Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mate has run into a strange situation. He has an OG PS4 (with the half shiny part!), still going strong. Seems a bit slow, but that could also be down to his psychotic way of organizing the XMB (folders do not exist in his world). Anyway, I just finished my physical copy of Control and gave it to him. Initially wouldn't read the disc, with just a sound over and over from the disc drive, then making the sound like it ejected but didn't, made the initial sound again for a minute or two and then stopped. Needed to remove the disc and reinsert and the same thing would happen again.

Threw in another disc, worked fine. Put the Control disc into his housemates PS4 (not OG, but standard edition) and worked fine. So this discounts the disc as being faulty, and also discounts the PS4 being faulty to a degree, but the issue is now that he gets the unrecognised disc error. Anyone any ideas? I was thinking maybe it's something about the OG lasers can't read modern discs, but none of us have another game that is as recent as Control.

I’m afraid it’s end game for that older PS4. Mine did exactly the same and then it started spitting out discs mid game. Ended up being able to play downloaded content only. I bought a pro to replace it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

RedXIV wrote: »
    Any other discs giving issues?

Nah, but we only had a few to try and mostly older discs.
    Damien360 wrote: »
    I’m afraid it’s end game for that older PS4. Mine did exactly the same and then it started spitting out discs mid game. Ended up being able to play downloaded content only. I bought a pro to replace it in the end.

I was thinking as much. He mainly uses it for download only anyway. Guess he won't be playing Control! And yeah, I've left subtle hints with his missus to upgrade him for Xmas. Don't know if she picked up on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone remember deep down? the game that premiered with the announcement of the ps4......we probably won't see it now, its deep down their priority list I guess :pac:

Game got mentioned on a podcast a week or 2 ago and apparently the closed press playtest were very bad when they showed it years back.

Sounded alright a procedural generated dungeon crawler.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone having problems with viewing the web store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I downloaded the Bioshock collection from the store but only 1&2 are showing up, it says Infinite is included in the description, an I missing something here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I downloaded the Bioshock collection from the store but only 1&2 are showing up, it says Infinite is included in the description, an I missing something here?

Infinite is a separate download, go into the purchased games in your library and it should be there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    Game got mentioned on a podcast a week or 2 ago and apparently the closed press playtest were very bad when they showed it years back.

Sounded alright a procedural generated dungeon crawler.

Abandoned so Is it?

Abandoned so Is it?

Wasnt any new information, they were just talking about general stuff with the company.

Could see it coming back at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Expected it to be some licensed 3rd party but it's Sony. Odd that they're releasing it at this late.

Maybe it's some odd forward compatibility for DS4 to PS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    Expected it to be some licensed 3rd party but it's Sony. Odd that they're releasing it at this late.

Maybe it's some odd forward compatibility for DS4 to PS5.

I'd say it will be forward compatible considering all Xbox One accessories work with the new Xbox.

If it could be used as a discrete input or multiple input/macro rather than just a remap I'd consider it, but just looks to be remapping.
    I'd say it will be forward compatible considering all Xbox One accessories work with the new Xbox.

Meant that the DS5 may have the 2 additional back buttons, so this has the added benefit of allowing DS4 to be usable on PS5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Damien360

Surely that will eat battery life. The current one for my pro is worse than its older brother from the original PS4. Adding 2 more buttons with a Oled screen is going to need a lot more charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm gonna buy it, it's way cheaper than the alternative "Pro" controllers. But why only 2 buttons? Seems like a missed opportunity tbh. And yes, I reckon I'd get about an hour on battery with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Damien360 wrote: »
    Surely that will eat battery life. The current one for my pro is worse than its older brother from the original PS4. Adding 2 more buttons with a Oled screen is going to need a lot more charging.

Hopefully it has a battery store itself.
    My one wish for this is that it would have a USB C charge port that would make the "old" charge port obsolete. I'm sick of needing the old USB cables.

7AZZowj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hopefully it has a battery store itself.
    My one wish for this is that it would have a USB C charge port that would make the "old" charge port obsolete. I'm sick of needing the old USB cables.

7AZZowj.jpg

If you get the official charging stand it charges via the aux port on the bottom where these back buttons attach.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4399023/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+CHARGER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Lads, have an original PS4 (half shiny part) that has been perfect until now. Its started to randomly shut off completely mid game, fan isint extremely loud or anything. Opened it up and all fans are clear of any heavy dust etc.

Power button completely unresponsive until I reseat the power cord, and then its a ticking time bomb until it shuts off again.

I know its extremely vague, but has anyone an on here experienced similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is the PSN store down for purchases?

I've being trying all day to process card payments and the site is now saying too many connection attempts please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Lads, have an original PS4 (half shiny part) that has been perfect until now. Its started to randomly shut off completely mid game, fan isint extremely loud or anything. Opened it up and all fans are clear of any heavy dust etc.

Power button completely unresponsive until I reseat the power cord, and then its a ticking time bomb until it shuts off again.

reformat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

I'd try booting into safe mode rebuilding the database and see how it is. In my experience, that can fix a lot of issues. It doesn't wipe all data or anything either. Guide to doing it below:

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-make-your-playstation-4-faster-database-rebuild

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Cheers lads, will give that a go. Its happening more frequent now, and its in my head that its some sort of power issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

January sale begins tomorrow.

They didn't do the 12 days of Christmas sales this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

They didn't do the 12 days of Christmas sales this year.

The did weekend Flash Sales this year instead. I don't think there was a 12 days of Christmas last year. Mad that the January Sale starts tomorrow when the current sale doesn't end until Christmas Eve.

Can't log into PSN, anyone else? I keep getting connection to server timed out.
    I can't log in on my PC, phone or console.

Just checked via the mobile app and had no issue connecting to store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm online now and my brother just went online too.

January sale begins tomorrow.

January sale now live on Irish PSN
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show&display=table
    Also if you have a US PSN account their Holiday Sale starts at around 5pm where there probably will be better deals
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/12/19/save-big-this-season-with-playstation-stores-holiday-sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I picked up the Berry Blue controller. It's very very nice.

• Advertisement

Advertisement