Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

You do realise you are defending social housing coming with half an acre and stables, don't you ???

Or criticising a local authority for providing (free) social housing , without a 1/2 acre and stables....

You'd have to despair for this country and the b0110x we entertain from freeloaders and their enablers and advocates.

If those horses arent registered, then they have no horses. Thetefore no horse "entitlement". Fcuk off.
    Housing crisis my hoop. Its a tack, sladdlery and stable crisis we have.

Id love a big fcuking massive dog in my mortgaged to the hilt house, I'm paying for. I grew up with dogs, always had a dog... Its almost cultural.
    But my house is too small for a big dog so we have a cnut of a cat. C'est la vie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Id love a big fcuking massive dog in my mortgaged to the hilt house, I'm paying for. I grew up with dogs, always had a dog... Its almost cultural.
    But my house is too small for a big dog so we have a cnut of a cat. C'est la vie

Cats are such kunts alright. *sympathises*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

You do realise you are defending social housing coming with half an acre and stables, don't you ???

Brings new meaning to the term council estate: edging toward the old landed estate, complete with summer residence and walled garden

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

zapitastas wrote: »
    Brings new meaning to the term council estate: edging toward the old landed estate, complete with summer residence and walled garden

Pray silence for His Excellency the Baronet John "I'll Fight Ye and Every Bastard Man of Ye" McDonough......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

So the next person on the list will accept the house.If he prefers to live
    an a caravan with a house outside , thats up to him.
    Whether his children be happy to stay there is another matter .
    I don,t think the council will allow a tenant to keep horses or any large animal in the back garden .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It absolutely sickens my stomach to see people who don't contribute anything to the economy/country get rewarded with a property I could never afford,kitted out with all mod cons don't forget, these houses have solar panels on the roof also..

Be it travellers or non,

I'm working for 25 years,mid income,one kid,no horses,12 yr old car, I could maybe afford a house half of what these houses are.

Every day this sheet sickens my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Graces7 wrote: »
    Maybe because they have children who need decent accommodation. Your "them" includes women and children.

This isn't lifeboats on the titanic. The women are just as capable of getting a job.

Or not as in the case of certain groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

This isn't lifeboats on the titanic. The women are just as capable of getting a job.

Or not as in the case of certain groups.

Exactly, lumping women in with children in this day and age is ridiculously sexist and demeaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ah Travellers. Its the 99% that give the 1% a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

EVERY SINGLE THREAD without exception, that is about a specific Traveller or group of Travellers descends into an all out hatefest, straight up generalisations and rarely if ever anything other than across the board discrimination.

Not saying it's right but what do you say to the fact that the vast, vast majority on here have had nothing but negative dealings with Travellers? Nearly everyone has a bad opinion of them or a bad experience when they've come across them. Why is that? Are they all wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

This is a disgrace, they were offered a house, they declined it.
    Put them straight to the bottom of the list and make them wait a few years again. Bet they wont decline the house the next time they are offered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

I am so sick of the whinging of the 'entitled' classes & their PBP apologists in this joke of a country! The only thing these phukkers contribute to the country is litter, crime stats & a never ending cycle of inbred welfare rats. They are nothing short of parasites.
    And to think that they've been given ethnic status! We really do deserve what we get in this country when we continually vote in the same idiot politicians who granted them said status. Just what did they do to deserve such properties? How much tax, PRSI & USC do they pay? Absolute welfare rats! People dying on the streets with more undoubtedly to follow & money is wasted on these leeches. No wonder the country is in the state it's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Sickening for anybody who has to slave to afford to buy a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not saying it's right but what do you say to the fact that the vast, vast majority on here have had nothing but negative dealings with Travellers? Nearly everyone has a bad opinion of them or a bad experience when they've come across them. Why is that? Are they all wrong?[/QUOT

I would question your *vast, vast majority on here* is that this thread, or boards in general, what type of numbers or percentage ? Also, going by some of the moronic posts in this thread, i would question the validity of the complaints.

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I would question your *vast, vast majority on here* is that this thread, or boards in general, what type of numbers or percentage ? Also, going by some of the moronic posts in this thread, i would question the validity of the complaints.

You'd be wrong. If you asked 100 people on Boards or in real life about their experiences with Travellers or their opinions on Travellers, you'd get mostly negative responses. At least 80%, if not more. Their reputation didn't just conjure itself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tringle wrote: »
    I'm quite local to this and know some of the individuals. Negotiations begun maybe 8 years ago and the horses and land where always part of the deal, much more so than the size of the houses or other facilities. The council.always knew this, I can't understand why they didn't follow through, I thought that had been agreed at the beginning.

Tipperary County Council has categorically denied that any agreement was made to provide accommodation for horses at six new homes they built for members of the Travelling community https://t.co/LTo3Rq2F8N

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Omackeral wrote: »
    You'd be wrong. If you asked 100 people on Boards or in real life about their experiences with Travellers or their opinions on Travellers, you'd get mostly negative responses. At least 80%, if not more. Their reputation didn't just conjure itself up.
    I must say I’ve had quite a few positive experiences with several travellers I know. That said, if you met them, you wouldn’t know they were travellers. They have jobs, pay for stuff etc.

Their culture isn’t a collection of behaviours. I’ve had less positive experiences with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

what do they actually do with their live stock :confused: i sort of get amish like in US but this is hills have eyes more like scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I am so sick of the whinging of the 'entitled' classes & their PBP apologists in this joke of a country! The only thing these phukkers contribute to the country is litter, crime stats & a never ending cycle of inbred welfare rats. They are nothing short of parasites.
    And to think that they've been given ethnic status! We really do deserve what we get in this country when we continually vote in the same idiot politicians who granted them said status. Just what did they do to deserve such properties? How much tax, PRSI & USC do they pay? Absolute welfare rats! People dying on the streets with more undoubtedly to follow & money is wasted on these leeches. No wonder the country is in the state it's in.

Sure why not round them up and put them in a ghetto, make them wear a star to separate them, maybe even gas them after awhile.
    You do realize the nonsense you are spouting is akin to Goebbels, but hey, they are only travellers so it's ok on Boards right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

You want land and stables pay for it yourself. Otherwise stfu and take what you are given and have a bit of appreciation and humility. Sick of travellers and their constant victimhood. We do enough for them as it is, they should be forced to take responsibility for their own lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Tipperary County Council has categorically denied that any agreement was made to provide accommodation for horses at six new homes they built for members of the Travelling community https://t.co/LTo3Rq2F8N

The council are pulling a scam and have been caught

300,000 to build ?

Would you pay say.... 450 for one of these yokes in the middle of the bog like ?

The new houses have cost in the region of €300,000 each to construct

https://bit.ly/2PmEQe0

YLHfL4M.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

We have a homeless problem and we know these houses will be wrecked in no time.
    The only accommodation that should be provided by the state for these people is prison places.

As for their horses, God help the poor things.:(

Sure why not round them up and put them in a ghetto, make them wear a star to separate them, maybe even gas them after awhile.
    You do realize the nonsense you are spouting is akin to Goebbels, but hey, they are only travellers so it's ok on Boards right ?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGGX4kkC_17SLaEUQ4QwNqbz5ER6beUNMchm05SI7bC9DgxS2u

Meanwhile back in the real world, we have a homeless problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Shouldn't be allowed to keep horses (or any animal for that matter) in the first place.

The ISPCA need to start making inquires into animal welfare on halting sites.

Shouldn't be allowed to keep horses (or any animal for that matter) in the first place.

The ISPCA need to start making inquires into animal welfare on halting sites.

Different strokes for different folks and the apologists try to lecture us all on equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Is that the best you can do? If you want to accuse me of something then just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd like a bigger house with a garage and a bigger garden and I'd like it for free.

endacl wrote: »
    I must say I’ve had quite a few positive experiences with several travellers I know.

Cool. You make up some of the 20% so... and I'm being very liberal with that figure.

In the interest of fairness, I too have had had some good banter and interactions with Travellers through my job. Also, in the interest of fairness, I should probably state that I work in a prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

We have a homeless problem which is fueled by the problem caused by "entitled" people of this country. People who have never worked a day in their lives, who sit at home all day not contributing to society, or the ones that work cash in hand and still claim everything they are "entitled" to. Basically the waste of space community of Ireland.
    If the government sorted out all the "entitled" bullsh1t and took their houses off them because the don't deserve it (in some cases) and actually give it to people that do deserve it. I bet you if this was done we would end up with hundreds of extra houses.
    I know plenty of these people that do this and it boils my blood seeing Instagram and Facebook posts of them at home doing sweet F all every day or out with their kids all the time, while others (like myself) are out working their arses off and paying most their salary in childcare and not seeing their kids except in the morning and the afternoon, because they have no other choice, and still have to try to come up with the money for rent or a mortgage if you are lucky enough.

• Advertisement

I take it you have friends in that community and you live right next to a halting site?
    I love the freedom to express an opinion but when you post ridiculous gibberish you do yourself no favours.
    Honest to God.:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement