Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Haha sure why not, when everything you have is either given to you for free by the state or robbed then why the hell not ask for more, they couldn't give a monkeys, they have no shame whatsoever.

And you know what, their demands will be met and me and you will have the pleasure of paying for it.

But forget about them, the state should have cut them adrift years ago but instead they've done everything possible to facilitate these creatures. So it's a mess of our own creation and no political party is going to address it in any meaningful way, so jut carry on with your day, not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Sure why not round them up and put them in a ghetto, make them wear a star to separate them, maybe even gas them after awhile.
    You do realize the nonsense you are spouting is akin to Goebbels, but hey, they are only travellers so it's ok on Boards right ?

Terribly insulting post to real sufferers of systematic racism.
    The anti Semitism of the left bubbles to the surface again.

You should visit Dachau or Auschwitz and cop on to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Shouldn't be allowed to keep horses (or any animal for that matter) in the first place.

The ISPCA need to start making inquires into animal welfare on halting sites.

I lived beside a halting site years ago and I must say they treated the horses better then some of the non travelers in the area that had horses.
    They also had the ISPCA call out to them a lot because of reports but there was never anything wrong.

I think most of the bad treatment of the horses is in and around Dublin and most of them aren't travelers doing it. I see them all the time around Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Ballymun etc. tied up to a fence in a tiny patch of grass, the poor things even look depressed. If I could help them out in any way at all I would.

Is that the best you can do? If you want to accuse me of something then just do it.

'Inbred welfare rats' ????? Nice one.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Omackeral wrote: »
    Cool. You make up some of the 20% so... and I'm being very liberal with that figure.

In the interest of fairness, I too have had had some good banter and interactions with Travellers through my job. Also, in the interest of fairness, I should probably state that I work in a prison.

:mad::mad::mad: And I suppose you don't provide a place for their horses there either.:eek::eek:

Edit maybe in the beef burgers.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sure why not round them up and put them in a ghetto, make them wear a star to separate them, maybe even gas them after awhile.
    You do realize the nonsense you are spouting is akin to Goebbels, but hey, they are only travellers so it's ok on Boards right ?
    If a Traveler family chose to come in from the cold, they will get a home, their children will get free education, they will all get free healthcare and other supports as well. Many Traveller families did just that down the years. Don't recall Goebbels offering any of that to the Untermensch. So your comparison is cack handed and hysterical.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

We have a homeless problem which is fueled by the problem caused by "entitled" people of this country. People who have never worked a day in their lives, who sit at home all day not contributing to society, or the ones that work cash in hand and still claim everything they are "entitled" to. Basically the waste of space community of Ireland.
    If the government sorted out all the "entitled" bullsh1t and took their houses off them because the don't deserve it (in some cases) and actually give it to people that do deserve it. I bet you if this was done we would end up with hundreds of extra houses.

Bit different though -this crew have been on Cabra bridge for decades

The council wanted them off it, probably going to open an interpretative centre

https://bit.ly/2NtVYwD

Historic Cabra Bridge, situated midway between Thurles town and the Yellowlough in Holycross will remain intact once members of the travelling community have been housed in a newly constructed closeby estate, members of the Templemore Thurles Municipal District have been informed.

The bridge has been occupied for many years by the family and the proposal to rehouse the family has been in the pipeline for many years

I lived beside a halting site years ago and I must say they treated the horses better then some of the non travelers in the area that had horses.
    They also had the ISPCA call out to them a lot because of reports but there was never anything wrong.

I think most of the bad treatment of the horses is in and around Dublin and most of them aren't travelers doing it. I see them all the time around Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Ballymun etc. tied up to a fence in a tiny patch of grass, the poor things even look depressed. If I could help them out in any way at all I would.

animated-laughing-image-0187.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Wibbs wrote: »
    If a Traveler family chose to come in from the cold, they will get a home, their children will get free education, they will all get free healthcare and other supports as well. Many Traveller families did just that down the years. Don't recall Goebbels offering any of that to the Untermensch. So your comparison is cack handed and hysterical.

