Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hi folks looking some info/recommendations.

Has any boxing game been released for this?

Also could you recommend a fps game? I liked Halo - call of duty type games and mainly play online?

For the latter and price, easily Titanfall 2. Short enough single player campaign, but it's rock solid and online is still very popular

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

duploelabs wrote: »
    For the latter and price, easily Titanfall 2. Short enough single player campaign, but it's rock solid and online is still very popular

Bought this off the play store last week, 6€ for ultimate edition. Just finished it over the weekend. Best shooter I've played in a while. Still looks great, little short but good fun. Haven't played online yet but might get an hour or two to check it out during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

Look at the PSplus games. I’m playing Elite Sniper 4 (ps plus freebie last month) and I love it. But the levels are massive if you sneak around. On the enemy base level last night and I went all Rambo instead of sneaking around. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So State of Play at 9pm tonight.
    Along with Last of Us 2 info (maybe with a subtitle?), any other guesses for content? I think the new rumoured Batman game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So State of Play at 9pm tonight.
    Along with Last of Us 2 info (maybe with a subtitle?), any other guesses for content? I think the new rumoured Batman game

Yeah I'd say the new batman game and if it does, then the state of play will be worth it alone. The said it will be 20 minutes long and no next gen news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd love some news on Ghost of Tsushima as it's been quiet since E3 last year I think. Even if it's just a summer 2020 release window

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'd love some news on Ghost of Tsushima as it's been quiet since E3 last year I think. Even if it's just a summer 2020 release window

From what I've heard it has either been switched to the PS5 or is now going to be a cross platform game.

Probably a trailer for Concrete Genie to remind people it's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We should hopefully get a release date for Nioh 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Would like to give new PES as a digital gift. Is this possible or do I just get a code to redeem at value of game?

• Advertisement

Would like to give new PES as a digital gift. Is this possible or do I just get a code to redeem at value of game?

Get codes to the value of the game, gifting isn't available on psn.

Press-start.com just got voucher codes back in, it will cost €43.99 for a €50 or €17.99 for a €20 voucher there.

Just used it to buy Destiny 2 Shadowkeep myself, you should get the codes very promptly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Also on twitch.tv/playstation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

L. A. Noire. A favourite of mine.

So no Batman then.

Feb 21st for TLOU2. Apparently it's a 2 disc game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So no Batman then.

Feb 21st for TLOU2. Apparently it's a 2 disc game

I'm imagining its the same as Red Dead 2? You've got a data disc and a play disc

Images of the TLOU editions

48789848481_5eb520ee80_k.jpg
    48789848596_300ac0c2f6_k.jpg
    48789487298_988eff0d58_k.jpg
    48789995102_5687152b19_k.jpg

Journalists are currently getting a 3 hour hands on, their articles about this are embargoed until 4pm on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

There's no sign of the Ellie edition in the EU blog post, but the collector's and special editions are up for pre-order on GameStop. I've ordered both for now since I'm not sure which version I want. The €55 price for the standard edition in Smyths is tempting me away from both, even though I'd always planned on indulging in the limited edition for Part II. I wish the steelbook editions of games would also include the regular box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Get codes to the value of the game, gifting isn't available on psn.

Press-start.com just got voucher codes back in, it will cost €43.99 for a €50 or €17.99 for a €20 voucher there.

Just used it to buy Destiny 2 Shadowkeep myself, you should get the codes very promptly.

Thanks a million for that

Anyone have good fixes for Pro fan noise? I had cleaned out mine with a hoover earlier this year, made a big difference but it's going crazy a lot lately to the point I can't hear what people are saying in cutscenes. The big games early next year aren't going to help this so was wondering if anyone had success with their method? It's just under 1 year old so maybe a call to Sony? I don't want to open it up as it's still under warranty.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone have good fixes for Pro fan noise? I had cleaned out mine with a hoover earlier this year, made a big difference but it's going crazy a lot lately to the point I can't hear what people are saying in cutscenes. The big games early next year aren't going to help this so was wondering if anyone had success with their method? It's just under 1 year old so maybe a call to Sony? I don't want to open it up as it's still under warranty.

Thanks.

I just use headphones to drown it out

I just use headphones to drown it out

Headphones not an ideal option for me at the moment. I started a Sony support ticket and it said 'loud fan noises are normal dur dur, €200 to get your playstation back'. Having worked in Sony Support before, I do not trust their repair centers.

I found this vid which seems a fairly unintrusive, will give it a go this weekend. He has another one where he goes further and replaces the thermal paste but this is a good first step. NBA 2K20 is making my fans go mental on the menus so I have an easy way to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Headphones not an ideal option for me at the moment. I started a Sony support ticket and it said 'loud fan noises are normal dur dur, €200 to get your playstation back'. Having worked in Sony Support before, I do not trust their repair centers.

I found this vid which seems a fairly unintrusive, will give it a go this weekend. He has another one where he goes further and replaces the thermal paste but this is a good first step. NBA 2K20 is making my fans go mental on the menus so I have an easy way to test it.

Thats a simple enough step to do, did it myself a while ago when mine overheated and needed to be cleaned. To get any deeper into it you need a torx screwdriver set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Developers who dont cap framerates in the menus should be shot,f***in 2019 and that **** is still happening:(

Well I tried this and there wasn't very much dust to begin with but after testing, it seems to have brought the noise levels down 1 notch. As in, silent, low, medium, high and jet engine. What it was before the clean is now a step down. No more jet engine but still loud. Not sure whether to go messing with the thermal paste or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does anyone know if the Death Stranding PS4 Pro console is coming to Europe. Based in Spain and can't see anything online - just US & Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

duploelabs wrote: »

So I'm looking for titanfall on the ps4 but all I'm seeing is bundles and addons, is it possible just to get the game? Also what's ea access? I want to be able to play online.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Death Stranding PS4 Pro console is coming to Europe. Based in Spain and can't see anything online - just US & Canada

No sign of GameStop getting it, Game have it in the UK and Amazon in Germany. Pricy though €500 plus the vat adjustment and shipping.

https://www.amazon.de/PlayStation-Pro-Death-Stranding-Limited/dp/B07YGH6DRD/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=death+stranding+ps4&qid=1569960412&sprefix=Death+stra&sr=8-6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How long do the fifa games usually take to go on ea access?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

phobia2011 wrote: »
    How long do the fifa games usually take to go on ea access?

This years FIFA will likely be after the football season ends at the earliest. FIFA 19 was added in July.

Advertisement