Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

kellbag91 wrote: »
    So I met the local Sergeant last night was really informal and chill. He emphasized that if you're signed-off on everything don't be surprised if you get the call in April. But he also added that you can defer 3 months to the next intake if it's too soon. He also told me alot of recruits from last year were sent up to the boarder region, so (Brexit)
    What did yours say ?

Mine said all my vetting is complete and he is sending my file to hq monday morning. Said i should be in for April too. Fingers crossed i pass the medical on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

My medical is thursday too!

When did you do your PCT? Just so I can suss when I’ll be called lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Whoever is thinking about going in for April , your file need to be checked with senior management which might take from a week to 3 yrs ... mine is there since september 2018 and ive no family abroad so be patient

OscarKilo wrote: »
    When did you do your PCT? Just so I can suss when I’ll be called lol

22nd Feb

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Whoever is thinking about going in for April , your file need to be checked with senior management which might take from a week to 3 yrs ... mine is there since september 2018 and ive no family abroad so be patient

Are you 2017 campaign??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Are you 2017 campaign??

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Redfox21 wrote: »

3 years - safe to assume one would be deemed as unsuitable in any length of time like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

3 years - safe to assume one would be deemed as unsuitable in any length of time like this.

Nah they’re just super slow at rectifying little issues and they have no urgency

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Nah they’re just super slow at rectifying little issues and they have no urgency

This is what I don't get about when it gets sent to senior mngt. I would have thought that any issues would have been cleared up at vetting stage or at meeting with sarg or supr to question you about the issues thst have arisen and that everything that reaches mngt is just a routine tick box exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 andrewkiely

Submitted my GP Letter end of January and still no PCT date yet, assume theres no reason to panic just yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

This is what I don't get about when it gets sent to senior mngt. I would have thought that any issues would have been cleared up at vetting stage or at meeting with sarg or supr to question you about the issues thst have arisen and that everything that reaches mngt is just a routine tick box exercise

Nah lad. I applied 2016, decent OOM. All finished 14 months ago. Vetting ever since and awaiting sign off the last 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 G1raff3

Submitted my GP Letter end of January and still no PCT date yet, assume theres no reason to panic just yet?

I submitted mine early Jan and still waiting too. There seems to be a few in the same position so I wouldn't panic yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 andrewkiely

G1raff3 wrote: »
    I submitted mine early Jan and still waiting too. There seems to be a few in the same position so I wouldn't panic yet.

Oh cool thanks! Hows the training going??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 G1raff3

Oh cool thanks! Hows the training going??

Going grand yea just looking forward to having it ticked off. Hopefully going well for yourself too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

Is it suit and tie or casual clothes for the super meeting? Anyone got any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Is it suit and tie or casual clothes for the super meeting? Anyone got any advice?

Full suit . Shine the shoes . Make an effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I didn't go for a full suit. Shirt, pants, shiny shoes.

I went in with dark jeans top and blazer with boots. I came straight from work to meet mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 extra1912

For people considering accepting an offer (if/when they get one).. out of curiosity, what are people currently working as/studying or what kind of undergraduate degrees do people hold?

Also interested to know if anyone that does get an offer for April who might defer ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

For the medical, I do you get a big form to fill out? I remember getting that for the Garda reserve, or are they making you do that on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amy_123

Are many others still awaiting the GP form?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Amy_123 wrote: »
    Are many others still awaiting the GP form?

Yes my daughter hasn’t got hers yet, she had her interview in January

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Just a quick question about deferring the pct I got an email today getting called for Friday the 15th, just wondering is it much hassle to push it back a week or will they only accept a doctor's note?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Gadaves wrote: »
    Just a quick question about deferring the pct I got an email today getting called for Friday the 15th, just wondering is it much hassle to push it back a week or will they only accept a doctor's note?

Sorry- Just a quick question. What was the cut off date for your GP form to be sent via email? Thanks. Just trying to gauge the timings between cut off and pct date.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

As far as I know from other posters they want a DR note, and then another DR note when you are ready to do it to say your fit enough

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    As far as I know from other posters they want a DR note, and then another DR note when you are ready to do it to say your fit enough

Ya that's what I thought, its not a medical reason I want to defer, I just have to miss the wedding. What can ya do.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Sorry- Just a quick question. What was the cut off date for your GP form to be sent via email? Thanks. Just trying to gauge the timings between cut off and pct date.

Think it was the 11th of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Ya that's what I thought, its not a medical reason I want to defer, I just have to miss the wedding. What can ya do.

I had to miss a wedding myself for mine. If you call them you never know, you might get someone sound that will change your date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

I know the day of my PCT there was a guy who had to go to a wedding too so they let him go do the second part as soon as he was ready instead of having to wait around which might help u?

Advertisement