Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody might have an old ps4 controller that's physically intact but doesn't work that they might want to offload? My small fella has become obsessed with the controller I have, but I only have 1. I'd happily pay postage/etc. Not sure if this is best place, but thought it might be worth the punt..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fisher-Price make a controller shaped toy with buttons and sounds and stuff, only like €10.

Know someone who also got a dog chew toy that was controller shaped for their kid, think they hid that fact from their OH.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Fisher-Price make a controller shaped toy with buttons and sounds and stuff, only like €10.

Know someone who also got a dog chew toy that was controller shaped for their kid, think they hid that fact from their OH.

I got my toddler the fisher price controller. She liked playing it until she caught sight of my ds4, then it was ditched. Kids are no fools. Same as toy remotes, they know the proper ones you actually use and that's what they want.

Good idea to get a broken controller, maybe check ebay specifically for broken controllers to get one cheap, might be going that route myself someday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

That fisher price controller has a Konami code easter egg, if its the same one as I think it is.

I may have been right, new DS5 patent showing the additional buttons built into the controller. So the addon for the DS4 may have been forwards compatibility/usability with you existing controllers on PS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sidford

GameStop has the exclusive access to the PS4 back button at launch in the UK, is it likely to have it here as well? Havnt found an Irish site advertising it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Sidford wrote: »
    GameStop has the exclusive access to the PS4 back button at launch in the UK, is it likely to have it here as well? Havnt found an Irish site advertising it yet

Its GAME that has it in the UK, AFAIK. Id say Gamestop will have it here in Ireland alright.

Not till Feb here tho is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Its GAME that has it in the UK, AFAIK. Id say Gamestop will have it here in Ireland alright.

Not till Feb here tho is it?

14th of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    14th of February.

She's gonna love her gift this year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Definitely a purchase for me, especially if it's going to be somewhat like the DS5. Still annoyed it's only 2 extra buttons. Like, do I map them to crouch/reload, or switch weapons/jump, or a combination of those!!! Having 4 extra buttons would have made so much more sense.

Still buying it though, albeit with a disgruntled happy face.

• Advertisement

I play bumper jumper in destiny which has lead to some raid fails when I'd to ask which button to press to do whatever raid thing you'd to do and whatever it was wasn't the norm for me.

So while I'm glad they're adding more buttons that suit this, i wish they're weren't just a remap and you could do some simple macros.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Frantics is down to €9.99 at the moment and it has good reviews, but you use your phone instead of the controller and you have to download an app. Anyone else played it and can recommend?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anyone know if there’s a FFVII branded Pro console coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What’s the alternative to press start?
    Looking for €20 network card

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

phobia2011 wrote: »

There isn't one. Only place that sells them below face value is Press Start/Instant Gaming(same company).

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

phobia2011 wrote: »

Eneba also sell Irish PSN credit below face value. There's a fee for payment (lower fee if paying by CC/DC than paypal) but it still works out cheaper than face value and both cards are currently in stock. There's a discount code that works at the moment - AKS.

https://www.eneba.com/search?text=playstation%20network%20ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You get get your gaming stats for last year along with free theme and avatars where applicable

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/01/14/look-back-at-your-gaming-year-on-ps4-with-the-playstation-2019-wrap-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You get get your gaming stats for last year along with free theme and avatars where applicable

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/01/14/look-back-at-your-gaming-year-on-ps4-with-the-playstation-2019-wrap-up/

*Users need to have a registered PSN account in their region, be age 18 years or over, have played games on a PS4 console for at least 10 hours between January 1, 2019 and December 10, 2019, and have allowed us to collect “additional data.” Users can check their settings on PS4 at [Settings] > [Device Data/Health & Safety] > [Device Data].

** Users need to have opted in to receive marketing emails via the Notifications Settings on their PSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My top game’s were Red Dead, Fifa & Days Gone. For some reason when I click redeem nothing comes up on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    My top game’s were Red Dead, Fifa & Days Gone. For some reason when I click redeem nothing comes up on the screen.

Yeah I was getting an error too asking me to sign in even though I already was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Balls, I'm getting message "Not available in all locations, be over 18, etc. etc." I must not have data options enabled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Same thing here, oh well.

can see it but the reward bit not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Not missing much, about half of it is ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

My top three were:

Borderlands 3, Days Gone and Dragon Quest XI

Clicking the reward wouldn't do a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Yeah the rewards aren't working for me either. My most played game is Dead By Daylight, but apparently only half of it was online :confused:. I guess that's a lot of time waiting in the lobby!

1:Destiny 2
    2:War Thunder
    3:Red Dead Redemption 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Rewards not working for me either... interesting (and slightly creepy reading, big brother is watching etc.) 100+ hours on AC Odyssey and Days Gone, 50+ Spiderman. Apparently I play most Tues evenings, who knew?

My most played time was monday, surprised by that as I'm usually too tired on a monday.

Might be Destiny related as I might be trying to get the weekies done before Tuesday reset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems I've the options turned on on PS3 but not PS4. only game that showed up was Alice Madness Returns

Advertisement