Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Got my email today to attend the fitness test on April 5th!!! Ahhh!!. Anybody else travelling up from Waterford way and fancy some company :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

Fitness test @ 9.00 on 5th april :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Goodluck to everyone going for the fitness exam, I had mine yesterday and passed! Delighted :) If anyone has any Q's feel free to shoot me a PM. Just remember, there's nothing that hasn't already been said in this thread and on the day your worst enemy is your own mind. I found the instructors really helpful and even motivating, I was struggling a little with the push pull and he was basically screaming at me to go harder haha.

If you're prepared and trained you'll be fine. 100%. Out of the group I was with everyone who said they did some training - passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Holeymoley11

Smallboy wrote: »
    Goodluck to everyone going for the fitness exam, I had mine yesterday and passed! Delighted :) If anyone has any Q's feel free to shoot me a PM. Just remember, there's nothing that hasn't already been said in this thread and on the day your worst enemy is your own mind. I found the instructors really helpful and even motivating, I was struggling a little with the push pull and he was basically screaming at me to go harder haha.

If you're prepared and trained you'll be fine. 100%. Out of the group I was with everyone who said they did some training - passed.

Well done man . It’s all in the stance and you just give it everything !!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Just received my gp form now has to be signed by April 5th! Any luck for your daughter did she get one too ?? As for everyone else how long roughly was anyone waiting after they sent back the GP for a date for the fitness 4 or 5 weeks?

Yeah she got it yesterday too. It varies a lot, I saw someone post a couple of months ago that they got a weeks notice and have also seen others still waiting for a date so there’s no pattern unfortunately. Up the level on the training just in case !!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know at what point they look for medical files from GP, is it only if you pass the fitness test ?

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Yeah she got it yesterday too. It varies a lot, I saw someone post a couple of months ago that they got a weeks notice and have also seen others still waiting for a date so there’s no pattern unfortunately. Up the level on the training just in case !!

I got my GP form at the end of January and had my physical yesterday. I was waiting roughly 5-6 weeks

Does anyone know at what point they look for medical files from GP, is it only if you pass the fitness test ?

In the physical you're asked to bring your original GP form and they take it from you on the day.
    In the medical then if you've anything the doctor should know about you bring it to them.

In the physical you're asked to bring your original GP form and they take it from you on the day.
    In the medical then if you've anything the doctor should know about you bring it to them.

I thought they contact your GP at some stage to get all medical files ? She had an operation 2 years ago but has been signed off on it and has a letter from consultant to state this too. She had a different GP as a child though so assume it’s the current GP they contact ? Well done on passing the fitness test, must be a huge relief

Thanks Henry. Very much so. I passed yesterday at 1500 hours and got an email this morning inviting me to take the medical. Very excited lmao, it's getting close!

• Advertisement

Thanks Henry. Very much so. I passed yesterday at 1500 hours and got an email this morning inviting me to take the medical. Very excited lmao, it's getting close!

Fantastic, delighted for you, when is your medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

I thought they contact your GP at some stage to get all medical files ? She had an operation 2 years ago but has been signed off on it and has a letter from consultant to state this too. She had a different GP as a child though so assume it’s the current GP they contact ? Well done on passing the fitness test, must be a huge relief

Henry they ask you to bring any documents to the medical. So if she has a letter signing her off that should do it !

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Hi all

I have done both fitness and medical - passed - buy I have not had interview with local inspector, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Waestrel wrote: »
    Hi all

I have done both fitness and medical - passed - buy I have not had interview with local inspector, is this normal?

This is usually down to the speed of background check being passed from local sgt to inspector. If you've lots of family or even some run ins with the cops it can slow it a bit. Or if the inspector/sgt has a lot on. At least that's what I was told.

Hi all, Has anybody had to re arrange the fitness test day? Is it possible? I work for the emergency services and only get 2 weeks notice on my shifts. The same day I got the call for the fitness is the same day I got my rota and sods law I'm on nights!! I'm trying to get the shift off or swapped but it's not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tutiefruite

Jecz wrote: »
    Hi all, Has anybody had to re arrange the fitness test day? Is it possible? I work for the emergency services and only get 2 weeks notice on my shifts. The same day I got the call for the fitness is the same day I got my rota and sods law I'm on nights!! I'm trying to get the shift off or swapped but it's not looking good

Ya a girl I know went back and asked for a later date. She was originally given 29th March and it was changed to the 5th April for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Ya I had mine scheduled for the 15th of March but had a wedding and they moved me to the 22th.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

The only thing is you might want to send them a copy of your roster for that period/find out when the next PCTs are, because while they can rearrange, if the next one you're offered doesn't suit it's tough luck.

I take it you're with the NAS and non-rostered? Wondering if you could talk to your LA/core - because they have the rosters for eight weeks - maybe you could work something out around upcoming fitness test dates, if you speak to AGS HRM and find out when they are?

Elliot192 wrote: »
    The only thing is you might want to send them a copy of your roster for that period/find out when the next PCTs are, because while they can rearrange, if the next one you're offered doesn't suit it's tough luck.

All sorted, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Elliot192 wrote: »

All sorted, thanks.

Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

Does getting a call from the local Seargent mean your vetting is complete?

I got the call a few weeks ago and he said he would call me back to arrange it, but hasn't been in touch yet, so I called HRM and they said there was vetting still outstanding.

So just wondering where I stand now

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Gadaves wrote: »
    Does getting a call from the local Seargent mean your vetting is complete?

I got the call a few weeks ago and he said he would call me back to arrange it, but hasn't been in touch yet, so I called HRM and they said there was vetting still outstanding.

So just wondering where I stand now

No. Your local station isn’t going to send your local vetting back until they have met with you.
    I’d get in contact with the sgt that called you to set up the meeting.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    No. Your local station isn’t going to send your local vetting back until they have met with you.
    I’d get in contact with the sgt that called you to set up the meeting.

Sound thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Hi all, did anyone complete interviews in February? Have any of Ye heard anything yet?

Hi all, did anyone complete interviews in February? Have any of Ye heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

I had my interview in Feb & got email yesterday looking for more info on relations-I’ve sent everything in they’ve asked for so at a loss... I’ll be ringing them this morning!

Tmac35 wrote: »
    I had my interview in Feb & got email yesterday looking for more info on relations-I’ve sent everything in they’ve asked for so at a loss... I’ll be ringing them this morning!

Ok I did it in Feb and I haven’t heard a thing. I placed quiet high on the Order of Merit so I’m wondering would that have something to do with it. Kinda in limbo at the moment

Ok I did it in Feb and I haven’t heard a thing. I placed quiet high on the Order of Merit so I’m wondering would that have something to do with it. Kinda in limbo at the moment

As in you haven't been called for anything else? I've been called for Sgt. Nothing else. Interviewed Feb as well.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    As in you haven't been called for anything else? I've been called for Sgt. Nothing else. Interviewed Feb as well.

No absolutely nothing haven’t heard from anyone and it’s nearly 6 weeks ago! Where did you get in the merits im in the 800’s

• Advertisement

No absolutely nothing haven’t heard from anyone and it’s nearly 6 weeks ago! Where did you get in the merits im in the 800’s

600's

Advertisement