Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭removed2

Vermin , I mean What about the Vermin these animals will bring. You can't have animals living in housing estates
    reported for foul language

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

A picture is worth a thousand words as they say.
    Why don't you toddle along and engage with these fine folks?

Do come back and enthral us all with the tales of merriment pink bunny rabbits and rainbows your encounter.

Have done and surely will many times again.

Would ye imagine that!

Getting to know and taking a kind view of people based on who they are as individuals and not holding opinions of them based solely on consensus regarding their collective identity.

Fúckin mindblowing stuff, isn't it?!

P_1 wrote: »
    350k to build a house anywhere is madness. Serious questions need to be asked there. Should cost 120k each to build max
    look at the fooking stone at the front wall,
    the most expensive machine cut llimestone on the market
    wtf
    edit; sorry cant post image

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shame we don't have a taste for horse meat like the French, Italians and others. Wandering horses problem would be solved. It really is nice.

salmocab wrote: »
    Does the 350k include the land? If it does then a clever farmer got top dollar for his land and fair play to him, if it doesn’t then the council need to look at the procurement dept.
    if it was my land i'd just give it free to the county council so everyone is happy

edit: i mean the extra 3 acres they need for the horses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

removed2 wrote: »

Are you taking the piss or what? Stick to the thread .. what’s your views on travellers wanting land and stables on top of their free solar paneled 5 and 3 bedroom houses ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

wtf

80k for the wall apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

So you're saying since we have already wasted €20 million whats €1.7 million more.;)

It's about a billion euros a year - parasites on parasites

The State is currently funding some 220 treatment and rehabilitation community drugs projects via the HSE.

The Department of Health supports a further 100 community drugs prevention projects

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's about horses, not hens or ducks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Getting to know and taking a kind view of people based on who they are as individuals and not holding opinions of them based solely on consensus regarding their collective identity.

Fúckin mindblowing stuff, isn't it?!

I hold entrenched conclusions on them based on my personal experience spanning many years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

if it was my land i'd just give it free to the county council so everyone is happy

edit: i mean the extra 3 acres they need for the horses

tenor.gif?itemid=7402019

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

wtf

It's a lovely wall though :P

3ksdif3.jpg

Government contracts one thing.
    If the builder is providing quotes like that in a competitive economy his business will be knackered before long.
    ha i know it's what stands out to me cos i was a stonewaller during the celtic tiger,
    for a customer i woulda done that wall for 16k
    for a cc 22k

but this is 80k

doesnt add up

gctest50 wrote: »
    It's a lovely wall though :P

the Great Wall of Tipperary

ps i only heard on the radio it cost 80k, no other proof,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Drone shot of the site here, there's a load of roadways, footpaths, lighting drainage etc gone into that site (as the council are probably obliged to provide)

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1049361084224815105

doylefe wrote: »
    They had a "vox pop" on Newstalk earlier to get the reactions of locals. While all said the travellers should accept the houses as they are, it was surprising to me how many of the people interviewed were also in social housing or on the housing list.

One woman going on about how they are looking for a new house because thier current free house is beside the road and they don't like it.

What the fook is going on here.

it's like a twilight zone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Drone shot of the site here, there's a load of roadways, footpaths, lighting drainage etc gone into that site (as the council are probably obliged to provide)

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1049361084224815105
    Plenty of room in those back gardens for them to build their own stables, at their own....

...oh...

expense...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus. Solar panels. They’re getting free electricity too...

endacl wrote: »

Are you trying to tell us they were paying for it before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I hold entrenched conclusions on them based on my personal experience spanning many years.

trenches are nasty blind holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gctest50 wrote: »
    Please point out how spending 200 million on methadone is a benefit to society as a whole

If you do not know that you need help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

How much would it cost to house the horses?

How can these or their supporters say with a straight face that we should spend the money housing horses before people?

Where do the raise the roof crowd stand on this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

They'd make handy sunbeds down in the parlour.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

It's possible I missed them but I didn't spot any stables across the road on the halting site where they are now....

Where are they keeping the horses....

doylefe wrote: »
    80k for the wall apparently.
    thats what i heard aswell on newstalk, i belive from a Tipp county Councillor,
    do people even realise the price of stone
    hint, it's not a rare metal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It’s time to organise a protest at Tipperary County Council (formerly Thurles Town Council) offices at Matthew Avenue/Castle Avenue Thurles calling for these houses to be allocated to the most needy of the 900 applicants. Their offices are just up the road from Thurles train station. Nothing will change if we don’t stand up now! We’ll just be squeezed for more and more. It’s not fair that people on disability allowance and low incomes are coming bottom of the list in this country when it comes to social housing. Meanwhile those who choose a lifestyle of living on benefit and/or commit crimes are given what they want at the expense of those who work and pay taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

At least the driveways will be spotless :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Are you trying to tell us they were paying for it before?

Have you info to prove otherwise? If so post it please. If not stop posting ****e.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Let it go. Grace’s reality is not really anything like ‘reality’ reality. And when she’s asked a simple question that contradicts her position, such as that one, she’ll suddenly have to go to bed because she’s tired. Or make some jam. Or walk the bees...

I was just about to log off boards after reading this thread cause I can't take it anymore but then I read this one last post and I'm right as rain again. Walk the Bees! Hahahahaha!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement