Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see this UFO last Friday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Knapp said one of the reasons more information doesn't leak out is due to religious grounds. People in power even at the Pentagon have strong religious views about the subject. They think UFOs are demonic?

Hang on now....

So what you're actually saying is that aliens are out there, visiting our planet, the people in the Pentagon have knowledge and possibly proof of this...but they're not telling us cause they think the aliens are...demons?

Yeah that's totally plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ninjamonkey

Ahh shur, twas only one a dem auld meteoritey thingumajiggys - so says the absolute armchair authority avaiation "expert" Gerry Byrne.
    Im sorry Mr Byrne

(Aviation journalist Gerry Byrne said: "In all probability they were meteorites and it's not uncommon for meteorites to come in at a low angle, a low trajectory into the Earth's atmosphere.")

I would love Mr Byrne to tell us all how many meteorites he has seen come alongside and aircraft and veer north at high speed. Or climb away at hight speed.

Last time I checked, shooting stars do not change speed or direction - of course maybe Mr Byrne who obvioualy knows infinitely more than the rest of us on the matter can educate us on the aerodynamics of shooting stars, and how they like to change speed and direction.

I would love to hear it.

nm

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could it have been a case of ball lightning?

Was it a taxi????

Lol, A Taxi out in the sticks is rarer than a UFO .. I would believe it was an alien spacecraft, but would be VERY skeptical if someone actually reported a sighting of a Taxi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaintyDavy

wexie wrote: »
    Hang on now....

So what you're actually saying is that aliens are out there, visiting our planet, the people in the Pentagon have knowledge and possibly proof of this...but they're not telling us cause they think the aliens are...demons?

This is the U.S we're talking about here, i wouldnt be that surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hang on now....

Trust me buddy, the plausibility has only just begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Yes, Kerry Metorites shoot upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Hang on now....

There seems to be some people in the US military who have a fundamental Christian world view, a coupe of people have said that is how they view UFOs but it's not some massive organized attempt to keep the truth from the sheeple.
    There are also people within UFOology who think UFOs are like poltergeists.

Ipso wrote: »
    There seems to be some people in the US military who have a fundamental Christian world view, a coupe of people have said that is how they view UFOs but it's not some massive organized attempt to keep the truth from the sheeple.
    There are also people within UFOology who think UFOs are like poltergeists.

Very dangerous that religous folk have big jobs in the likes of National Security. That could defo impair their judgement on certain things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

That poor aul fella. Trying to tip home in his car after three or four pints in the local. Now on top of having to contend with guards and fairy forts now he has to deal with meteorites flying around the place and flying saucers going back and forth.

You'd need to be on your game. You can forget about drink driving exemptions down there lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

DaintyDavy wrote: »
    Very dangerous that religous folk have big jobs in the likes of National Security. That could defo impair their judgement on certain things.

Never mind UFOs, there are probably those who believe in the end times/rapture nonsense.

They were looking for the Jedi Temple on Skellig, and got lost , the GPS doesnt work too well in Kerry. They were trying to Eyeball it, and follow the roads, but they could only see the potholes.

OK, so if anyone is interested and hasnt seen it yet - here is some of the information, that was in mainstream news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2b4qSoMnKE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDj9ZZQY2kA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPI6psB7Nb4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaruUtiPHo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEF1-z0W0f4

There are many more, - you just need to look

nm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was it Scientologist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Mc Love wrote: »
    Driving one night a few years ago, I saw something unidentifiable in the sky that seemed to shoot upwards, and my wife asked, what I was looking at and then she said she saw it too after I told her. It was like two lights in the sky over a tree line, that shot off at speed, and we couldnt explain it.

Similarly, less than a decade ago, in the horizon east towards Croghan Hill/Kildare border direction, I saw a starlike light travel at a fixed speed in a dead straight trajectory from right to left across the horizon. Then at the end of that run, shoot up vertical having g changed direction at a right angle. I was perplexed, then dumbfounded afterwards as I thought about it.
    I am a night sky observer and what I saw was highly unusual. Upon research, that trajectory matched other sightings.
    Imagine people second-guessing pilots, Gardai, army personnel, etc etc. Is there no end to the hubris of science worshippers?
    Quality observations gleaned from quality observers should be treated with sceptical respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Yes, Kerry Metorites shoot upwards.
    Jaysus, is there no end to Kerry boasts...

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Similarly, less than a decade ago, in the horizon east towards Croghan Hill/Kildare border direction, I saw a starlike light travel at a fixed speed in a dead straight trajectory from right to left across the horizon. Then at the end of that run, shoot up vertical having g changed direction at a right angle. I was perplexed, then dumbfounded afterwards as I thought about it.
    I am a night sky observer and what I saw was highly unusual. Upon research, that trajectory matched other sightings.
    Imagine people second-guessing pilots, Gardai, army personnel, etc etc. Is there no end to the hubris of science worshippers?
    Quality observations gleaned from quality observers should be treated with sceptical respect.

Absolutely agree. Lets use science to understand them. We know there is something very unusual being seen. We do not know if it is extraterrestrial, or from somewhere else. However we need to treat this phenomenon with the respect it deserves, and not automatically dismiss it.

It was once dismissed that the earth was not flat .... Examine, record, collaborate, and let the data speak for itself. without data points we cannot begin to formulate answers.

However, I get slightly irritated when so called "experts" like Gerry Byrne say that the pilots probably saw a meteorite. Did he give any thought to how much he is disrespecting the captains of those aircraft.

They see meteors/shooting stars, etc, and can tell the difference. When 3 commercial pilots , are crossing the atlantic, on sceduled routes, and all 3 report something unusual, well, I would not be quick to tell them they saw a meteorite. - In my humble opinion, it simply highlights his sheer ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

An Ri rua wrote: »

Is it really that hubristic to say that in all probability it wasn't an Alien spacecraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

aziz wrote: »
    Aurora borealis
    At this time of day
    At this time of year
    Localised entirely in your kitchen

Can I see it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Arghus wrote: »
    Is it really that hubristic to say that in all probability it wasn't an Alien spacecraft?

theres no denying its a ufo at present though, since its unidentified

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »

Probably not, but if certain countries are hiding tech capable of the manoeuvres this thing supposedly pulled off id class that as more worrying than it being actual aliens. What else are they hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭robwen

Pilots need to be getting their phones out & videoing

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Saw on twitter earlier sum1 saying New Zealand launched a rocket with a satellite onboard and it travelled up this way. Could explain it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

TCM wrote: »
    Why would aliens bother flying over those kips?
    To get to Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

To get to Blanchardstown

For the Doughnuts!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Saw on twitter earlier sum1 saying New Zealand launched a rocket with a satellite onboard and it travelled up this way. Could explain it?

No... NO NO NO SHTAPPP SHTAPPP .. Don't say that. It was aliens ok ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

For the Doughnuts!?
    Sci-Fi has told us that when aliens invade they always first destroy our most beloved cultural landmarks.

For Dublin the KFC in Blanchardstown is top of the list.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd say it was Elvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Highly doubt it, a rocket would have been in space and not flying beside the aircraft and coming up alongside the left of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭josip

No. We don't live in New Zealand.

Advertisement