Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I might as well keep to the spirit of the thread.
    The middle class people of this country are all w4nkers, all of them, no exceptions.
    Am I doing it right?

Maybe some are. They along with some of the working class and upper class are keeping the dole heads above water.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

what I don't really understand is why travellers are treated by the state with a kind of guilt ridden deference. It's like they are Ireland's version of the North American Indian populations and the settled community stole their lands and perpetrated massacres on them and therefore they are given special treatment and dispensations as a form of reparations not afforded to the rest of society.

Deaf people (ISL users) were/ are treated worse than travellers in this State yet we get on with things .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

To all the internet heroes on here defending these "travellers", your namby pamby BS and handling of these people with kid gloves, is exactly the reason they are the way they are.

You would change your tune very quickly if a halting site was permanantly landed beside your home.
    A life of locked doors,smashed windows and dogs abuse is what you would be looking forward to.

Keep your right-on pontificating to yourselves until you have experienced these vermin in action first hand.

Mod note: banned for abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

mikemac2 wrote: »
    They spent €465,000 on a house in Ballina and while Tipp is most desirable county in Ireland :cool: that was still a ridiculous price, even at Celtic Tiger levels. Maybe that’s a normal price in Dublin not Tipp. Protests were held regarding the traveller family getting the house. In the end it “mysteriously” burned down so nobody moved him......

The house was burnt down by the locals but then rebuilt by the council at extra cost to the tax payer and the traverllers still ended up moving in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Many people would kill to have houses like that these people make me sick they really do why are they never happy with what they're offered especially when its a damn site better then what others have to put up with far too much entitled garbage in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You would have to ask who sanctioned that contract for 5 houses at such out of the ordinary unit costs and what their relationship is to those awarded the contract..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Uncharted wrote: »
    To all the internet heroes on here defending these "travellers", your namby pamby BS and handling of these people with kid gloves, is exactly the reason they are the way they are.

You would change your tune very quickly if a halting site was permanantly landed beside your home.
    A life of locked doors,smashed windows and dogs abuse is what you would be looking forward to.

Keep your right-on pontificating to yourselves until you have experienced these vermin in action first hand.

you can be absolutely sure of that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Mrs Cash is due on Claire Byrne tonight, assume hard questions will be asked!

This is great news. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Middle class people are paying for this and don't have their hand out. Why would you insult them? Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Ah you assume too much, don't let my username fool you.

Why would I insult them? Sorry I thought the old tar brush was out in force. I have no interest in insulting an entire group of people but was trying to fit in is all.
    Anyway, I completely agree with the thoughts of most people here regarding the subject matter. No justification at all. But I fear id be asking too much for the discussion to be kept to said subject matter, eh?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Mrs Cash is due on Claire Byrne tonight, assume hard questions will be asked!

I don't watch Claire Byrne but I assume this is sarcasm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Icsics wrote: »
    This isn't breaking the cycle. They are getting too much for nothing. Marrying too young & having too many uncontrollable children. There are travellers in my sons class, when the girls are asked what they want to be when they grown up they say 'mommys'. And the state will finance this lifestyle choice

So the school is failing them also?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Graces7 wrote: »

How do you figure that?

So? Out on their ear the lot of them and let them pay for their own accommodation like all the families who are paying for their own homes to house their kids and paying tax through the nose to house these entitled leeches (who are also very fond of visiting taxpayers homes and businesses and robbing all around them).

What a revealing way to treat any child. shameful attitude

endacl wrote: »
    How do you figure that?

education simply. surely you know that?

BPKS wrote: »
    I recall a similar story with a new estate built for travellers in Limerick on the Dublin Road opposite Chawkes about 10 years ago. They didnt get the land and stables AFAIK.

They still help themselves with free chocolate in Chawkes and a bottle of spirits in Lidl.

What a revealing way to treat any child. shameful attitude
    Absolutely agree. The cheek of him. Suggesting that parents should work to support and provide for their children. What next? Demands that traveller parents set a good example for their kids? Instil aspirations?

Where will it end?

:(

You need to change the thread title and read the article properly.

The houses have not been rejected. The council have been asked to honour the original agreement they made with the Travellers. As the council should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

3Vv2G6v.png

Cina wrote: »
    3Vv2G6v.png

What point? You are saying that a school does not educate these children? ie teach them basics?Open their minds?

Why would I insult them? Sorry I thought the old tar brush was out in force. I have no interest in insulting an entire group of people but was trying to fit in is all.
    Anyway, I completely agree with the thoughts of most people here regarding the subject matter. No justification at all. But I fear id be asking too much for the discussion to be kept to said subject matter, eh?

Don't let your user name fool you.

At least Yosser ask for a job.

• Advertisement

education simply. surely you know that?
    Even when traveller specific services are provided, by and large it doesn’t work. Because the parents don’t value it, and can’t or won’t support it. As an indictment, St Thomas’s school in Coolock closed, with 33 pupils on the register. Guess how many were in 6th year, preparing for a Leaving Cert? Two.

There’s more chance of your cats finishing school.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That’s the spirit. Blame everyone else for their lifestyle choices, zero personal responsibility.

My bad. I though you work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

What point? You are saying that a school does not educate these children? ie teach them basics?Open their minds?

Oh that is just priceless!

Does the inside of your head sound like this? :D

YFlyer wrote: »
    Don't let your user name fool you.

At least Yosser ask for a job.

What do you mean? Was that a typo?

My bad. I though you work.

Another typo?

We had two settled travelers in our class in third class. One was 15 and the other 16. They weren't the brightest in school. However on sports day, they won all the competitions between them.

We had two settled travelers in our class in third class. One was 15 and the other 16. They weren't the brightest in school. However on sports day, they won all the competitions between them.

Were you 18?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

You need to change the thread title and read the article properly.

The houses have not been rejected. The council have been asked to honour the original agreement they made with the Travellers. As the council should.

However, the council maintains that it has provided what it said it would.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/they-want-us-to-drop-our-culture-and-throw-it-aside-traveller-families-wont-move-into-17m-homes-without-stables-and-land-37394115.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement