Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see this UFO last Friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fairly obvious that the "UFO" in this clip is a high altitude airplane. It has nothing to do with what was seen on Friday morning.

Have those, what look like chinese lanterns, filmed on Saturday afternoon on Cork anything to do with it I wonder?

Dude that filmed it was on Dermot and Dave this a.m. the video is on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have those, what look like chinese lanterns, filmed on Saturday afternoon on Cork anything to do with it I wonder?

Dude that filmed it was on Dermot and Dave this a.m. the video is on their website

chinese lanterns wouldnt be travelling at mach 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

bangkok wrote: »
    I didnt say that and neither did the pilots but meteors dont speed up and change direction...

But we can be absolute that meteors don't change direction.

And never sure then that aliens don't exist "how can we know".

hmmm

Admit it you just like the excitement of the aliens idea. That is why you and other proponents of the aliens idea ignore Occam's razor.

topper75 wrote: »
    But we can be absolute that meteors don't change direction.

And never sure then that aliens don't exist "how can we know".

hmmm

Admit it you just like the excitement of the aliens idea. That is why you and other proponents of the aliens idea ignore Occam's razor.

If that video was taken on saturday morning time it could have been the international space station passing by

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Recall that was not an instrument measurement. That was a pilot reporting a visual observation of the trajectory of an unexpected light along the sky.

I'm not saying lantern/new plane/meteor - but I will say all these things before the childish alien spacecraft nonsense. There is no call to jump to the fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

If that video was taken on saturday morning time it could have been the international space station passing by

The OP of that clip states in one of his comments that he recorded the footage at around 4.30 last Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have you ever seen the northern lights, do you even know what they look like? How could anyone mistake a small bright moving light/object for the northern lights.... :rolleyes:

It was a joke .....

Smoked hams um smoked hams.......

It was Clark on his sled lubed up big time.....

It was a joke .....

Smoked hams um smoked hams.......
    It was Clark on his sled lubed up big time.....

You`re not goatboy by any chance?

Recall that was not an instrument measurement. That was a pilot reporting a visual observation of the trajectory of an unexpected light along the sky.

I'm not saying lantern/new plane/meteor - but I will say all these things before the childish alien spacecraft nonsense. There is no call to jump to the fantastic.

"Childish alien spacecraft nonsense"??

There are loads of cases that involved both visual and radar sightings that havent been explained...

A very famous case.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

My calculations predict that it's a 3D printed time travelling flying saucer from New Zealand driven by the 1992 All Blacks. Backs to the wall and brace yourself for an epidemic of MONSTER ANAL PROBES!!

On a serious note, I do thinks it is either a meteor of some sort, space junk re-entering or, since as it apparently didn't show up on any radar, a stealth military plane of russian or american origin.
    Would you call people in top level jobs "crazies" or astronuts who have also claimed to have seen ufos in space?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

That Rendlesham incident has so many things that go against it that it doesn't really have any credibility left. - The landing beacons and the brightest lighthouse in the UK were nearby and known to have strange visual effects in foggy weather. There were no independent witnesses. The witnesses all knew eachother so could have colluded.
    And a craft with legs and coloured flashing lights? Seriously? Could they have had any less imagination for what a ET craft might look like?

I suppose this is plausible although why they would choose to test fly this aircraft right in the middle of a busy transatlantic air corridor with a high risk of collisions occurring rather than in, for example, the restricted airspace over Area 51 is beyond me.

An experimental hypersonic craft is plausible of course. Due to altitude it might not show up on civilian radar which is geared for relatively low altitudes where commercial, private and regular military flights operate. It may well have showed up on military radar systems but they are hardly gonna say it did, are they?

The SR 72 project could be possible but I would say it is unlikely. A few thoughts on that one:
    - it is only in it's very early development stages so they would be unlikely to test it too the far side of the atlantic at this stage.
    - It is a LM internal project and is not funded by the military, so the military are unlikely to grant LM to test or operate it in the Nevada T&TR, ie Area 51.
    - Wherever they might test it, they are not going to make unannounced intrusions into EU airspace. That would be madness! Imagine the ****storm for LM if it collided and crashed. It would be a disaster for the company.

Has anyone come forward to say they were probed, probed big time......

No of course not this isn't America.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ok, wanna-be wise guy, did you look at the video I referred to? obviously not:rolleyes:

Santa clause on his test run.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

josip wrote: »
    The 787's service ceiling is 13,100m
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner

New Zealand is roughly on the other side of the world.
    (I can include a link if you need it)

Do you really believe that it's plausible for a rocket to do 6 laps of the earth before it makes it to even LEO?

No I don't. I was pointing out it doesn't leave the atmosphere by flying 'straight up'. I never said that's what the pilots saw. It wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

The amount of Irish people pushing for aliens on this concerns me. I'm concerned about my own failure to devise a money-making scheme to capitalise on their naïvety.

Why is it impossibility do you think we are alone and we are the only intelligent beings? We live in space in a sphere no less.

Give another thousand years we be landing on different planets.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ok, wanna-be wise guy, did you look at the video I referred to? obviously not:rolleyes:

Sorry got wires crossed there, thought you were talking about what the pilots seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Why is it impossibility do you think we are alone and we are the only intelligent beings? We live in space in a sphere no less.

Give another thousand years we be landing on different planets.

It's not, but just because there is a possibility of life existing somewhere else doesn't mean they are constantly visiting us without saying hello or that we should listen to "experts" in a field where absolutely no hard evidence exists.

Ipso wrote: »
    It's not, but just because there is a possibility of life existing somewhere else doesn't mean they are constantly visiting us without saying hello or that we should listen to "experts" in a field where absolutely no hard evidence exists.

Do they have to land and tell us who they are? If they are not human why are you expecting communication? We barely get on with other humans never mind aliens. They might have reasons to not reveal themselves openly. We be looking to steal their technology or get hold of it and eventually we might use it against them.

My calculations predict that it's a 3D printed time travelling flying saucer from New Zealand driven by the 1992 All Blacks. Backs to the wall and brace yourself for an epidemic of MONSTER ANAL PROBES!!

On a serious note, I do thinks it is either a meteor of some sort, space junk re-entering or, since as it apparently didn't show up on any radar, a stealth military plane of russian or american origin.

That Rendlesham incident has so many things that go against it that it doesn't really have any credibility left. - The landing beacons and the brightest lighthouse in the UK were nearby and known to have strange visual effects in foggy weather. There were no independent witnesses. The witnesses all knew eachother so could have colluded.
    And a craft with legs and coloured flashing lights? Seriously? Could they have had any less imagination for what a ET craft might look like?

An experimental hypersonic craft is plausible of course. Due to altitude it might not show up on civilian radar which is geared for relatively low altitudes where commercial, private and regular military flights operate. It may well have showed up on military radar systems but they are hardly gonna say it did, are they?

The SR 72 project could be possible but I would say it is unlikely. A few thoughts on that one:
    - it is only in it's very early development stages so they would be unlikely to test it too the far side of the atlantic at this stage.
    - It is a LM internal project and is not funded by the military, so the military are unlikely to grant LM to test or operate it in the Nevada T&TR, ie Area 51.
    - Wherever they might test it, they are not going to make unannounced intrusions into EU airspace. That would be madness! Imagine the ****storm for LM if it collided and crashed. It would be a disaster for the company.

Rendlesham was audio recorded in real time as it happened. Col Halt (deputy commander) brought a tape recorder with him, unfortunately, it only ran for a certain time. You hear the men in 1980 describing events in real time. Clear evidence it was not faked. Radar station nearby also picked up multiple unknown objects coming in from the coastline.

The recording from 1980

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Could be that the aliens created us and they come and check in now and again - and quickly leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

wexie wrote: »
    that, I don't know, although if I had to guess if you're going mach 5+ (which this thing supposedly is capable of) you'd be out of isolated airspace quick enough.

