Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This years FIFA will likely be after the football season ends at the earliest. FIFA 19 was added in July.

Fifa 18 was added the day 19 came out

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/06/ps4-system-software-update-7-00-launches-this-week/

Firmware 7.00 out this week. Party chats increased from 8 to 16 participants. The remote play app will be available to download for all Android 5.0 devices and not locked to Sony Android devices anymore. To pair a DS4 by bluetooth, you will need Android 10.0. I assume that you'll still be able to connect your DS4 by USB with any other Android firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah balls, my One Plus 3 isn't scheduled to receive Android 10 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Zero-Cool wrote: »

No only the 5 series upwards is getting android 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Will it work with Nvidia shield ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'm sure XDA will have ROMS out for the OP3 as soon as the official builds are out for the newer devices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Facebook integration has been removed.
    Basically, you'll no longer be able to upload shares (videos, screenshots, links to gameplay broadcasts) or Trophy information to Facebook -- functionality that's been in place since the PS4 launched. Removal of Facebook integration also means that linking your PlayStation Network account to your Facebook account isn't possible, so details like profile pictures imported from Facebook, and various friends list features are gone.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Removal-of-Facebook-Integration-from-PS4?language=en_US

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Remote Play app now out for all Android 5.0+.

Going to give it a bash when I'm home and see how it runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Is there any way of getting your ps4 controller to work with it if you don't have Android 10? That requirement is so bloody ridiculous. The onscreen controller is awful for gaming. I think my wifi isn't good enough for it anyway. It kept dropping out for me when I was in another room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Tried the remote play again and it's unusable for me unless I'm in the same room as the PS4 but then I'd just use the PS4 itself wouldn't I.
    I wasn't missing out by not having this all these years.
    My WiFi isn't good enough.
    It needs a reliable constant fast WiFi connection.
    I don't have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It would have been a nice feature on the PS4 if you could have two external hard drives connected to the console at the same time and you could transfer games from one external drive to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 muzim

Don't think this is worthy of its own thread so I'll post it here.

Looking to buy a second controller, is there much of a difference from the official one and something like this - amazon.co.uk/Controller-Powcan-Bluetooth-Playstation-Vibration/dp/B07TGD4C3N/ (can't post the link, sorry)?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

muzim wrote: »
    Don't think this is worthy of its own thread so I'll post it here.

Looking to buy a second controller, is there much of a difference from the official one and something like this - amazon.co.uk/Controller-Powcan-Bluetooth-Playstation-Vibration/dp/B07TGD4C3N/ (can't post the link, sorry)?

Don't know anything about that controller but I bought a cheap controller before and it was useless.
    Ended up buying the proper controller.

Do the official controllers every go on sale around this time of year?

If anyone hears of controllers going on sale just give me a shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If anyone hears of controllers going on sale just give me a shout :)

They are 40euro in GameStop, Smyth's and Argos I think..

Anyone know if cex would take my ps sounding like a jet engine?.. I was going to get that PS4 pro offer but don't really want to be stuck with another ps so was going to trade into cex..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you can't get it from Argos today, try reserving it and picking it up when you can. I think they honour the price at reservation time.

Thanks guys, will reserve one now. Also, have an old controller but the covering on the analog sticks is in bits - would the below do the trick or is there something better out there?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IKA1ER4/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How do Control and the new Star Wars run on the standard PS4?
    Thinking of what games to stick on the Santa list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Thanks guys, will reserve one now. Also, have an old controller but the covering on the analog sticks is in bits - would the below do the trick or is there something better out there?

It's pretty easy to take the controller apart and fit new thumbsticks, you can even fit xbox1 ones which don't have that nasty rubber finish of the ds4 ones, either can be picked up cheap on eBay.

dudeeile wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to take the controller apart and fit new thumbsticks, you can even fit xbox1 ones which don't have that nasty rubber finish of the ds4 ones, either can be picked up cheap on eBay.

I'm useless when it comes to these things. Don't the thumbsticks come with the below set so I could just use them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm useless when it comes to these things. Don't the thumbsticks come with the below set so I could just use them?

No, thumbsticks don't come with that.

Sorry meant to say thumb grips - which is all I need, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Sorry meant to say thumb grips - which is all I need, no?

The grips should be sufficient yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Not really sure where to post this but I bought a PS4 today and it came with a code for some Fortnite stuff, it says Neo Versa Bundle on the box. I have no interest in Fortnite at all so if anyone here wants the code they can have it, first person to quote this post can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

dor83 wrote: »
    Not really sure where to post this but I bought a PS4 today and it came with a code for some Fortnite stuff, it says Neo Versa Bundle on the box. I have no interest in Fortnite at all so if anyone here wants the code they can have it, first person to quote this post can have it.

Me please if possible thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

beaten too it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Me please if possible thanks

Just sent you a PM with the code, enjoy.

Advertisement