Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

dor83 wrote: »
    Just sent you a PM with the code, enjoy.

Got it thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anniversary of PS1 is tomorrow.

Japanese release 3rd December 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Anniversary of PS1 is tomorrow.

Japanese release 3rd December 1994

What were yer first games/memories of the PS1 beside the dinosaur demo :)

I hate that i can't remember the first game i played on my PS1 but my earliest memory was playing Total NBA 96 and my mouth wide in open in absolute awe at how magnificent it looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

RE the intro movie was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. How low our standards used to be.
    When the zombie turned round greatest graphics ever. Although this didn't prepare me for Tomb Raider, it was like being in a movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Battle Arena Toshinden was the 1st game I got haha Cool Boarders and Destruction Derby about 2 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    What were yer first games/memories of the PS1 beside the dinosaur demo :)

Die Hard trilogy and loving Die Hard 1, sucking at Die Hard 2 and being bewildered by Die Hard 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry to go off the PS1 topic, but did others get a PS4 Christmas theme?
    Seems some also got a discount code. I didn't.

And I never got a PS1. Think I played it in someone's house but can't remember what I played

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I got the theme and a 20% off code. I was quite surprised to find it in my inbox given my prior experiences with Sony's email promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got a code for a theme!
    No discount code though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Got the theme and a 10% discount code, couple euro saved at least

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Destruction Derby and Actua Soccer are earliest PS1 memories. Remember thinking Actua Soccer was amazing, first effort at 3d rather than isometric footie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

My first PS One game was COOOOooooooool BOARDerrrrs. The second one I owned was FFVII but I'm sure I rented or borrowed some stuff in between.

Got a theme and 10% code too. Thanks for highlighting it, didn't even see the code in the text!

Saw ones saying those without a code may find it hidden in a text version of the mail. Haven't been able to check myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Saw ones saying those without a code may find it hidden in a text version of the mail. Haven't been able to check myself yet.

Checked mine and didn't get any discount code. Checked the text version, but it's mostly code I can't understand so no idea if it's hidden in there. Ctrl+F didn't find 'code' or 'discount'. bit disappointed tbh, I've given Sony more money this year than any other. Hopefully just an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

When was the mail sent? Don't think I received anything

JimBurnley wrote: »
    When was the mail sent? Don't think I received anything

18.10 I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Checked mine and didn't get any discount code. Checked the text version, but it's mostly code I can't understand so no idea if it's hidden in there. Ctrl+F didn't find 'code' or 'discount'. bit disappointed tbh, I've given Sony more money this year than any other. Hopefully just an error.

It needs to be fed through a base64 decoder.

Tekken 2 was one of the first games I played and one of the three I got first; Porsche challenge and Jurassic park too.

• Advertisement

It needs to be fed through a base64 decoder.

Just tried that, and nope, no idea what i'm doing! :D

On topic, Destruction Derby 2 was my first PS1 game. Came with it. Even though I have amazing memories of that, and the first 2 Tomb Raider games (I love you Venice level!), my biggest memory of getting a PS1 is watching the electricity go out area by area on the way home (it was Xmas eve I believe), but was still on when I got home. Unboxed, hooked it up and pressed the power button. Got the first 2 seconds of the 'BRWUUUMEMEMMMMEMMMEMMMEMEMEM' startup sound and POOF! Electricity gone. For a week...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just tried that, and nope, no idea what i'm doing! :D

On topic, Destruction Derby 2 was my first PS1 game. Came with it. Even though I have amazing memories of that, and the first 2 Tomb Raider games (I love you Venice level!), my biggest memory of getting a PS1 is watching the electricity go out area by area on the way home (it was Xmas eve I believe), but was still on when I got home. Unboxed, hooked it up and pressed the power button. Got the first 2 seconds of the 'BRWUUUMEMEMMMMEMMMEMMMEMEMEM' startup sound and POOF! Electricity gone. For a week...

Scroll through the source and copy everything below
    --mLFtaq3kIDVn=_?:
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    until you see that header again and paste into www.base64decode.com

For some reason there are 3 discount codes hidden in my email valid until the 19th.

What was the email subject, only thing I got today was a Rainbow six one.

No email for me and i just bought something earlier an all.

Scroll through the source and copy everything below

until you see that header again and paste into www.base64decode.com

For some reason there are 3 discount codes hidden in my email valid until the 19th.

Thanks for the instructions. That decoder didn't work for me but https://www.base64decode.org/
    did. Just had to change the charset to UTF-8.

2 codes and one saying "none" in mine.
    Though dunno if they'll work since the hidden message before says
    "To celebrate the season in style, enjoy a little something special just for you: save 0 on the items in your PS Store basket! "

Just tried mine again. Still ended up with gobbledygook with decode.com but managed to find 1 code so far, no idea what %. Tried the decode.org one, changed to UTF-8 and nothing.

Edit: Pasted into word and only 1 instance of 'Personal' in it.

"A festive gift just for you PotentialMonkey"

The line says
    "Just use your personal code <code> at the checkout. "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Got an email saying I got 10% code but they have 'None available' where the code should be. Tried opening the basic version of email and got 'None available' for all 3 codes. Baffling how something as simple as sending a discount code can be so difficult.

Just got an email 'treat just for me' with a code for a Christmas theme. Is this the one with a hidden 10% code?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just got an email 'treat just for me' with a code for a Christmas theme. Is this the one with a hidden 10% code?

Yeah mine had a passage of text under it for the 10% code.

Advertisement