Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think I complain about this every year but people who have themes for the Christmas tree. “What’s your theme this year” eh I dono same as every fcuking year. Worst still is those who describe their trees as looking “scandi”, stop lying it just turned out shlte and now you’re trying to pretend it’s how you wanted it to look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I think I complain about this every year but people who have themes for the Christmas tree. “What’s your theme this year” eh I dono same as every fcuking year. Worst still is those who describe their trees as looking “scandi”, stop lying it just turned out shlte and now you’re trying to pretend it’s how you wanted it to look

Christmas trees shouldn't have a theme. They should be as garish and colourful and tacky as possible and this should never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am normally a fan of Christmas but it’s getting on my tits this year already. Too early for all this messin.
    Bah hum bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

people in work who leave the cupboard opened after taking out !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Christmas trees shouldn't have a theme. They should be as garish and colourful and tacky as possible and this should never change.

My theme this year is “broke student on a Penneys budget”

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

My theme this year is “broke student on a Penneys budget”

I'm going with "miserable Grinch who hates Chriatmas"!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My Christmas Tree theme is 'Thank f*ck I got out of decorating the f*cker this year'.
    Lovely so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Yes! My flatmates bought decorations for the Christmas tree in the kitchen, and the theme is pink and blue :confused: what is the point like, at home we have loads of different colours of tinsel and baubles and different decorations and it always looks fab

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

All this talk of christmas and trees. I really hate christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Simple bathroom etiquette:

1. Squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube.
    2. Put the cap back on the toothpaste after you've used it.
    3. Replace the toilet roll when you've used the last of it.

These things annoy me when they aren't done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My Christmas Tree theme is 'Thank f*ck I got out of decorating the f*cker this year'.
    Lovely so it is.

We've decided not to put a tree up this year!

Me, my son and the lodger all democratically voted that none of us could be ar$ed to do it.

I got the grade back for one of my assignments, and it’s not as good as I expected. Looking at the feedback given, I don’t really feel that the grade is fair, based on the feedback.

On the plus side, I passed and the lecturer said I had I have potential, but I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I'm going with "miserable Grinch who hates Chriatmas"!!!!

Are you my other half:D:Dthats his theme this year too.

No theme for us but the amount of tinsel would give Liberace a blush.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,855 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No theme for us but the amount of tinsel would give Liberace a blush.

I love tinsel !
    Daughter hates my Christmas tree every year because I put tinsel on it . I suppose the fact that I put more on it to wind her up doesn't help :D

TA , I'm tired , and don't even know if I'm putting a tree up this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

This x 1,000. Christmas trees are a celebration; anyone who's getting uptight about having a "theme" or white vs coloured fairy lights is doing it wrong.

Our "theme" is multicoloured LED lights and whatever decorations come out of the box first until the point is reached where the consensus is that there's enough on it. My wife also puts lights over the living room window, on the mantelpiece and elsewhere in the room. The whole front room (and hallway) effectively becomes a shrine to Christmas. And that's not counting the lights in the living room window itself to compensate for not having the tree visible from outside.

It may be unplanned and un-themed, but the effect is very Christmassy and cosy, and is a bright point in a dreary winter. Mission accomplished.

“What’s your theme this year”

If someone asked me this I'd put on a puzzled look and say, "Um...Christmas?"

We seem to be in internet offence season where everyone is offended by everything.

Don't worry, that season is only in effect between 1st January and 31st December. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

people being noisy :(

people being noisy :(

How?!

• Advertisement

Watching Louis Thoroux and the Nazi’s. Absolutely infuriating stuff :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Yes! My flatmates bought decorations for the Christmas tree in the kitchen, and the theme is pink and blue :confused: what is the point like, at home we have loads of different colours of tinsel and baubles and different decorations and it always looks fab
    I'm sorry but WTF? :eek: Maybe I'm out of the loop but isn't the "theme" to use the decorations from last year and maybe add a few new ones if some of the older stuff is looking tatty? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Screw that. We bought our tree and decorations in 2011 and it has remained virtually unchanged since.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I'm sorry but WTF? :eek: Maybe I'm out of the loop but isn't the "theme" to use the decorations from last year and maybe add a few new ones if some of the older stuff is looking tatty? :confused:

That’s exactly what I said when we were putting it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Missing the start of Kylie cos of the mediocre Creed 2

I’m a member of a beauty page on Facebook, and the amount of people who post “any nice nail ideas?” Just google it. It’s literally that easy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I love tinsel !
    Daughter hates my Christmas tree every year because I put tinsel on it .

The absolute cheek of her mam 😮😮

Why no tree this year mam?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,469 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Idiots who slam on the brakes for ramps that you can easily just tootle over. Especially when they're driving SUVs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,855 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The absolute cheek of her mam 😮😮

Why no tree this year mam?

Ah long story but one will go up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Here's an annoyance. Christmas.

yt_grinch_md.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement