Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not without me horses boss. Free housing rejected

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What do you mean? Was that a typo?

I said don't let your user name fool you.

You don't work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

We're ****ing losers in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

YFlyer wrote: »
    I said don't let your user name fool you.

You don't work?

I do, yes.
    You don't run?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Were you 18?
    The two traveller kids were repeating 3rd class.*

* I know. I’m going to hell. :(

Were you 18?

Third class, 8 going on 9.

• Advertisement

You’re going to hell too!

Ah, now I get it. Last year was it?

I do, yes.
    You don't run?

I run when not flying.

endacl wrote: »
    The two traveller kids were repeating 3rd class.*

* I know. I’m going to hell. :([/QUOTE
    Oh, I got it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Cina wrote: »
    3Vv2G6v.png

It's called the 3Arena now.

But I take your point.

• Advertisement

You’re going to hell too!

:D had to go through that year to get to secondary school and university.

I run when not flying.

Ok. I run when not been a hero.

Ah, now I get it. Last year was it?

Initially I was 18. Now I'm 10. Funny you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jaysus they don't know they are born.

Back in the day the Dubs were well able to keep their horses up in their flats

Initially I was 18. Now I'm 10. Funny you are.

Thanks horse.

Ok. I run when not been a hero.

At least you work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

KrustyUCC wrote: »

"They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables," said Philip McCarthy, one of the residents at Cabragh Bridge.

"They (Tipperary County Council) changed it to a group project, like a mini-housing estate. The agreement was two stables and a half-an-acre for the horses, but they never came up with that."

But have it your way as you are intent on twisting everything to blame the travellers.. gets rather monotonous..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

cake and eat it!give nothing and expect everything

Funny you are.

Read that in a Yoda voice. Now I think you run like Yoda.

At least you work.

True enough.
    BTW I much prefer when you post in the AR forum, much more enlightened you are.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    "They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables," said Philip McCarthy, one of the residents at Cabragh Bridge.

"They (Tipperary County Council) changed it to a group project, like a mini-housing estate. The agreement was two stables and a half-an-acre for the horses, but they never came up with that."

But have it your way as you are intent on twisting everything to blame the travellers.. gets rather monotonous..

Well, that’d be hearsay from somebody who wants everything for nothing, wouldn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The council dispute that was the 'agreement'

Half an acre behind each house is a huge amount of land for the council to give away

Read that in a Yoda voice. Now I think you run like Yoda.

Or like that guy on Goodfellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Oh god, who to believe? The council, or a traveller? Which of those two is more likely to lie, I wonder?

I'd answer but the mod will probably delete my post for "insults" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sorry, that free house isn't good enough boss!

Ridiculous. Why is crap like that tolerated? Should I stop paying my mortgage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

You do realise you are defending social housing coming with half an acre and stables, don't you ???

Cina wrote: »
    Oh god, who to believe? The council, or a traveller? Which of those two is more likely to lie, I wonder?

I'd answer but the mod will probably delete my post for "insults" again.

You should do a quick google on the goings on at Wicklow CC:)

You do realise you are defending social housing coming with half an acre and stables, don't you ???
    Let it go. Grace’s reality is not really anything like ‘reality’ reality. And when she’s asked a simple question that contradicts her position, such as that one, she’ll suddenly have to go to bed because she’s tired. Or make some jam. Or walk the bees...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

"It's a load a' shy so t'is, I asked fer a ten bed so each of da childer could have half a room, and a stable for the horse spread over two.. no ... three ... four acres? I dunno.. whatever acres a football pitch is like. Da Missus has no room fer anythin' in there either now cause they did nae give me da' Pennies storage closet! So I told 'em ta go do one til we get wha' we asked for, robbin' b*stards!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Its a he said she said situation council say they are supplying what they said they would the residents don't, nobody here knows the actual truth from the article.

But regardless of that argument do you honestly think it is right that the taxes we all pay are put towards funding what is essentially an expensive hobby for some people who do not work.

I have no problem them going on the housing list like anyone else and potentially getting accommodation sorted through that. But why should anyone have council houses built with excessive land and facilities just because they want it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement