Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see this UFO last Friday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

josip wrote: »
    Bit of a difference between interplanetary probes and 'manned' interstellar craft.
    We're also not desperately trying to make contact. We're actually very cautious about that.

Nasa have been sending stuff into space since the 60's hoping something will find it. Also sending radio signals and monitoring them constantly, not desperate at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

josip wrote: »
    Bit of a difference between interplanetary probes and 'manned' interstellar craft.
    We're also not desperately trying to make contact. We're actually very cautious about that.
    Nasa have been sending stuff into space since the 60's hoping something will find it. Also sending radio signals and monitoring them constantly, not desperate at all.

https://seti.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

and have found nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aliens flying space ship to earth is made up by us , its like Marvel comics its fantasy created by humans,

https://www.mufon.com/

100's of thousands of reports here, all made up, every single one of them?

https://www.mufon.com/

100's of thousands of reports here, all made up, every single one of them?

100's of thousand of reports of ghost, of lough Ness monster, of Big foot , of the Yeti ,

There are 15 million members of scientology ,a religion made up by a man who wrote more sci -fi than anyone on the planet, who was discharged from the army for touching himself, 15 million people willing to pay to be part of his made up religion !!!!!!!!!

My point .......Humans have a history of believing in nonsense,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Read a post on Reddit about a US aircraft carrier in the Atlantic carrying F35s which I think he mentioned have been newly set up for craft launch.

And of course it being American and not Russian, well, we don't want to draw attention to our friends. So it may be a boring answer but most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

It was probably some lad with his drone.... A drone is more then likely what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

It was probably some lad with his drone.... A drone is more then likely what it was.

A drone travelling quicker than a commercial airliner?

He sure as hell didn't buy that off Alibaba I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Only just spotted this thread. My wife and I watched this thing in Co. Wicklow. Dark night, almost no light pollution, and I'd been watching a plane fly over when I spotted the little orange light moving from the same direction as the where space station sits directly northward. At first I assumed it was a satellite as we can regularly see those but then it accelerated like nothing I've ever seen and left the plane (high level commercial jet) for dust in comparison.

The phrase I used to my wife was: "what kind of crazy military **** was that?!" - it was fast, really really fast and with the acceleration, deceleration, consistency of appearance and minor changes of direction, there's no way was it a meteor.

My theory is high-level drone but the speed was unnerving, it made the commercial jet look like an early biplane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

100's of thousand of reports of ghost, of lough Ness monster, of Big foot , of the Yeti ,

There are 15 million members of scientology ,a religion made up by a man who wrote more sci -fi than anyone on the planet, who was discharged from the army for touching himself, 15 million people willing to pay to be part of his made up religion !!!!!!!!!

My point .......Humans have a history of believing in nonsense,

what about Astronauts who actually see UFO's in space??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

wexie wrote: »
    A drone travelling quicker than a commercial airliner?

He sure as hell didn't buy that off Alibaba I guess.

I believe in off this planet life forms but since drones came in they have been coming to our planet a lot more often to visit us. I think a majority of modern day cases of UFO type craft are remote controlled big boys toys from China.

bangkok wrote: »

Where is the evidence ?
    That's like saying what about the hunters who see big foot or the divers who seen the lough ness monster or the grave digger who seen a ghost,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I believe in off this planet life forms but since drones came in they have been coming to our planet a lot more often to visit us. I think a majority of modern day cases of UFO type craft are remote controlled big boys toys from China.

Oh I absolutely think you may well be right in that.

In this particular case though, considering it was seen by several pilots and judged to be at high speeds (never mind altitude) I don't think it was a drone. Or at least not a commercially available one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are you referring to the Voyager record etc when you say "stuff"?
    That was much more to do with marketing 'space' to Earthlings in order to secure funding for space exploration than a bona fide belief that it would ever be found.
    A silent, dark object in interstellar space heading towards nothing in particular, to be discovered by aliens on an interstellar road trip, really?

Where is the evidence ?
    That's like saying what about the hunters who see big foot or the divers who seen the lough ness monster or the grave digger who seen a ghost,

comparing a hunter to an Astronaut?!

one picks up a gun and goes to kill what he can find, the other has does this...

Astronaut requirements have changed with NASA's goals and missions. A pilot's license and engineering experience is still one route a person could take to becoming an astronaut, but it’s no longer the only one. Today, to be considered for an astronaut position, U.S. citizens must meet the following qualifications:

A bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics.
    At least three years of related professional experience obtained after degree completion OR at least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time on jet aircraft.
    The ability to pass the NASA long-duration astronaut physical. Distant and near visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20 for each eye. The use of glasses is acceptable.

Astronaut candidates must also have skills in leadership, teamwork and communications.

NASA's Astronaut Selection Board reviews the applications (a record-breaking 18,300 in 2016) and assesses each candidate's qualifications. The board then invites about 120 of the most highly qualified candidates to NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, for interviews. Of those interviewed, about half are invited back for a second round. Once the final astronauts are selected, they must complete a two-year training period.

With NASA's plans for the future of exploration, new astronauts will fly farther into space than ever before on lunar missions and may be the first to fly on to Mars

such is the level required to become an astronaut they are not going to make up stories for the craic

you should read up on Ex astronaut Edgar Mitchell as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

There’s a starman waiting in the sky
    He’d like to come and meet us
    But he thinks he’d blow our minds.

one picks up a gun and goes to kill what he can find, the other has does this...

Astronaut requirements have changed with NASA's goals and missions. A pilot's license and engineering experience is still one route a person could take to becoming an astronaut, but it’s no longer the only one. Today, to be considered for an astronaut position, U.S. citizens must meet the following qualifications:

A bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics.
    At least three years of related professional experience obtained after degree completion OR at least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time on jet aircraft.
    The ability to pass the NASA long-duration astronaut physical. Distant and near visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20 for each eye. The use of glasses is acceptable.

Astronaut candidates must also have skills in leadership, teamwork and communications.

NASA's Astronaut Selection Board reviews the applications (a record-breaking 18,300 in 2016) and assesses each candidate's qualifications. The board then invites about 120 of the most highly qualified candidates to NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, for interviews. Of those interviewed, about half are invited back for a second round. Once the final astronauts are selected, they must complete a two-year training period.

With NASA's plans for the future of exploration, new astronauts will fly farther into space than ever before on lunar missions and may be the first to fly on to Mars

such is the level required to become an astronaut they are not going to make up stories for the craic

So education means one is more trust worthy ?

Do you really believe this with all the recent cases of governments , banker and so on lying to the public ,

Would you believe the word of the President of the USA MR Trump over someone because he is better educated ?

Is that the same Edgar Mitchell who claimed the below , seems like a legit guy :D ,

Don't let the fact that he was an astronaut with a great Education hide the fact that he is always full of sh*T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mitchell claimed that a teenage remote healer living in Vancouver and using the pseudonym "Adam Dreamhealer" helped him heal kidney cancer from a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy, "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December 2003 until June 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since".[2

Is that the same Edgar Mitchell who claimed the below , seems like a legit guy :D ,

Don't let the fact that he was an astronaut with a great Education hide the fact that he is always full of sh*T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mitchell claimed that a teenage remote healer living in Vancouver and using the pseudonym "Adam Dreamhealer" helped him heal kidney cancer from a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy, "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December 2003 until June 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since".[2

https://www.syti.net/UFOSightings.html

But no actually evidence ?

Lines like the below form your link make me laugh, Your basing evidence off this kind a nonsense,

"A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium "

of course he remained nameless cause its all made up,
    All astronauts who want to stay relevant saying vague stuff with no evidence,

You think cause there astronauts they couldn't possible be lying ,You do some have gone on to commit crimes and in general are just the same as everyone eels,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Which astronauts?

Lines like the below form your link make me laugh, Your basing evidence off this kind a nonsense,

"A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium "

You think cause there astronauts they couldn't possible be lying ,You do some have gone on to commit crimes and in general are just the same as everyone eels,

did you even read any of it? What about the first guy in that article??

One of the original Mercury Astronauts and the last American to fly in space alone. On May 15, 1963 he shot into space in a Mercury capsule for a 22 orbit journey around the world. During the final orbit, Major Gordon Cooper told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth Australia) that he could see a glowing, greenish object ahead of him quickly approaching his capsule. The UFO was real and solid, because it was picked up by Muchea's tracking radar. Cooper's sighting was reported by the National Broadcast Company, which was covering the flight step by step; but when Cooper landed, reporters were told that they would not be allowed to question him about the UFO sighting.

Major Cooper was a firm believer in UFOs. Ten years earlier, in 1951 he had sighted a UFO while piloting an F-86 Sabrejet over Western Germany. They were metallic, saucer-shaped discs at considerable altitude and could out-maneuver all American fighter planes. Major Cooper also testified before the United Nations: "I believe that these extra-terrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets... Most astronauts were reluctant to discuss UFOs." "I did have occasion in 1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of different sizes, flying in fighter formation, generally from east to west over Europe."

Effects wrote: »
    Which astronauts?

all of these for a start...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

all of these for a start...

was that page created using dreamweaver and originally hosted on angelfire?

did you even read any of it? What about the first guy in that article??

One of the original Mercury Astronauts and the last American to fly in space alone. On May 15, 1963 he shot into space in a Mercury capsule for a 22 orbit journey around the world. During the final orbit, Major Gordon Cooper told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth Australia) that he could see a glowing, greenish object ahead of him quickly approaching his capsule. The UFO was real and solid, because it was picked up by Muchea's tracking radar. Cooper's sighting was reported by the National Broadcast Company, which was covering the flight step by step; but when Cooper landed, reporters were told that they would not be allowed to question him about the UFO sighting.

Major Cooper was a firm believer in UFOs. Ten years earlier, in 1951 he had sighted a UFO while piloting an F-86 Sabrejet over Western Germany. They were metallic, saucer-shaped discs at considerable altitude and could out-maneuver all American fighter planes. Major Cooper also testified before the United Nations: "I believe that these extra-terrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets... Most astronauts were reluctant to discuss UFOs." "I did have occasion in 1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of different sizes, flying in fighter formation, generally from east to west over Europe."

Where is the hard evidence ? You can't just believe what these guys say when there retired its hosre sh*t ,life doesn't work like that you need evidence,

One reports Saucer's , which was exact fantasy we made up as human's ,

There is no real evidence because it has never happened, again its like the bogey man, ghost's, big foot its all nonsense

lol. This is hilarious.
    According to the NASA Astronaut Neil Armstrong, the Aliens have a base on the Moon and told us in no uncertain terms to get off and stay off the Moon. According to un-confirmed reports, both Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin saw UFOs shortly after that historic landing on the Moon in Apollo 11 on 21 July 1969. I remember hearing one of the astronauts refer to a "light" in or on a crater during the television transmission, followed by a request from mission control for further information. Nothing more was heard. According to a former NASA employee Otto Binder, unnamed radio hams with their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed NASA's broadcasting outlets picked up the following exchange:

NASA: Whats there?
    Mission Control calling Apollo 11...

Apollo11: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous!
    OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it!
    I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there,
    Lined up on the far side of the crater edge!
    They're on the Moon watching us!

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium.

Professor: What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?

Armstrong: It was incredible, of course we had always known
    there was a possibility, the fact is, we were
    warned off! (by the Aliens). There was never any
    question then of a space station or a moon city.

Professor: How do you mean "warned off"?

Armstrong: I can't go into details, except to say that their
    ships were far superior to ours both in size and
    technology - Boy, were they big! and menacing!
    No, there is no question of a space station.

Professor: But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?

Armstrong: Naturally - NASA was committed at that time, and
    couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a
    quick scoop and back again.

I found a photo of the aliens on the moon.

get+off+my+lawn.jpg

Grayson wrote: »
    lol. This is hilarious.

Its like something from a space invader's movie on sci- fi channel , Absolute horse sh*t

Where is the hard evidence ? You can't just believe what these guys say when there retired its hosre sh*t ,life doesn't work like that you need evidence,

One reports Saucer's , which was exact fantasy we made up as human's ,

There is no real evidence because it has never happened, again its like the bogey man, ghost's, big foot its all nonsense

Saucer was used because that's what one of the first UFO's was described as looking like. Which is what they look like. Going by reports of them.

• Advertisement

Its like something from a space invader's movie on sci- fi channel , Absolute horse sh*t

It's the plot of three godzilla movies.

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Moon
    The Mysterians
    After leaving the planet Mars, the Mysterians dock their Space Station on the dark side of the Moon while they launch plans to invade Earth.

Destroy All Monsters
    In order to successfully take control of Earth's kaiju, the Kilaaks build a transmitter tower and a base on the Moon. The JSDF and UN launch an expedition force of humans aboard the Moonlight SY-3 to the Moon, and a battle rages which results in the Humans blowing up the base's entrance, forcing the Kilaaks inside to revert to their metallic forms, and the destruction of the Transmitter Tower, freeing the Kaiju from the alien race's grip.

Godzilla vs. Redmoon
    In this unreleased film, the titular antagonist Redmoon lives on the Moon, and comes to Earth to invade. He meets up with Erabus, who also normally lives on the Moon.

Advertisement