Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Feeling weird today. Not even sure in what way I feel weird, but I’m just not myself. Probably from drinking and starting up till 6 last night, but it’s such a horrible feeling :(

Welcome to THE FEAR :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Welcome to THE FEAR :eek:

F.E.A.R. https://g.co/kgs/zNgv2r

Just coz I love this chooooon and don't get to hear it enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

F.E.A.R. https://g.co/kgs/zNgv2r

Just coz I love this chooooon and don't get to hear it enough :D

Saw him at the Olympia - a lifetime ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Getting myself to the Bathroom to shower feels like a mammoth task at the moment, well and most of the time lol! And for once I'm actually feeling reasonably okay pain-wise I don't have an reasons for not doing so. Just sometimes the most basic of daily tasks seem like climbing a Mountain! Even getting out of the bed can seem paralyzing sometimes! I just need to move my ar$e, get to the Shower, and just do it! Then I'll be all refreshed and revived and can get busy and be productive for the evening and get earmarked things done. Okay I've enough whinged. I'm going now. :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chite

People (well specifically men, but will also judge anyone else who does this) who tighten the lid on a jam jar, well...too tightly. They're designed to be sufficiently tightened enough by someone with average strength, there's no need to tighten it like as if you want it to be spill-free while chucking it down the Langfossen waterfall or some sh*t...
    Do you not realise that someone else may be unable to open the jar after you, or hurt their wrist attempting to open it? I swear I'm tempted to smash the next jar with a hammer if this happens again to prove my point.

• Advertisement

I was in Dunnes this morning, they have a fantastic new bakery section including a few different types of scones, there were 3 piles of plain scones and I was heading over to get some when I spotted a man touching the back of his hand off a few in each pile.. I presume he was trying to gauge which ones were the warmest... Wtf.. His insipid looking wife was standing beside him, obviously couldn't give a ****e either that this is so unhygienic.. I won't let the kids touch anything that's not covered in the supermarket out of respect for everyone else but surely grown adults should know better.. Use the tongs and keep your filthy hands off the food ffs.. Puts me off buying anything that's not individually wrapped tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I was in Dunnes this morning, they have a fantastic new bakery section including a few different types of scones, there were 3 piles of plain scones and I was heading over to get some when I spotted a man touching the back of his hand off a few in each pile.. I presume he was trying to gauge which ones were the warmest... Wtf.. His insipid looking wife was standing beside him, obviously couldn't give a ****e either that this is so unhygienic.. I won't let the kids touch anything that's not covered in the supermarket out of respect for everyone else but surely grown adults should know better.. Use the tongs and keep your filthy hands off the food ffs.. Puts me off buying anything that's not individually wrapped tbh.

I just can't... Like that is just so GROSS!!!! I especially hate stuff left out beside a cash register because you know people are coughing or sneezing - *shudders*.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Husband pulls the handbrake on my car like he is parked on a slippy road in the Himalayas . Godsake the drive is not even on a slope .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

My nose is blocked. Holy jesus on a stick is there anything more annoying?

The worst bit isn't even the not being able to breathe - I'd say my sense of taste is running at about 15% of optimum, can't even enjoy a snack :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

New car smell. Makes me want to vom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I got the worst pizza from Domino's this evening. When they are on the ball, their pizza is amazing. My sister and I once ordered on a Sunday and got it in 20 minutes and it was like eating cheesy heaven :pac:. I was hungover so ordered the Fiesta meal deal which consisted of a medium pizza, chicken strippers and a 1.5 bottle of diet coke for €20. I had three toppings on the pizza plus extra cheese.

I was told it would be half an hour but it was an hour. The food wasn't even lukewarm and it's not like it's chinese which you can just reheat in the microwave. I didn't care about the strippers because I was just giving them to the dogs anyways and they don't have high standards when it comes to food but the pizza was made by someone who obviously doesn't give a sh!t. There wasn't enough cheese to cover the whole thing and they didn't bring it out to the edges. It looked like someone was playing the floor is lava and just covered the pizza in sauce.

My real TA: I didn't ring back and complain and get a proper order resent out. You bet I ate every bit of that disgusting, congealed monstrosity and paid €20 for the privilege. Sometimes I disgust myself :o

Another TA is that I'll probably never order from there again as they are just too hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I got the worst pizza from Domino's this evening. When they are on the ball, their pizza is amazing. My sister and I once ordered on a Sunday and got it in 20 minutes and it was like eating cheesy heaven :pac:. I was hungover so ordered the Fiesta meal deal which consisted of a medium pizza, chicken strippers and a 1.5 bottle of diet coke for €20. I had three toppings on the pizza plus extra cheese.

I was told it would be half an hour but it was an hour. The food wasn't even lukewarm and it's not like it's chinese which you can just reheat in the microwave. I didn't care about the strippers because I was just giving them to the dogs anyways and they don't have high standards when it comes to food but the pizza was made by someone who obviously doesn't give a sh!t. There wasn't enough cheese to cover the whole thing and they didn't bring it out to the edges. It looked like someone was playing the floor is lava and just covered the pizza in sauce.