Because of one fleeting statement ?
    haha i don't think so, and you have chosen to totally miss the point, either through ignorance or stupidity. The fact you have liked many discriminating posts on this thread proves you are biased, which is shameful given your position of power.

Wibbs wrote: »

Hmmm, but certain classes of people have been labelled as 'rats' in this thread. Now we aren't going to send people to the incinerator in 21st century Ireland, but its still unsettling to see such terms bandied about so easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭removed2

the stone wall at the front cost $80,000

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Meanwhile back in the real world, we have a homeless problem.

It's an entitlement problem first and foremost

haha i don't think so, and you have chosen to totally miss the point, either through ignorance or stupidity. The fact you have liked many discriminating posts on this thread proves you are biased, which is shameful given your position of power.

It proves he has a pair of eyes.
    Jesus the state is not only bending over backwards for these people it is doing cartwheels.

I want a BMW but I will cry discrimination if it does not have a minibar in the back.
    I do not know if your posts are serious or a windup.

Purpose built houses during a homeless crisis but no not good enough no place to put their illegal animals.

Get a grip honestly.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Surely if you want animals you pay for them yourself, if you can’t afford land for a cow you don’t get one. The state paying to house privately owned animals is preposterous and absolutely ridiculous. They should be told take the homes or off housing lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gctest50 wrote: »
    The council are pulling a scam and have been caught

300,000 to build ?

Would you pay say.... 450 for one of these yokes in the middle of the bog like ?
    Land, services , other associated costs etc I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Would travelling not also be part of their culture?

They've lived on the same spot for 50 years

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I highly doubt anyone on here is going go advocate for non travellers in housing estates to be allowed keep horses at their houses either to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Your inane comparison blew up in your face. Your point not so much flew over his head, as you would try convince yourself, but fell well short of his feet, where it now sits forlorn on the floor, like a congealing, wet, warm דרעק*

You were put over a proverbial knee and soundly trashed.

*to continue with your analogy

These threads a few of us come on and let off some steam and others defend the indefensible but it is only a message board.

Meanwhile back in the real world €450,000 per family and it's rejected just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Stable them at the glue factory
    i live near one of those and it's sad to cycle past it, they have horses grazing in the field next to it (fattening them up) and you can see the sores and scars from neglect and abuse on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Hmmm, but certain classes of people have been labelled as 'rats' in this thread. Now we aren't going to send people to the incinerator in 21st century Ireland, but its still unsettling to see such terms bandied about so easily.

rats keep themselves clean, build their own burrows, find their own food and raise their own kids

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

These threads a few of us come on and let off some steam and others defend the indefensible but it is only a message board.

Meanwhile back in the real world €450,000 per family and it's rejected just wow.

Aah now In fairness they should be given what they want plus a horse box and jeep for transporting them after all it's part of their culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I'd say the land (if provided) will be shared by horses, dogs and CARAVANS galore in time!

Anyway, as an ordinary person who does not qualify for ANY State benefits whatsoever I really hope that those who get up in the morning and go out and fund all this entitlement bullsh!t get a look in from the Government very soon, else there will be a Vive La Revolucion or something. We will rise up, the pendulum has tilted far too far towards the entitlement cohort now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭removed2

they are only asking for 3 acres,
    buy that for 30k
    throw up a few stables 10k
    problem solved

removed2 wrote: »
    they are only asking for 3 acres,
    buy that for 30k
    throw up a few stables 10k
    problem solved

They should club together and buy it themselves so if it is so handy. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Icsics wrote: »
    We'll looks like they're more interested in accommodation for their horses

Boom. Post of the thread.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I wonder if it's possible to "identify" as a Traveller.

Being handed a 300 grand house complete with stables and a half acre of land is mighty appealing. :rolleyes:

The horses will end up in the houses, and the Travellers will be in caravans on the half acre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Being handed a 300 grand house complete with stables and a half acre of land is mighty appealing. :rolleyes:

I don't see why not to be honest, you can decide to identify as a different sex these days, don't see why we should draw the line at ethnicity

• Advertisement

You won't be saying that when you get a look at your neighbours boss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement