Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is there any way to use an old save from a game and use it on a new ps4?

I recently bought a new ps4 after my old one gave up on me. I was in the middle of the Witcher 3 when it bust and I had invested about 60 hours into it. I want to go back and finish it but it'd put me off if I had to start again. Any way of getting the save onto my new ps4??

If you still have the old PS4 you may be able to retrieve the save and move it to the new one via usb. If you had ps+ when playing previously you should be able to retrieve your save from your cloud storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone having issues with downloading updates in rest mode. Tried to do it twice the last week and neither time did it stay downloading. Just restarted when I turned it on.
    Didnt change any settings & I used to use it often.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ERG89 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with downloading updates in rest mode. Tried to do it twice the last week and neither time did it stay downloading. Just restarted when I turned it on.

Is it your primary PS4 for that account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ERG89 wrote: »

I've had this issue for MONTHS. Tried resetting licences as advised by PS Help on Twitter. Even tried switching it off and on again. Nothing. It's a right pain in the hoop, especially when some titles release updates on the same day, which are quite large updates, then having to prioritise which one gets downloaded first. All compounded by the feckless way PS handles downloading and installing updates.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Is it your primary PS4 for that account.

My Rest downloading had stopped working as well. Just did the above and working again, thanks man.

Got email with for new firmware.

Includes the larger party chat that was in beta by itself last month. Same deal as last time you're limited to new parties if you install it.

Got email with for new firmware.

Includes the larger party chat that was in beta by itself last month. Same deal as last time you're limited to new parties if you install it.

Got that as well, future updates won't need reboots, that's nice. No interest in the larger party. #NoFriends

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »

That's nothing more than a placeholder price. There's been zero indication of a release period, let alone a price point. Seen these prices before with current gen systems and some highly anticipated games.

• Advertisement

Have been purging any site that posts these nonsense rumours from feeds when they pop up.

gimli2112 wrote: »

But does it have Ridge Racer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads,
    quick question, Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition is down to 14 euros in the sale, I have a disc copy of the standard edition that I've only played a few hours on, that I can get €14 for in CEX. I was going to offload the disc while it still has value and maybe just swap it for something else.

does anyone know if my save will transfer over? I'd rather not start again.

Lads,
    quick question, Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition is down to 14 euros in the sale, I have a disc copy of the standard edition that I've only played a few hours on, that I can get €14 for in CEX. I was going to offload the disc while it still has value and maybe just swap it for something else.

does anyone know if my save will transfer over? I'd rather not start again.

Your save will transfer over, but you will need to uninstall the disc version and install the download version to resume your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Anyone know if there's a way to retrieve the video clip of a game crash that gets sent when you report a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a way to retrieve the video clip of a game crash that gets sent when you report a problem?

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/errorhistory.html

Not sure if it contains the clip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Good news for PlayStation owners.

Insomniac Games joins PlayStation studios. Whilst they've obviously worked very closely in the past, this gives them access to bigger resources and is great news.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1163526820265750529?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So seeing rumours of a new Nintendo Direct got me wondering when we'll get a new State of Play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So seeing rumours of a new Nintendo Direct got me wondering when we'll get a new State of Play

Fwiw Gamestop had a conference this week & they were shown a new demo of The Last of Us 2. Probably going to show that soon followed by the comedown for some of an early 2020 release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tokyo Game Show is in a couple weeks, I think so they may have something there, or do they have their own show around then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I think I’m going to buy a PS4.... not a big gamer so I assume 500 gb is ok ? Anyone know what the best deal out there is ? Is there a price drop n the horizon ? D.I.D are selling a ps4 500gb with red dead for €290... seems like a good deal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think I’m going to buy a PS4.... not a big gamer so I assume 500 gb is ok ? Anyone know what the best deal out there is ? Is there a price drop n the horizon ? D.I.D are selling a ps4 500gb with red dead for €290... seems like a good deal ?

It's not really considering rdr2 is nearly 100gb, but for 70 quid or so and 20 minutes of your time upgrading is very simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

You can always buy an external hard drive for extra game storage if you end up needing for space.

I had a 1tb hard drive connected to my 500gb PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    You can always buy an external hard drive for extra game storage if you end up needing for space.

I had a 1tb hard drive connected to my 500gb PS4.

It’s just as simple as plugging in any hard drive into the console ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It’s just as simple as plugging in any hard drive into the console ?

Yes, via USB.

EDIT: You will need to format it once connected.
    USB 3.0 and up to 8TB.

If anyone is looking for cheap external HDD, then WD sell refurbished products on their site. Can't remember what they call it but they also sell "not new but unused" products but the refurbished/re certified are vastly cheap.

They changed site layout so no idea where anything is now, found re certified section/filter earlier today but now can't. Only thing to note is that for the good stuff you need to sign up for a notification for stuff as it's in and out of stock so quick and stock vastly differs by region as it's repaired and ready to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If anyone is looking for cheap external HDD, then WD sell refurbished products on their site. Can't remember what they call it but they also sell "not new but unused" products but the refurbished/re certified are vastly cheap.

They changed site layout so no idea where anything is now, found re certified section/filter earlier today but now can't. Only thing to note is that for the good stuff you need to sign up for a notification for stuff as it's in and out of stock so quick and stock vastly differs by region as it's repaired and ready to sell.

Excuse my brain dead ness but what is WD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Excuse my brain dead ness but what is WD ?

Western Digital.

New State of Play next week, same day as The Last of Us 2 Media event. It's happening lads!

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1174699919132807169?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi folks looking some info/recommendations.

Has any boxing game been released for this?

Also could you recommend a fps game? I liked Halo - call of duty type games and mainly play online?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement