Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Thats brilliant!!! how random is this whole process though. The OOM does not seem to matter at all.

My guess is;

OOM matters once your signed off, so you would get an offer before someone higher OOM than you. However, if you're not signed off then that person with a higher OOM might get an offer to fill an intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

bottar1 wrote: »
    My guess is;

OOM matters once your signed off, so you would get an offer before someone higher OOM than you. However, if you're not signed off then that person with a higher OOM might get an offer to fill an intake.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Hi anyone receive PCT dates recently?

Hi anyone receive PCT dates recently?

yesterday people got 12th March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Heard from the Sergent at the local station that they are still 50 people of the April intake. So anyone who has everything done will be put forward for it.. hopefully it's me 😋

• Advertisement

SHIELDSRED wrote: »
    Heard from the Sergent at the local station that they are still 50 people of the April intake. So anyone who has everything done will be put forward for it.. hopefully it's me ��

What do you mean?...50 more places to fill or?...how would they know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Heard from the Sergent at the local station that they are still 50 people of the April intake. So anyone who has everything done will be put forward for it.. hopefully it's me 😋

I thought it was 100 each induction week, they have only give out offers for the first one so far.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    I thought it was 100 each induction week, they have only give out offers for the first one so far.

Hi, he just told me that they have 150 people for the April intake, maybe the offers haven't gone out, but they know who they are sending them too?
    Its just what he told me, didn't ask how he knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

local sergeant told me 150 aswel. I wasn't sure if it was 150 total or an extra 150 on top of the original 100. He said an email went around from HRM to all stations.

local sergeant told me 150 aswel. I wasn't sure if it was 150 total or an extra 150 on top of the original 100. He said an email went around from HRM to all stations.

interesting.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

I'm meeting mine tonight I'll ask if he knows about this.

kellbag91 wrote: »
    I'm meeting mine tonight I'll ask if he knows about this.

Do! I'll do the same as i'm meeting mine too

got a call today to meet the super next week. :)

got a call today to meet the super next week. :)

Cool...have you your PCT and medical done yet or?..if you dont mind me asking whats your OOM also?

No neither, GP letter is due in by early March but I have already sent it.
    [snipped]. Not sure of the exact number. I had to do the Irish exam also so that slowed things up for me by about a month...Im going to check OOM
    [snipped]

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Im from 2017 everything done since september and still no offer

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Passed the PCT today, instructors where sound, just prepare for it folks and you’ll be grand :)

Cool...have you your PCT and medical done yet or?..if you dont mind me asking whats your OOM also?

I've just to meet the super, had PCT last week. Medical on Thursday and I'm OOM 53. The OOM doesn't seem to matter as there was people at my PCT with mid 300s.

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Im from 2017 everything done since september and still no offer

Keep the fingers and toes crossed for April!
    Is your vetting finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Passed the PCT today, instructors where sound, just prepare for it folks and you’ll be grand :)

Was going to ask how you did! Well done. All passed as well, great to get it out of the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Keep the fingers and toes crossed for April!
    Is your vetting finished?

Yes all done

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Was going to ask how you did! Well done. All passed as well, great to get it out of the way!

Cheers!! Yeah it was tough but, just glad that I passed it!
    Where you there today aswel?

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Cheers!! Yeah it was tough but, just glad that I passed it!
    Where you there today aswel?

I was yeah, just relieved I don't have to go all the way back to repeat. For anyone yet to go, be prepared to do a lot of waiting around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I was yeah, just relieved I don't have to go all the way back to repeat. For anyone yet to go, be prepared to do a lot of waiting around!

Was the obstacle course and push/pull difficult?
    How strict were the push ups? Like all the way down and touch nose off floor?
    Thanks

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Was the obstacle course and push/pull difficult?
    How strict were the push ups? Like all the way down and touch nose off floor?
    Thanks

Obstacle course was grand, push and pull was ok too, I'm a girl like and was well over the mark, a lot of the lads seemed to be getting way over the 25.
    The push ups, again I'm a girl so had the easier version, you don't have to get your nose to the floor but they want to see your elbows at 90 degrees and your chest maybe a handsbreadth from the floor, just like the video really.
    TBH I haven't done that much training since Xmas due to injury and got through today ok, so I wouldn't be worrying. Worst that happens is you fail and go back for round two. So just do your best :)

Do! I'll do the same as i'm meeting mine too

So I met the local Sergeant last night was really informal and chill. He emphasized that if you're signed-off on everything don't be surprised if you get the call in April. But he also added that you can defer 3 months to the next intake if it's too soon. He also told me alot of recruits from last year were sent up to the boarder region, so (Brexit)
    What did yours say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

So I met the local Sergeant last night was really informal and chill. He emphasized that if you're signed-off on everything don't be surprised if you get the call in April. But he also added that you can defer 3 months to the next intake if it's too soon. He also told me alot of recruits from last year were sent up to the boarder region, so (Brexit)
    What did yours say ?

Surely you can't just defer for the reason that it's too soon :) Thought if you defer there is chance they could drop you from the recruitment drive

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

What did yours say ?

Any chance he gave you an idea of when you would meet the super?

userunkown wrote: »
    Any chance he gave you an idea of when you would meet the super?

He said in about a week or so, if he is able to.

• Advertisement

I've just to meet the super, had PCT last week. Medical on Thursday and I'm OOM 53. The OOM doesn't seem to matter as there was people at my PCT with mid 300s.

My medical is thursday too!

Advertisement