Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

You'll be grand. I did mine last week and was 26. They said that was absolutely fine.

Thats unusual I heard of a few having to come back after having to lose the extra weight . Did they use the callipers on you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Thats unusual I heard of a few having to come back after having to lose the extra weight . Did they use the callipers on you ?

I've had feedback that no calipers are used but a digital BMI meter is used. Its a digital device you hold and squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linenbasket

No they didn't use callipers. Both nurse and doctor said my weight was fine. I am tall and fit and do not look like I am over weight.(bmi 26 says I am though lol) . I think once you are under 30 bmi and obviously not carrying a huge amount of weight you are okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

I've had feedback that no calipers are used but a digital BMI meter is used. Its a digital device you hold and squeeze.

Yeah is right heard they use them aswel ,well I'd still try your best to get under the bmi unless your mostly muscle mass ha

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Have physical and medical done and completed, but have yet to have the super meeting.
    Anyone in the same position or have to ring their station to get their super meeting?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

I assume you can just wear normal clothes for the medical? Can anyone confirm please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Just had the call to come in for interview at my local station tomorrow morning, does this mean background checks are done? All my family are outside of Ireland so I'm worried it will slow things done. Only other part I have done is send back my GP letter

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Jecz wrote: »
    Just had the call to come in for interview at my local station tomorrow morning, does this mean background checks are done? All my family are outside of Ireland so I'm worried it will slow things done. Only other part I have done is send back my GP letter

Is this your first interview in your local station?

If so, you will only meet the Sargent tomorrow he will go through the file and then you will get another call when local vetting is complete to come in and meet Super

paddyCPW wrote: »
    Is this your first interview in your local station?

If so, you will only meet the Sargent tomorrow he will go through the file and then you will get another call when local vetting is complete to come in and meet Super

First one yeah, he is hoping the super is available but thinks he is away. What sort of stuff do they ask?

First one yeah, he is hoping the super is available but thinks he is away. What sort of stuff do they ask?

It really is just a general chat, they may ask you question relating to your vetting/why you want to become a guard etc.. all very general anyway and not to be worried about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

just sent in my GP letter on Friday. It has to be with them by early March. Anyone got any clue when the PCT might be???

Yeah is right heard they use them aswel ,well I'd still try your best to get under the bmi unless your mostly muscle mass ha

Haha definitely not all muscle but im hovering between under 25BMI and over. Like 24.8 and 25.4. Still should be ok though i do look overweight at all.

userunkown wrote: »
    Have physical and medical done and completed, but have yet to have the super meeting.
    Anyone in the same position or have to ring their station to get their super meeting?
    Thanks

I'm in the same boat! I rang my local sgt yesterday as I met with her back in Nov and she confirmed my file went up to the super last week so i should hear in the next 2 weeks in relation to meeting with him....might be worth a call to your local sgt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

I'm in the same boat! I rang my local sgt yesterday as I met with her back in Nov and she confirmed my file went up to the super last week so i should hear in the next 2 weeks in relation to meeting with him....might be worth a call to your local sgt.

I'm surprised they are putting you on the long finger tbh. I met my super in December and he told me that he'd been told to get it done ASAP.

It really is just a general chat, they may ask you question relating to your vetting/why you want to become a guard etc.. all very general anyway and not to be worried about

Hi, it was very straight forward like you said. I have my meeting with the superintendent tomorrow, is that along the same lines?

Hi, it was very straight forward like you said. I have my meeting with the superintendent tomorrow, is that along the same lines?

Yeah exactly the same, however he may ask a few more questions. Again, it's not something to be worry about.

I'm shocked at how fast this recruitment process is going, I'm from June 2017 and it wasn't this fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I'm shocked at how fast this recruitment process is going, I'm from June 2017 and it wasn't this fast.

I think they need numbers to fill intakes in April and July. Seeing how someone from 2018 got an offer in the April one, they probably needed to move it along because they had spaces for April.

bottar1 wrote: »
    I think they need numbers to fill intakes in April and July. Seeing how someone from 2018 got an offer in the April one, they probably needed to move it along because they had spaces for April.

Yeah, I say your spot on there.

I'm surprised they are putting you on the long finger tbh. I met my super in December and he told me that he'd been told to get it done ASAP.

I actually got a call this morning from my local inspector and I am due to meet him tomorrow. Medical scheduled for next thursday so i am really hoping it progressing things nicely for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Anyone have the highest rough OOM that's been called from 2018(campaign) for any part of stage 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Anyone have the highest rough OOM that's been called from 2018(campaign) for any part of stage 4?

260s PCT tomorrow, no local station meetings yet.

I am [snipped] i think. the local sergeant came to my house. Vetting is done. GP letter sent in awaiting physical date. He said April or October for me but hes pushing for April.

I am 300's. Like 349 i think. the local sergeant came to my house. Vetting is done. GP letter sent in awaiting physical date. He said April or October for me but hes pushing for April.

intakes this year as per garda.ie are 23rd April, 15th July and 16th December

The sergeant said 6 months after the April intake.

I am 300's. Like 349 i think. the local sergeant came to my house. Vetting is done. GP letter sent in awaiting physical date. He said April or October for me but hes pushing for April.

He went to your house?? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

CZ 453 wrote: »

I had very low 400's after the interview and have everything done (pct, medical, sergeant, super).

He did indeed at 7pm on Friday evening I might add. Im starting to think I should have asked to see his ID

bottar1 wrote: »
    I had very low 400's after the interview and have everything done (pct, medical, sergeant, super).

Thats brilliant!!! how random is this whole process though. The OOM does not seem to matter at all.

• Advertisement

Thats brilliant!!! how random is this whole process though. The OOM does not seem to matter at all.

It doesnt really, its all down to your local station and how fast they process your paperwork I believe. I am OOM 56 I am only meeting inspector tomorrow. PCT done..medical next week...

Advertisement