Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So after turning on additional data collection, i still can't get the stats, thought they might still be able to collect it, was really interested in seeing mine an all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So after turning on additional data collection, i still can't get the stats, thought they might still be able to collect it, was really interested in seeing mine an all.

You only gave them permission today to start collecting data - will be ready for next year.

If they did supply data for last year, they'd be admitting to collecting data against your preferences.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You only gave them permission today to start collecting data - will be ready for next year.

If they did supply data for last year, they'd be admitting to collecting data against your preferences.

Ah i thought they could just do a quick scan now :) damn my lack of trust handing over data to large corporations.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ah i thought they could just do a quick scan now :) damn my lack of trust handing over data to large corporations.

They probably do have the info, but can't share it because you chose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know if you can change pre orders or do something with a pre order for Gamestop?

Have Avengers and Cyberpunk pre ordered but with both delayed I wouldnt mind changing the pre orders to something out now rather than waiting another 8 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone know if you can change pre orders or do something with a pre order for Gamestop?

Have Avengers and Cyberpunk pre ordered but with both delayed I wouldnt mind changing the pre orders to something out now rather than waiting another 8 months

I've definitely changed pre-orders there before. As long as you have the receipt or card it should be fine. I only changed a pre-order to another preorder tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The rewards to the 2019 wrap up thing are working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Played 84 games on PS4 in 2019

Top 3 most played:

1: Assassins Creed Odyssey - 93 Hours (just got the Plat the other day!)
    2: Call of Duty Modern Warfare (new) - 88 Hours (considering it only came out a few months ago, that's impressive for me!)
    3: Beat Saber - 64 Hours (my arms can attest to this)

Top Genre: FPS - 15 games, 154 trophies, 184 hours

Played on 289 of the 365 days last year
    - 1583 total hours (65.5 days)
    - 1521 hours locally
    - 69 hours in PSVR (only 5 hours outside of Beat Saber...)
    - 62 hours online (eh, how can MW be 88 hours then... I didn't play the campaign or Spec Ops missions, always online)
    - 10 hours - longest streak (disappointing)
    - Monday night is my prime time

Earned 617 new trophies: 2 Plat, 28 gold, 114 silver, 473 bronze

Saved €26 through PS+ offers/deals

My 2019 Title: MARKSMAN
    84 Games - 1583 Hours - 617 Trophies

Pretty neat feature, even if everything isn't adding up properly. I redeemed a 2019 Wrap Up Theme and Avatar, but when I went to redeem it had 8 items:

ACTION HERO Avatar
    MASTER EXPLORER Avatar
    SPORTS PHENOM Avatar
    SPEED DEMON Avatar
    MARKSMAN Avatar
    LEGENDARY WARRIOR Avatar
    MASTER STRATEGIST Avatar
    PlayStation 2019 Wrap-up Theme

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sidford

GameStop now taking pre orders for controller back button if anyone's interested. €30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Lads, anyone know where I would get a replacement dongle for the Sony Wireless Headset? The original one.

• Advertisement

Doesn't appear to be any official ones for sale as new, but plenty used ones (eBay), and I've also read you can pair the Gold headset to 3rd party dongles, but you get a small receiver you've to plug into the audio port on the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno what to do with my ps4s lol.

Ive a pro which is my main console and an older original model which i havent updated in long long time which i tested the homebrew exploit on.

Wonder how much the values will hold up closer to the end the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Feck, missed it...

Feck, missed it...

It expires in 2021.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My most played game of last year was trails of cold steel , 136 hours.

I got a two TB external drive yesterday , re-downloading all my games .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

duploelabs wrote: »

I could see myself playing just that for hours, very satisfying looking and sounding...

It expires in 2021.

Jesus i'm some dope... Sound!

Jesus i'm some dope... Sound!

Ha i thought the exact same, saw it and logged in straight away thinking it was up for one day only :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Sidford wrote: »
      GameStop now taking pre orders for controller back button if anyone's interested. €30

Anyone picked one up yet?
      Very tempted to try get one later as I will be passing by a gamestop.

1. Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Damien360

coolisin wrote: »

What’s its use ? I struggle enough with the buttons on it now without having to retrain my brain.

1. Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

coolisin wrote: »

Picked one up at lunch time. Will try it out later after work.

1. Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Damien360 wrote: »
          What’s its use ? I struggle enough with the buttons on it now without having to retrain my brain.

You can map 2 buttons to it, for example in FPS games you can set 1 to crouch/prone and 1 to reload.

Can be handy to go prone quickly when in a gun fight.

2. Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does it replace the existing button or is it just an alternate.
          Like if I assign crouch to it, would L3 still crouch?
          Basically will it stop those annoying times I accidentally press L3 or R3? Will it stop me trying to aim at someone's head only to then reload and mess it all up?

3. Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CastorTroy wrote: »
          Does it replace the existing button or is it just an alternate.
          Like if I assign crouch to it, would L3 still crouch?
          Basically will it stop those annoying times I accidentally press L3 or R3? Will it stop me trying to aim at someone's head only to then reload and mess it all up?

Alternative. You can map any button to the two paddles. 6ou lose the aux charge point on the bottom of the pad though if you use it.

4. Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was a day 1 with this, basically for CoD, and while it would be beneficial, I haven't taken the splash as I really don't think (at this stage) it would be of much benefit. Really should have had 4 buttons...

5. Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Doesnt seem to be in stock in Dublin anywhere...will probably have to order online.

6. Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
          Doesnt seem to be in stock in Dublin anywhere...will probably have to order online.

Seems to have been switched to online only by GameStop, €33.50 including shipping. It is £26 plus shipping from Game so would still be cheaper in GameStop.

7. Advertisement
        8. Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Seems to have been switched to online only by GameStop, €33.50 including shipping. It is £26 plus shipping from Game so would still be cheaper in GameStop.

Just ordered anyway. They were showing as in stock in a couple of other counties, but now that seems to be removed.

Advertisement