People seem to forget that the SR-71 first flew in 1964!!!! and that was capable of Mach 3 and beyond

You will still make a racket from smashing the sound barrier which would have been audible in the civilian aircraft ,
    And to anyone in the vacinity be it on water or land

In saying the original SR71 could launch its own drone that flew just as fast if not faster that the original blackbird ,

Rendlesham was audio recorded in real time as it happened. Col Halt (deputy commander) brought a tape recorder with him, unfortunately, it only ran for a certain time. You hear the men in 1980 describing events in real time. Clear evidence it was not faked. Radar station nearby also picked up multiple unknown objects coming in from the coastline.

The recording from 1980

According to Larry Warren`s book "Left at East Gate" and also in any of his public talks about the Rendelsham Forest incident, a lot more happened than what is referred to above.

https://youtu.be/sQ12qbQ3AJU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

According to Larry Warren`s book "Left at East Gate" and also in any of his public talks about the Rendelsham Forest incident, a lot more happened than what is referred to above.

When I was younger I was into UFOs, one book I read made the claim that someone saw an alien hovering around the craft.
    The thing is that this brings all sorts out of the wood work and there is a lot of chaff to go through.

Ipso wrote: »
    When I was younger I was into UFOs, one book I read made the claim that someone saw an alien hovering around the craft.
    The thing is that this brings all sorts out of the wood work and there is a lot of chaff to go through.

That would be Larry Warren and he claims that he saw not just one alien being hovering around the craft but three of them.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ninjamonkey

Have you ever seen the northern lights, do you even know what they look like? How could anyone mistake a small bright moving light/object for the northern lights.... :rolleyes:

/facepalm. the number of experts who are speaking complete and utter s****e astounds me.

A rocket that launched 2 days later, and the northern lights, oh and meteors ... that .... uh ... veer north and accelerate upwards - (nods gently ... riiiight.... ok ...... )

hmm, might as well throw in a weather balloon or 2, for good measure -- dont worry about the "swamp gas" there is enough of it floating merrily out of their cake holes :)

oh FFS ...... lets just accept the fact that unusual things are seen. that cannot be explained.

I mean I absolutely agree, be skeptical, always. But dont fit a square peg in a round hole ... 95% of sightings are mis-identified aircraft, weather phenomenon, lenticular clouds, the planet venus or other natural phenomenon ..

But there are around 5% ... yep 5% people, that just deny any logical explanation. These are seen by pilots, and military personnel, and are generally witnessed travelling faster than anything that we know of, and pulling extreme manoeuvres, that would not be healthy for any pilot.

so lets just get over the fact, that these things exist. - lets also state that nowhere have I said they are "alien" or little green men. Truth is we have absolutely no idea what they are, who is driving them, or what their intentions are.

And that will remain, until we shake off the tinfoil hat stigma, open our minds and start to have a serious mainstraeam conversation on the topic whereby we examine the data points and let it lead us where it may.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

This UFO was spotted Friday morning: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/close-encounter-with-ufo-off-irish-coast-leaves-pilots-wondering-884774.html

l was driving home at about 9.15-ish (PM) in pitch black in the middle of nowhere (near Granard, Longford), and I spot this light moving slowly, like a plane in the distance. I then catch it stopping, reversing direction and flying off faster than a concorde. Did I also see aliens?

I didn't just see it - I was in it!

Naanoo Naanoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

https://youtu.be/sQ12qbQ3AJU

Col Halt described Larry account as fiction. I wasn't there to know but Col Halt has always claimed Larry lied.

He believes Jim Penniston and John Burroughs. Though he does state they were interrogated by officials who arrived at the base. There were even rumours they were given truth serum to retrieve information.

Jim Penniston later claimed years later they are not aliens but time travellers from a far future. That what he believes true or not

The incident happened what it was nobody truly knows. 30 army personnel witnessed it off base on base. There were reports of a craft over the base and lights beaming down into storage hanger that kept nuclear weapons. This is still classified even today nuclear weapons were stored at this base in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ninjamonkey

Re: Rendlesham .. i believe there may be some more information shared on the Rendlesham incident in the next couple of months - Jan / Feb timeframe

Advertisement