Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see this UFO last Friday

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Saw on twitter earlier sum1 saying New Zealand launched a rocket with a satellite onboard and it travelled up this way. Could explain it?

Since when has New Zealand had a space rocket/satellite launching site?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭josip

Since when have New Zealand had a space rocket/satellite launching site?

Last few years, it's battery powered. Not the Duracell type.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-space-rocketlab-launch/new-zealand-launches-into-space-race-with-3d-printed-rocket-idUSKBN18L0I3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The fact that we are even living and breathing proves that absolutely anything is possible. If 3 or 4 trained pilots who fly most days, and have done for years didn't recognise it as a meteor shower or debris and couldn't explain it then I'll tend to believe them over a few smart arses on a web board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

_Brian wrote: »
    Here’s the thing.
    I’ll put my hands up and say I nor I guess anyone else can’t prove it was an alien spacecraft.

I’ll opem the floor for you or anyone to prove 100% it wasn’t ??

Come on now !!
    Prooving a negative ? this is like saying proove God doesn't exist - you can't therefore he does !

Can you proove that ʻOumuamua object doesn't contain a bunch of _____ insert anything in here ???

Elvis Presley fans from the future ?

Scientologists !! so its all really true !!

:eek:

josip wrote: »

I didn`t know that this existed. If NZ can have a spaceport then maybe Ireland can too. There are a few suitable locations I can think of.;):rolleyes: Anyway the latest launch was on Sunday, not Friday so unless the Kiwis have also developed time travel then it had nothing to do with what was observed by the aircraft crews.

BTW while on the subject of the NZ spaceport I just spotted something interesting. Take a look at this photo of Sunday`s launch. What is that object in the sky to the left of the rocket?:eek:
    rocket-lab-bloomberg1111.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

kneemos wrote: »
    Didn't see any reports of stopping or reversing.

did you listen to the audio?

BTW while on the subject of the NZ spaceport I just spotted something interesting. Take a look at this photo of Sunday`s launch. What is that object in the sky to the left of the rocket?:eek:

Probably a drone used by the launch company to record footage of the launch.

If all goes well, footage gets sent to the Marketing Department.
    If less than well, footage gets sent to Engineering/Troubleshooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

No. We don't live in New Zealand.

Rockets don't enter space by shooting straight 'up' from their launch sights. When they escape the atmosphere they are travelling on a far flatter plane. Quite plausible and entirely possible that a rocket launched from NZ is no longer still over NZ when it reaches escape velocity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

I didn`t know that this existed. If NZ can have a spaceport then maybe Ireland can too. There are a few suitable locations I can think of.;):rolleyes: Anyway the latest launch was on Sunday, not Friday so unless the Kiwis have also developed time travel then it had nothing to do with what was observed by the aircraft crews.

That's a bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ThunderCat wrote: »
    Rockets don't enter space by shooting straight 'up' from their launch sights. When they escape the atmosphere they are travelling on a far flatter plane. Quite plausible and entirely possible that a rocket launched from NZ is no longer still over NZ when it reaches escape velocity.

Correct but its also not over the south west coast of ireland either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

What is that object in the sky to the left of the rocket?:eek:

here's a closer shot

316?cb=20121110170247

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The amount of Irish people pushing for aliens on this concerns me. I'm concerned about my own failure to devise a money-making scheme to capitalise on their naïvety.

bangkok wrote: »
    Correct but its also not over the south west coast of ireland either

Yes and also not on Friday.

topper75 wrote: »
    The amount of Irish people pushing for aliens on this concerns me. I'm concerned about my own failure to devise a money-making scheme to capitalise on their naïvety.

So you think 3 pilots reported on something strange just for the craic?

So you think 3 pilots reported on something strange just for the craic?

Which pilot claims it was aliens?

ThunderCat wrote: »
    "The BA pilot, flying from Montreal to Heathrow, describes how the UFO came up along the left-hand side of the aircraft, “then rapidly veered to the north”

The 787's service ceiling is 13,100m
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner

New Zealand is roughly on the other side of the world.
    (I can include a link if you need it)

Do you really believe that it's plausible for a rocket to do 6 laps of the earth before it makes it to even LEO?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Most likely they say a Russian or US fighter jet,
    IF anyone remembers last year there was two Russian fighters seen over the coast here keeping a close eye in the UK

I know a pilot and he say's plenty of the older guys have see nod things in the sky but don't report it as they don't want to be seen as going a bit crazy, No body wants a crazy pilot

Aliens claim is what governments with new technology want the general public to think , Its funny as humans we go for the outrageous answer instead of the obvious that its a man made craft that someone doesn't want you to know about,

The 787's service ceiling is 13,100m
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner

New Zealand is roughly on the other side of the world.
    (I can include a link if you need it)

Do you really believe that it's plausible for a rocket to do 6 laps of the earth before it makes it to even LEO?

This is all irrelevant anyway as the NZ rocket launch took place on Sunday morning GMT not Friday morning. Whatever was seen by the aircraft crews was definitely not any NZ rocket.

This is all irrelevant anyway as the NZ rocket launch took place on Sunday morning GMT not Friday morning. Whatever was seen by the aircfaft crews was definitely not any NZ rocket.

If it's capable of getting to LEO after 6 atmospheric laps of the earth, then it's 'quite plausible and entirely possible' that it's capable of time travel.
    And driven by Elvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Northern lights

Have you ever seen the northern lights, do you even know what they look like? How could anyone mistake a small bright moving light/object for the northern lights.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Similarly, less than a decade ago, in the horizon east towards Croghan Hill/Kildare border direction, I saw a starlike light travel at a fixed speed in a dead straight trajectory from right to left across the horizon. Then at the end of that run, shoot up vertical having g changed direction at a right angle. I was perplexed, then dumbfounded afterwards as I thought about it.
    I am a night sky observer and what I saw was highly unusual. Upon research, that trajectory matched other sightings.
    Imagine people second-guessing pilots, Gardai, army personnel, etc etc. Is there no end to the hubris of science worshippers?
    Quality observations gleaned from quality observers should be treated with sceptical respect.

According to some of the idiots on this thread what you saw could have been the Northern Lights or a meteor or maybe even a planet. :rolleyes:

Most likely they say a Russian or US fighter jet,
    IF anyone remembers last year there was two Russian fighters seen over the coast here keeping a close eye in the UK

I know a pilot and he say's plenty of the older guys have see nod things in the sky but don't report it as they don't want to be seen as going a bit crazy, No body wants a crazy pilot

Aliens claim is what governments with new technology want the general public to think , Its funny as humans we go for the outrageous answer instead of the obvious that its a man made craft that someone doesn't want you to know about,

True there is history with this in Roswell. I don't the initial thing was that clever. They botched the attempted cover up (balloon to catch evidence of Soviet nuke testing on the ionisphere) and only when they saw the initial paranoia did they realise how 'healthy' that would be to avoid attention coming on to what they were really at. What was initially accidental became deliberate. Crazies nattering about aliens is just the ticket to keep noses out of your classified work. Hollywood didn't shirk its role.

Which pilot claims it was aliens?

I didnt say that and neither did the pilots but meteors dont speed up and change direction...

True there is history with this in Roswell. I don't the initial thing was that clever. They botched the attempted cover up (balloon to catch evidence of Soviet nuke testing on the ionisphere) and only when they saw the initial paranoia did they realise how 'healthy' that would be to avoid attention coming on to what they were really at. What was initially accidental became deliberate. Crazies nattering about aliens is just the ticket to keep noses out of your classified work. Hollywood didn't shirk its role.

Would you call people in top level jobs "crazies" or astronuts who have also claimed to have seen ufos in space?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

Here you go folks, I give you the Lockheed Martin SR-72, aka Son of Blackbird

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_SR-72

http://uk.businessinsider.com/sr-72-lockheed-martin-hinted-may-already-exist-2018-1?r=US&IR=T
    Last year, reports emerged that Lockheed might test an "optionally piloted" flight research vehicle in 2018, and an actual test flight in 2020.

Reporters at Aviation Week also reportedly caught a glimpse last year of a "demonstrator vehicle" that may have been linked to the SR-72.

wexie wrote: »

I suppose this is plausible although why they would choose to test fly this aircraft right in the middle of a busy transatlantic air corridor with a high risk of collisions occurring rather than in, for example, the restricted airspace over Area 51 is beyond me.

I suppose this is plausible although why they would choose to test fly this proposed aircraft right in the middle of a busy transatlantic air corridor rather than in some more isolated airspace is beyond me.

that, I don't know, although if I had to guess if you're going mach 5+ (which this thing supposedly is capable of) you'd be out of isolated airspace quick enough.

People seem to forget that the SR-71 first flew in 1964!!!! and that was capable of Mach 3 and beyond.

Who knows what's out there these days. Could be aliens, or just 'alien' to us mere mortals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Would you call people in top level jobs "crazies" or astronuts who have also claimed to have seen ufos in space?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

UFO does not mean Aliens is simply mean's unidentified flying object ,
    Again governments have history of hiding there own advancements from the public,

Have you ever seen the story of where eating carrots is good for eyesight came from ? If not strangely enough it came from government trying to hide technology ,

The royal air force had Radar (no one else did) and when asked how the polit's where so good in the dark, on spot one of the general's to hide the radar said they eat lots of carrots and could see better in the dark,

Maybe this was shared already. Someone seemingly caught it on camera....

https://youtu.be/w228jJJI1UE

Edited to add: prepare to be underwhelmed!!!

• Advertisement

Maybe this was shared already. Someone seemingly caught it on camera....

https://youtu.be/w228jJJI1UE

Edited to add: prepare to be underwhelmed!!!

Fairly obvious that the "UFO" in this clip is a high altitude airplane. It has nothing to do with what was seen on Friday morning.

Advertisement