My real TA: I didn't ring back and complain and get a proper order resent out. You bet I ate every bit of that disgusting, congealed monstrosity and paid €20 for the privilege. Sometimes I disgust myself :o

Another TA is that I'll probably never order from there again as they are just too hit and miss.

I was a lifelong, rabid dominos fan but they've lost me lately - their pizzas are extremely overpriced and on top of that they've had the cheek to scrap free delivery (a sacred aspect of dominos).
    Basically they've gotten too big for their boots. 'Tis a shame, used to love them but they can go **** themselves now the greedy bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The worst bit isn't even the not being able to breathe - I'd say my sense of taste is running at about 15% of optimum, can't even enjoy a snack :mad:

Otrivine, great stuff. Horrible sensation, and painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not being able to sleep despite being wrecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Not being able to sleep despite being wrecked

Here here. Hangover insomnia.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Urgh! I'm all for reduced packaging for environmental reasons, but I'm torn as I'd not buy something I can't wash out of its packaging (ie, apples, tomatoes, etc, can be washed before use - scones, not so much). I'm not sure the solution, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

We seem to be in internet offence season where everyone is offended by everything. I have offence fatigue.
    But in real life all is grand, no one seems that bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Was in Dublin over the weekend. Saw loads of 'cool' hipster types. Wearing wooly jumpers, scarves, hats, gloves, then trousers that are too short, and no socks. What's going on here? It's like having the heating on and leaving the windows open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Anxiety inducing online car insurance quotes

Related TA kind of pointless exercise as I haven't the renewal from my current crowd yet

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've got ankle boots on today. With ankle socks. But the socks keep slipping down leaving my lower calf rubbing against the neck of the boot. It is driving me nuts. But it is an extremely trivial annoyance. Maybe I'll buy some knee high socks at lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Toothache.

End thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Need to go for a run but it’s literally the last thing in the world I want to do

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was in IKEA yesterday and was waiting patiently outside the men's toilet cubicles for one to become free. Finally a door opens and a heavy set "gentleman" comes out. I can see from the door he's left the toilet in a state I can only describe as a tribute to a Jackson Pollock painting using only shades of brown, and has used enough toilet paper to build a lifesize statue of himself in paper mache. Of course he didn't flush. And he was with what I assume was his son.

I very politely asked "Could you possibly flush the toilet after you use it?" to which he goes into full on rage, squares up to me and starts screaming at me in broken English "do you think I did that?". I said "I didn't say you did but you obviously felt it ok to use it yourself and then not flush". At this stage I honestly thought he was going to hit me. Then proceeded to curse at me repeatedly in a foreign tongue before walking out without washing his or his son's hands.

I had to wait a little longer to use a toilet.........

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Was in Dublin over the weekend. Saw loads of 'cool' hipster types. Wearing wooly jumpers, scarves, hats, gloves, then trousers that are too short, and no socks. What's going on here? It's like having the heating on and leaving the windows open.

That's the price of being cool apparently. I'm not cool, but I am warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Jaysus, my mood is all over the place. Now my mood is usually up and down anyway but the last few days have been ridiculous. I went back on the pill last week so wondering if it could be that but I hadn't noticed a problem with it before. It's like every day I'm dealing with the fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had a yummy take away last night, today I have 'runny tummy' every few mins. With IBS those two are not such a strange occurrence
    I took the last of the anti 'runny tummy' tabs and will have to leave the office to get more to combat more of the same tomorrow.

TA, 1. If I mention this to him as I live with, I'll hear about it for ever(esp as this was the only asian takeaway, that does food I like), 2.Neither the house or work has a pack of those tablets in its first aid box, 3.Bet there will be a q in the chemists and of course no public toilets anywhere close to the chemists.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Clear a blocked nose by breathing in, hold your nose closed with your fingers, then make the motion of breathing out through your nose for a few seconds, and not using too much pressure, while nodding your head. Sounds daft but it will clear at least one nostril. I learnt the technique as part of breathing control to help manage asthma.
    Don't know why but it is important to nod your head several times while you try to breathe out. Using too much pressure will make your ears pop so do it fairly gently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When people expect you to be able to out for food, nights away etc at this time of the year.

NO I don't want to go and I can't afford to go so don't get the huff.

Wish Christmas was over now, with the expense and the build up that gets longer every year I'm beginning to feel like a right grinch:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People With no manners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The local people based charity dropped in envelopes for christmas donations as they do every year on Saturday afternoon.
    A note of the envelope saying it would be collected around lunchtime today, is it too much of a stretch to think that that is not enough time for people to have enough money to contribute.

I would have though that a charity with that much experience of the financial environment, would know they cant assume based on peoples address, that those people would have spare money available in such a short time frame.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement