you can figure out the sub text you ll get my point completely.

Yes that s exactly what I meant. Now if you can figure out the sub text you ll get my point completely.

Why don't they get jobs and climb the social ladder and move out of the ghetto, or move to another EU country if they can't get a job in France?? They have the exact same rights as anyone else in France/the EU.

Why don't they get jobs and climb the social ladder and move out of the ghetto, or move to another EU country if they can't get a job in France?? They have the exact same rights as anyone else in France/the EU.

I see, so you missed the subtext. As I said a strong deficit of imagination, empathy and an aversion to history books.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I see, so you missed the subtext. As I said a strong deficit of imagination, empathy and an aversion to history books.

People tend to run out of that when innocents get slaughtered in the name of religion.

Explain this subtext. Should I hate all English people because of the famine, NI, 800 years of oppression of my ancestors etc?? because i'm pretty over it. Or is it just people of a different hue that still hold this "subtext"??

Omackeral wrote: »
    People tend to run out of that when innocents get slaughtered in the name of religion.

Im not talking about empathy for criminals, Im talking about empathy for the innocents that get blamed for the acts of criminals and how society and governments reconcile the issue.

• Advertisement

Explain this subtext. Should I hate all English people because of the famine, NI, etc?? because i'm pretty over it. Or is it just people of a different hue that still hold this "subtext"??

I'm not here to explain basic sociological/historical theory read a ****ing book will you.

Advertisement