Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

my3cents wrote: »
    I got an Amazon Prime delivery that normally comes by An Post with UPS this week. Ordered the same product (an air filter) at least four times previously and its always come with An Post before?

Only took 2 days with DPD btw.

Amazon would have lost a fair amount of money with refunds and reissuing parcels over christmas. Assume they're sending via DPD so as not to take the risk. Smyths too I'd say.

An Post could see themselves losing a lot of business from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

[PHP][/PHP]
    Amazon would have lost a fair amount of money with refunds and reissuing parcels over christmas. Assume they're sending via DPD so as not to take the risk. Smyths too I'd say.

I'm interested to see how the next item I've ordered today arrives. A couple of books and in the past (we spend at least 1k a year on books :rolleyes:) they have always come with An Post or previously before we had Amazon Prime iParcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

After the letter is received today from AnPost regarding business accounts they will be losing a lot of business, they are hiking up the price massively for every e-commerce store in the country using the credit labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

[PHP][/PHP]

Dont think Im unique in this but I have got very good feedback from customers about the service from An Post while at the same time I have heard some bad reports about some couriers. As I said a few pages back not only An Post got out with the sheer volumes but also the big players like Amazon who could not have forecast the growth through November and December and again this week.

I think An Post will actually grow because of the network of offices throughout the country. There will be big inquiry within An Post investigating cases like people have posted here and they will be ready and better equipped for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

LeoB wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

Dont think Im unique in this but I have got very good feedback from customers about the service from An Post while at the same time I have heard some bad reports about some couriers. As I said a few pages back not only An Post got out with the sheer volumes but also the big players like Amazon who could not have forecast the growth through November and December and again this week.

I think An Post will actually grow because of the network of offices throughout the country. There will be big inquiry within An Post investigating cases like people have posted here and they will be ready and better equipped for next year

Of course you’ve had nothing but positive experiences, your an AP employee of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

As far as I'm concerned there's a significant cohort of useless and dishonest employees. We've had a package left under out Xmas wreath on plain view and also a birthday card with 20e not delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevendon

After the letter is received today from AnPost regarding business accounts they will be losing a lot of business, they are hiking up the price massively for every e-commerce store in the country using the credit labels.

Our business for one will be moving to DPD as of Monday for parcel deliveries. The price hike was the last straw.
    Who in their right mind would pay more for a worse service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevendon

LeoB wrote: »

The problem isn't with the postman delivering the parcels to your door, it's with the sorting/mail centres. The delays we are continuing to experience into January are unacceptable.

It actually has been going on since the summer in our experience. On several occasions Express Post parcels didn't appear to move from our local DSU until the next day. When we complained, we were told that the truck had left our local DSU but weren't offloaded in the Dublin Parcel Centre due to the volume! This was in August...

I hope An Post learn a lesson from this farcical situation. Whoever took on the Amazon business without increasing the handling capacity should be fired.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

stevendon wrote: »
    The problem isn't with the postman delivering the parcels to your door, it's with the sorting/mail centres. The delays we are continuing to experience into January are unacceptable.

It actually has been going on since the summer in our experience. On several occasions Express Post parcels didn't appear to move from our local DSU until the next day. When we complained, we were told that the truck had left our local DSU but weren't offloaded in the Dublin Parcel Centre due to the volume! This was in August...

I hope An Post learn a lesson from this farcical situation. Whoever took on the Amazon business without increasing the handling capacity should be fired.

An Post will learn nothing. As long as they can keep increasing prices with no justification they will do nothing to fix the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

7th Jan - parcel ordered off Micks Garage
    9th Jan - parcel accepted Dublin Parcel centre D 12
    9th Jan - parcel Is in transit
    10th Jan - item is in transit, Portlaoise mail centre (11.54)
    10th Jan - item is in transit, Dublin parcel hub (19.40)
    11th Jan - item in transit, Dublin parcel hub (19.42)

Item is for Dublin, what's with the spin down the Midlands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

selous wrote: »
    7th Jan - parcel ordered off Micks Garage
    9th Jan - parcel accepted Dublin Parcel centre D 12
    9th Jan - parcel Is in transit
    10th Jan - item is in transit, Portlaoise mail centre (11.54)
    10th Jan - item is in transit, Dublin parcel hub (19.40)
    11th Jan - item in transit, Dublin parcel hub (19.42)

Item is for Dublin, what's with the spin down the Midlands?

Decentralization innit.

DMC is mail small/small packet centre. Portlaoise is the parcel hub and Athlone/Cork do a mix as far as I know. The vast majority of consignments come into Dublin or are warehoused here but that wasn't the case before and laying off actual posties (not Postmasters) will never happen so you get round robin journeys.

Just realised there are two tracking numbers for my order.

One is as above, still in Parcel hub, since 11th, having gone to Portlaoise and back
    and the other, according to track and trace hasn't budged from parcel centre on the 9th,

Rang customer care earlier for curiosity, speak your tracking number couldnt find it and after 15 min of
    "Your call is important to us/you've been waiting a long time and all they offer, bills, post box etc, I hung up.

[PHP][/PHP]

I'm interested to see how the next item I've ordered today arrives. A couple of books and in the past (we spend at least 1k a year on books :rolleyes:) they have always come with An Post or previously before we had Amazon Prime iParcel.

If anyone is interested above Amazon Prime order on Friday (11th) arrived on the Monday (14th) with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ordered an item Saturday night from Amazon, dispatched this morning and got a text just now from An Post that it's already in Dublin and will be delivered tomorrow. Pretty good, Dunfermline to Dublin in 15 hours or so. And my Prime expired last week so I just used the Free Super Saver Delivery. From past experiences with the free delivery, I wasn't expecting it till Thursday at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

I gave up on my online order that I ordered in December. It was never delivered. At this stage, it's not a delay especially considering I got other mail since. It just vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I received an order from the UK that was dispatched on January 3rd today. Delivery normally takes 3-5 days.

Another UK order was handed over from CAE to An Post early on the morning of Wed 9th. Should have been delivered the following day. It was eventually scanned by An Post 9.30pm Thursday and delivered to me yesterday (Monday).

Just realised there are two tracking numbers for my order.

One is as above, still in Parcel hub, since 11th, having gone to Portlaoise and back
    and the other, according to track and trace hasn't budged from parcel centre on the 9th,

The one that didn't move from the Parcel Centre since received on the 9th got delivered today.
    The one that went on it's travels from Dublin parcel centre (9th)-Portlaoise (10th)-Dublin parcel hub (11th), has today (15th) gone to Fonthill....When I got the "alternative delivery" email on the 9th, it said
    "We aim to deliver your item on the next working day" hmmm.

Parcel arrived today, but alas, not An Posts fault.
    Micks garage didn't put the full address on it, only
    Name
    Number, road name
    Eire

Checked my contact details on their website, everything there, including Ireland, not Eire, very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

The item I'm waiting for that was sent from Ukraine on 05/12 still hasn't arrived. Seller has come back to me today to say Ukraine Post said Ireland accepted the parcel on 31/12 so check with An Post. Been on hold for 10 minutes so far. Don't expect anything helpful when/if I do get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Parcel arrived today, but alas, not An Posts fault.
    Micks garage didn't put the full address on it, only
    Name
    Number, road name
    Eire

Checked my contact details on their website, everything there, including Ireland, not Eire, very odd.

Was it printed on a 4x6 white sticker? Same thing happens to me, it's only had my name and Waterford on, but it was delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,731 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I ordered an item from an eBay seller in Singapore on 11 Dec 2018, very cheap postage.

Estimated time of delivery was given as up to 15 Feb 2019. Arrived on 17 Jan, but the parcel originated in the Solomon Islands which is 4000 miles from Singapore.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Was it printed on a 4x6 white sticker? Same thing happens to me, it's only had my name and Waterford on, but it was delivered.

yep, that's it, I emailed Micks garage about it, just advising that the address was missing, they said its the address they got off Pay-Pal, but all my other ebay items etc are all properly addressed, curious, but I got them, so all's well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

The item I'm waiting for that was sent from Ukraine on 05/12 still hasn't arrived. Seller has come back to me today to say Ukraine Post said Ireland accepted the parcel on 31/12 so check with An Post. Been on hold for 10 minutes so far. Don't expect anything helpful when/if I do get through.

Welp, I spoke to an post again on Monday and they were adamant the item hadn't been received in this country as it would have been scanned. Absolutely not they said, Ukraine Post will have to open an investigation with is.

It arrived this morning!

So posted on December 5th, arrived on January 23rd.

Just had another delivery (23rd Jan) with the letter dated 3rd of December from HMRC in the UK. I've no idea why if it took a month or if its only just been sent there is no date on the envelope but there is some franking indicating it was either routed via the Netherlands or originated there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Just had another delivery (23rd Jan) with the letter dated 3rd of December from HMRC in the UK. I've no idea why if it took a month or if its only just been sent there is no date on the envelope but there is some franking indicating it was either routed via the Netherlands or originated there?

Mis-routed more than likely, I had purchased an item from a UK seller and was Thailand by mistake. Had “Mis route via Thailand” stamped on the envelope

HMRC I think is H.M Revenue Collection, if it's under paid they delay forwarding it, for whatever length of time they want.

HMRC I think is H.M Revenue Collection, if it's under paid they delay forwarding it, for whatever length of time they want.

That makes perfect sense for other HMRC stuff that has taken ages to arrive but also possible this one took a trip to the Netherlands.

The envelope is the standard one that HMRC with this logo on it http://www.45spaces.com/postmarks/r.php?r=hmrc-c9-10043 which I guess is only for internal UK use.

But under international postal regs I don't think An Post get paid any extra whatever amount Royal Mail get paid but I can still see them sitting on it just because they can.

No, that's not what I thought it was, usually its just a hand stamp/frank on the letter stating it was under paid.
    I don't know what that is....prepaid envelope maybe?

No, that's not what I thought it was, usually its just a hand stamp/frank on the letter stating it was under paid.
    I don't know what that is....prepaid envelope maybe?

Its their standard prepaid envelope as far as I know. Its exactly the same one as they use to send out stuff to the UK so I can see it might be a problem using it sending stuff to Ireland.

• Advertisement

Ah, possibly so, and throw it into Holland to delay it, jus coz..;)

Advertisement