Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see this UFO last Friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaintyDavy

Re: Rendlesham .. i believe there may be some more information shared on the Rendlesham incident in the next couple of months - Jan / Feb timeframe

Shared by who? MOD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I posted this in the conspiracy forum, not here. Sony is about to make a film about this event.

The series, which is a co-production between Sony Pictures Television and Eleventh Hour Films, the UK indie that the Hollywood studio owns a stake in, is an eight-part drama is inspired by a “real-life” UFO incident, which took place at a US air base close to the village of Rendlesham, Suffolk in 1980.

Laurence Fishburne is to star in and exec produce Sony’s anthology UFO drama series Rendlesham.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/rendlesham-laurence-fishburne-1202492634/

DaintyDavy wrote: »
    Shared by who? MOD?

Probably by Luiz Elizonda who ran the Pentagon UFO project? He likely had access to classified files about the incident?

They recently showed a still picture of a metal that might be from a UFO. It stored in a warehouse somewhere in Las Vegas.

You see it here.

https://www.earthfiles.com/2018/08/06/part-4-mysterious-micron-layers-of-alternating-bismuth-and-magnesium-from-bottom-of-wedge-shaped-ufo-2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

This is still classified even today nuclear weapons were stored at this base in the UK.

Its common knowledge that most RAF non QRA bases held nuclear weapons.

Any base that had Phantoms, Nimrods, Jaguars, Tornados or Buccaners had a stock of low yield battlefield nukes.

Nothing secret or classified about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Chemtrails

• Advertisement

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Its common knowledge that most RAF non QRA bases held nuclear weapons.

Any base that had Phantoms, Nimrods, Jaguars, Tornados or Buccaners had a stock of low yield battlefield nukes.

Nothing secret or classified about it.

UK and US have never admitted nuclear weapons were stored at this Nato base. It was a secret in 1980's. Probably few people even knew that was the case back then. Even today Col Halt will not speak about it.

It might because they were American nuclear weapons stored on British soil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Probably by Luiz Elizonda who ran the Pentagon UFO project? He likely had access to classified files about the incident?

They recently showed a still picture of a metal that might be from a UFO. It stored in a warehouse somewhere in Las Vegas.

You see it here.

https://www.earthfiles.com/2018/08/06/part-4-mysterious-micron-layers-of-alternating-bismuth-and-magnesium-from-bottom-of-wedge-shaped-ufo-2/

Is that the stuff that To the Stars/Tom DeLonges slush fund was promoting?
    Appears so.
    http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/to-the-stars-downgrades-debris-from-extraterrestrial-metamaterials-to-potential-ufo-material-warns-investigation-could-go-nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Could be that the aliens created us and they come and check in now and again - and quickly leave...
    I can think of no other explanation ...

Ipso wrote: »

I think it highlighted here.
    He clearly excited about obtaining the supposed alien metal samples that—if his own claims are to be believed—are similar to the supposed alien metal he used to investigate for the federal government

The US government or military has supposed alien metal but he can't show that off as it classified material?

I not sure if that metal came from a classified project?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

UK and US have never admitted nuclear weapons were stored at this Nato base. It was a secret in 1980's. Probably few people even knew that was the case back then. Even today Col Halt will not speak about it.

It might because they were American nuclear weapons stored on British soil?

He wont speak as he would be breaking the Official Secrets Act.

They were American "NATO use" weapons. The bombs were stored at the airfields but the fuses remained under lock and key by the US.

They were for use by the RAF. A similar arrangement existed with the Luftwaffe.

The only exception as far as I know were the nuclear depth charges used by the Nimrods and Royal Navy aircraft. They were 100% under UK control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Rendlesham was audio recorded in real time as it happened. Col Halt (deputy commander) brought a tape recorder with him, unfortunately, it only ran for a certain time. You hear the men in 1980 describing events in real time. Clear evidence it was not faked. Radar station nearby also picked up multiple unknown objects coming in from the coastline.

The recording from 1980

On the contrary, I'd say the fact that the had a take recorder with them adds to the likelyhood of it being a hoax. Who the hell brings tape recorder around with them? Why would they bring it unless they knew that they were going to see something and that they wanted to plan to get evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ninjamonkey

So this footage was recorded on a Dashcam, at Colraine , Northen Ireland, at 06:44 last Friday morning. 3 minutes before the pilots reported the sighting over kerry.

https://inews.co.uk/video/ufo-video-northern-ireland-irish-sea-sightings-investigation/

from Coleraine to Kerry in 3 minutes ... impressive !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Maybe the governments release enough information from "experts" and the like so as to discredit anyone who has seen an alien being or had an alien encounter in order to keep the secret and ensure that people who do talk about encounters are immediately seen as "crazy".

I just can't believe that we are all that's out there, that Earth is the only inhabited planet, that Earth is the only inhabitable planet, it just makes no sense to me. Just because *insert name of planet or star* isn't suitable for sustaining human life, that doesn't mean it can't sustain any life. I think we need to get out of the mindset of species like ourselves and open our minds to many different species wildly different to us, maybe a species that doesn't breath air like us, a species that doesn't have organs like us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭josip

That Coleraine article again referred to the pilot's description of the speed as 'astronomical', even though it was only estimated at Mach 2.
    Astronomical to me would be much faster.
    Even our old earth tech Apollo managed the equivalent of Mach 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

erica74 wrote: »

I just can't believe that we are all that's out there, that Earth is the only inhabited planet, that Earth is the only inhabitable planet, it just makes no sense to me.

I think it's entirely likely that there is other life out there, there are an estimated 2 trillion galaxies just in the observable universe....

The numbers are absolutely mind boggling and the idea that there is no other life out there in my mind only makes sense from a very staunch religious point of view, ie. there is a god and he's created all of this just for us.

Which is think is a very odd point of view.

Having said that, while I think it's almost a certainty there is other life out there....having the technology to travel from where ever they may to come visit us is an entirely different matter of course.

Then again....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

wexie wrote: »
    Having said that, while I think it's almost a certainty there is other life out there....having the technology to travel from where ever they may to come visit us is an entirely different matter of course.

Then again....

There is also the issue of time

other life may evolve long after Earth is dead

or perhaps existed before we came along but died out due to disaster or otherwise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

josip wrote: »
    That Coleraine article again referred to the pilot's description of the speed as 'astronomical', even though it was only estimated at Mach 2.
    Astronomical to me would be much faster.
    Even our old earth tech Apollo managed the equivalent of Mach 30.

"Astronomical" in the sense of the pilot describing something that was travelling much faster than a civilian aircraft would be capable of.
    The Apollo, Gemini, Shuttle etc. spacecraft reached the above mentioned speeds in Earth orbit or in outer space, not at the altitudes that civilian aircraft would be flying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,538 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

For anyone who believes that UFOs are Aliens here a simple question
    Why do they always have lights that are ver yrbight ?
    Planes don't need head lights they can see cause the ground is lite up by buildings, roads and so on, They only have little lights so other planes can see them .

Space ships don't need head lights as space is bright you can see what's in front of you ?

So why would an Alien craft need lights ? and even more so if they want to be unseen why would they have there lights on all the time ?

Make zero sense ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

For anyone who believes that UFOs are Aliens here a simple question
    Why do they always have lights that are ver yrbight ?
    Planes don't need head lights they can see cause the ground is lite up by buildings, roads and so on, They only have little lights so other planes can see them .

Space ships don't need head lights as space is bright you can see what's in front of you ?

So why would an Alien craft need lights ? and even more so if they want to be unseen why would they have there lights on all the time ?

Make zero sense ,

If they were in fact in fact aliens, your post makes no sense. Nobody knows anything about Aliens or how they function. You're assuming they function in the same way we do, which if they are travelling hyper dimensionally, then they clearly don't.

Or maybe they wanted to be seen for that few seconds?

If they were in fact in fact aliens, your post makes no sense. Nobody knows anything about Aliens or how they function. You're assuming they function in the same way we do, which if they are travelling hyper dimensionally, then they clearly don't.

Or maybe they wanted to be seen for that few seconds?

Don't buy , if you can travel through your hyper dimension surely your clever enough to not leave your lights on when there trying to be not seen,

If they wana be seen why are they always lightjust seen in a distance why not fly right beside the plane , why not land ? why not hover above a city, Why is it always I seen this thing and then it zoom off cause I seen it,

Nonsense that's why its all nosense,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Don't buy , if you can travel through your hyper dimension surely your clever enough to not leave your lights on when there trying to be not seen,

If they wana be seen why are they always lightjust seen in a distance why not fly right beside the plane , why not land ? why not hover above a city, Why is it always I seen this thing and then it zoom off cause I seen it,

The bright light could be related to the propulsion system of the craft.

How do you know if they wanted to be seen or not? You can't assume anything in this situation.

Numerous accounts over the years of this happening particularly including the Washington DC UFO flap in the 1950s and more recently in Mexico.

How do you know if they wanted to be seen or not? You can't assume anything in this situation.

Its 2018 if they wanted to be seen they would and there would be undoubtable footage ,

Its 2018 if they wanted to be seen they would and there would be undoubtable footage ,

And, as has always been the case, there would be plenty of debunkers claiming the footage was faked, photoshopped etc etc.

Glad to know you are an expert on the design of alien craft and also the motivation of alien visits.

Glad to know you are an expert on the design of alien craft and also the motivation of alien visits.

Hard to be an expert in something that hasn't happened , Lets be fair there are no Alien visits ,

There is no concrete evidence and there for I refuse to believe it to be true,
    I wouldn't convict you of murder with no evidence so why would I believe in Aliens with no hard evidence ,

Possible there is life on other planets but why would they have to have space ships ,
    Here's a question what came first the fiction of Aliens in space ships or Alien "craft " sighting ?

it was the fiction ,so that where the concept came from our own heads, Basically if there are Alien life forms of some kind (which id say there is) what are the chances they are the same as our fiction of Alien life forms and space crafts ,ITs nonsense,

We have space ships, and we are trying to visit other planets. We are also desperately trying to make some contact. Why wouldn't they?

We have space ships, and we are trying to visit other planets. We are also desperately trying to make some contact. Why wouldn't they?

When I mentioned lights you said why would I assume they function like we do,
    So why would you assume they travel and think as we do ?
    O
    h oh sorry cause now it suits your argument about something that has zero evidence,

What about the Lough Ness monster and Big foot I suppose there real to, there has been sightings you know , and sure why not ghosts there real to as people have seen them

Its nonsense and fairy tales created by humans that then people pretend are real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭josip

Bit of a difference between interplanetary probes and 'manned' interstellar craft.
    We're also not desperately trying to make contact. We're actually very cautious about that.

Advertisement