Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just got an email 'treat just for me' with a code for a Christmas theme. Is this the one with a hidden 10% code?

Yeah. Just run the source through a base64 decoder from below the header.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool thanks lads, will try that on that laptop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So just got this here and using gmail I can see the discount code normally but it isn't 10% it's 20% for me.

Something just for you

But wait – there’s more, Dreadaxe! How about a little something extra to help expand your collection this Christmas? To celebrate the season in style, enjoy a little something special just for you: save 20% on the items in your PS Store basket! Just use your personal code "code" at the checkout. Valid until 19/12/2019 23:59 GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

State of Play next Tuesday and it’s early this time, Live here at 2pm
    https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1202936041113604096

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Varik wrote: »
    Tekken 2 was one of the first games I played and one of the three I got first; Porsche challenge and Jurassic park too.

Demolition derby for me, what a game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Xcom on PS1.

But PS exclusive... either MGS on PS1 or GOW on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Not quite PS4, but found my old PSP the other day, went to switch on but battery needs replacing. Any idea where to get one ? I'm based in Dublin and it's version 3003. Only place found online is Amazon 3rd party sellers and reviews are fairly dodgy. TIA

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Not quite PS4, but found my old PSP the other day, went to switch on but battery needs replacing. Any idea where to get one ? I'm based in Dublin and it's version 3003. Only place found online is Amazon 3rd party sellers and reviews are fairly dodgy. TIA

Rage may have some. Battery burst on my 3000 series last year, haven't bothered replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

JimBurnley wrote: »

Replacebase have them, same Chinese copies as everywhere else. Quality is sketchy at best, buy a few and you'll get a good one... probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement eject button for the CUH 116A model Glacier White? This one seems to be connected to the actual case of the playstation while I e seen others that are internal..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will there be more sales before xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Will there be more sales before xmas?
    No idea, I'm kind of hoping that instead of the 12 days of Christmas promo they used to do at Christmas that they do weekend flash sales like the one last weekend

No idea, I'm kind of hoping that instead of the 12 days of Christmas promo they used to do at Christmas that they do weekend flash sales like the one last weekend

The 12 days would have started at the start of December it was 1 deal per 2 days so up to the 24th.

They've their ongoing sale and the flash sales at the weekends, they've not taken the past weekends down yet but the prices have gone back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

State of play currently on:

First up looks like Unanamed Goose game confirmed for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think finishing with a teaser for Ghost of Tsushima & then asking the viewer to tune into The Game Awards to see the trailer is such a pisstake way to end your own presentation. Other than showing RE3 I don't think anything was worth showcasing beyond a press release.
    Even the game by Platinum Games looked half assed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Meh

A teaser for a trailer is all fine and good but it's for a game we've actually see a decent bit of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hi,

I’d really appreciate some advice on forthnite on the PS4. We have never had it but kids have been asking for it so was going to get it for them but I’m not sure what to buy. Is there one or two games (chapter 2) and I can’t find anywhere we can get the original disk for the game. It actually shows up as “free” on the ps store, is it a free game with ads ons?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hi,

I’d really appreciate some advice on forthnite on the PS4. We have never had it but kids have been asking for it so was going to get it for them but I’m not sure what to buy. Is there one or two games (chapter 2) and I can’t find anywhere we can get the original disk for the game. It actually shows up as “free” on the ps store, is it a free game with ads ons?

It's free to play (just download it from the Playstation Network) but you can pay per season if you want extra bits.

Quick explainer:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Silly question probably, but as someone who doesn't have a PlayStation, I'm looking to purchase 12month memberships as Xmas gifts. I've seen mentions of top ups being region specific is it also the same for the memberships?

• Advertisement

markc1184 wrote: »
    Silly question probably, but as someone who doesn't have a PlayStation, I'm looking to purchase 12month memberships as Xmas gifts. I've seen mentions of top ups being region specific is it also the same for the memberships?

It is, you need to buy a membership for the country that the account was set up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I have a question about the PlayStation Plus. My son has a PS4, and Santa is bringing him FIFA 20 (he has FIFA 17 already). He seems pretty keen to play FIFA Ultimate Team on the PS4. Is it possible without a PlayStation Plus subscription? Apologies if this is unclear, as I really don't have a clue about any of this.

Thanks in advance.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hi,

Previous poster pretty much has you covered.

However, I will add one thing (and I really hope this doesn't come across as condescending). Make sure your payment options are protected. Meaning it needs a password input, or something like that. Don't want your kids spending a load of money on cosmetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that doesn't come across as condescending at all. there's loads of stories of kids or people who should have known better spending absurd amounts of money on cosmetics. it actually appears easy to do in error (we'll that's the defence) and it can be difficult to get your money back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

D9Male wrote: »
    I have a question about the PlayStation Plus. My son has a PS4, and Santa is bringing him FIFA 20 (he has FIFA 17 already). He seems pretty keen to play FIFA Ultimate Team on the PS4. Is it possible without a PlayStation Plus subscription? Apologies if this is unclear, as I really don't have a clue about any of this.

Thanks in advance.

He’ll be able to play Ultimate Team without Plus alright, he just won’t be able to access the online modes of it (play against friends/randomers).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Thanks Hoggie. He seems to be doing well without Plus so far. Will hold off so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mate has run into a strange situation. He has an OG PS4 (with the half shiny part!), still going strong. Seems a bit slow, but that could also be down to his psychotic way of organizing the XMB (folders do not exist in his world). Anyway, I just finished my physical copy of Control and gave it to him. Initially wouldn't read the disc, with just a sound over and over from the disc drive, then making the sound like it ejected but didn't, made the initial sound again for a minute or two and then stopped. Needed to remove the disc and reinsert and the same thing would happen again.

Threw in another disc, worked fine. Put the Control disc into his housemates PS4 (not OG, but standard edition) and worked fine. So this discounts the disc as being faulty, and also discounts the PS4 being faulty to a degree, but the issue is now that he gets the unrecognised disc error. Anyone any ideas? I was thinking maybe it's something about the OG lasers can't read modern discs, but none of us have another game that is as recent as Control.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mate has run into a strange situation. He has an OG PS4 (with the half shiny part!), still going strong. Seems a bit slow, but that could also be down to his psychotic way of organizing the XMB (folders do not exist in his world). Anyway, I just finished my physical copy of Control and gave it to him. Initially wouldn't read the disc, with just a sound over and over from the disc drive, then making the sound like it ejected but didn't, made the initial sound again for a minute or two and then stopped. Needed to remove the disc and reinsert and the same thing would happen again.

Threw in another disc, worked fine. Put the Control disc into his housemates PS4 (not OG, but standard edition) and worked fine. So this discounts the disc as being faulty, and also discounts the PS4 being faulty to a degree, but the issue is now that he gets the unrecognised disc error. Anyone any ideas? I was thinking maybe it's something about the OG lasers can't read modern discs, but none of us have another game that is as recent as Control.

Any other discs giving issues?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone remember deep down? the game that premiered with the announcement of the ps4......we probably won't see it now, its deep down their priority list I guess :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone remember deep down? the game that premiered with the announcement of the ps4......we probably won't see it now, its deep down their priority list I guess :pac:

Never heard of it or just completely forgot about it. Looking it up, capcom said last month they haven't completely given up on it.... Maybe they should just give up.

Advertisement