Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I got an email from Eir the other day to inform me that I would be getting a refund, and since terminating my contract they noticed I was overcharged so to expect a refund in the coming days.
    Just checked. My refund is for €1.39c. Will try not to spend it all in the one shop. Christmas won’t know what hit it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I got an email from Eir the other day to inform me that I would be getting a refund, and since terminating my contract they noticed I was overcharged so to expect a refund in the coming days.
    Just checked. My refund is for €1.39c. Will try not to spend it all in the one shop. Christmas won’t know what hit it this year.

Woo hoo drinks are on you:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Poor reporting. In this specific case statistics without context.

All over the news today there seems to be the stat that 11% of fatal road accidents involving alcohol occur between 7am and 11am. That really tells me nothing. Around 1/10th of fatal accidents happen during 1/6th of the day? Sounds okay to me. Sounds like there's a bigger problem somewhere in the other 5/6ths of the day.

Now, if you were to put a context on the statistics. If, for example I guesstimated a stat that just 2% of fatal accidents involving alcohol happen between 11am and 3pm, the earlier stat looks more significant.

Also, what does involving alcohol mean? I'm forever moaning about a speed camera zone near where I live, where there was a fatality on the road. Some young fella was drinking and taking drugs and decided to walk home from a party, and was struck and killed while wandering in the middle of a dual carriageway in dark clothing. To put some context on how off his game he must have been, his home was miles in the other direction. Would a case like this be included in the stats? A case that involves alcohol but has nothing to do with a driver being intoxicated? Were the drivers involved in the fatalities flaming drunk, or had they used enough mouthwash to trigger the indicator? The report tells me nothing and without context I'm likely to ignore it.

The message they wanted to get across, is that after a night of drinking, even if you feel fine, you could be over the limit for driving. At no point did they point out that your metabolism slows when you sleep, so you can't really tell how much alcohol you can process while you're asleep, and won't know when you've actually sobered up. The only way to really know would be to have your own detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Jumped on the bus this morning and some woman in front of me didn't scan her card correctly and walked on, the driver then asked her to come back and scan it properly, so what does she do? Immediately launched into "Call the Gards, gwan, call them! This always happens to me". After a bit of back of forth, mainly from her, the driver then turns off the engine and calls the gards, which is pretty annoying considering that the Garda station is literally about 200m down the road on the bus route. Just as the engine was turned off, two other buses pulled away that would have gotten me into work on time, I had to jump off and get a taxi :mad:

Pay the damn fare or get off! Why bother giving lip when you know you're in the wrong? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Think I’ve sprained my ankle, struggling to walk on it at the minute :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Insomnia

Prefer it to Costa myself....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Dentist today- taking a client ahead of me... argh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sneaky people .
    The old saying - beware of wolves in sheeps clothing often rings true .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sneaky people .
    The old saying - beware of wolves in sheeps clothing often rings true .

My new favourite..

"when someone shows you who they are, believe them".

Makes it hard to trust anyone really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

northgirl wrote: »
    My new favourite..

"when someone shows you who they are, believe them".

Makes it hard to trust anyone really.

It is hard , but we have to trust at times otherwise the world would be a sad , lonely place to exist in .

Oh , delighted you're settled in your new home , and the crush - see how it goes from friendship .
    Your new saying works two ways , he has shown you who he is ;):)

• Advertisement

Nearly got killed this morning crossing the road.

Just missed being annihilated by a big F** O** Jeep style/Yummy Mummy vehicle doing about 60k the wrong direction on a bus lane. Fcukin Cnut. Got the fright of my life.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try_harder wrote: »
    Dentist today- taking a client ahead of me... argh

Ditto - had an appointment for quarter past three, they were late so they called me in for twenty to four. Then, the first vial of anesthetic didn't take immediately, so they took another patient while we were waiting. No joy. Another vial. Wait. Another patient later, still nothing. Third vial did the trick, but by the time I got out it was twenty past five. Just as well I had nowhere else to go.

New Home wrote: »
    Ditto - had an appointment for quarter past three, they were late so they called me in for twenty to four. Then, the first vial of anesthetic didn't take immediately, so they took another patient while we were waiting. No joy. Another vial. Wait. Another patient later, still nothing. Third vial did the trick, but by the time I got out it was twenty past five. Just as well I had nowhere else to go.

That's some dose. Bad enough you had to wait all day and then keep waiting intermittently!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In fairnes to them, they are brilliant - the time before the last one I even fell asleep during a filling! It made sense to me that they went to deal with someone else, I did have to wait and see whether the injection would work, so there was no point in them delaying everyone else, too. :) I was really surprised by the fact that the anesthetic wasn't taking, it's never happened to me before!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Nearly got killed this morning crossing the road.

Just missed being annihilated by a big F** O** Jeep style/Yummy Mummy vehicle doing about 60k the wrong direction on a bus lane. Fcukin Cnut. Got the fright of my life.

Crazy Bitch *cross face*

Crazy Bitch *cross face*

TBH the car moved so quickly I've no idea if the driver was male or female. Craziness.

I wanna go shopping but I can’t afford it. 2 more weeks till I get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I went to bed at half ten, can't sleep, achy, shivery. I'll be like a wet rag in the morning.

Im waiting on my dps wages to go in,so i can go shopping.Why does it not go in early morning.Now its going to be a mad rush,to go shopping and be back in time for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A girl in work hawked her chewing gum directly into the bin in the canteen earlier. I don't know why it disgusted me so much, but it did. Put it in your hand and then into the bin at the very least, you gowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Had the unpleasure of using trap#2 after one of the Grads was in there. Fcker píssed all over the seat.
    Had to tell him he's not in college anymore get the fcuk back in and clean it.

He'd be some gowl to report it but he's the type of clown that would.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I'm getting toothache and I have Lindt balls to eat.

As the hedgehog said to the scrubbing brush - let's take this slow or it'll hurt like f**k!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The gacky taste off tea when you get a new kettle. Would nearly unpack my old one that was over boiling and leaking from the arse ready to electrocute me at any second. At least that made a decent cup

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Oh God, they've tuned the DAB radio in our canteen to Christmas FM. I'll be eating in my car for the next three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People who compensate for the fact that they are half deaf by shouting at you. You're not really grasping what the problem here is.....

My banjaxed ankle. Can’t put my full weight on it, walking on my heel and therefore limping. Ffs :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My banjaxed ankle. Can’t put my full weight on it, walking on my heel and therefore limping. Ffs :(
    Be careful, don't injure yourself by compensating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have to get my own health insurance policy for the family for the first time this year. The company has always looked after it up to now.
    It's a bit of a minefield with all the different policies...and really bloody expensive.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Be careful, don't injure yourself by compensating.

I’ve got it strapped up for support but I’m just worried because it’s sore in more or less the same place as where I broke it a few years back. Will be taking it easy for the weekend.

• Advertisement

People who compensate for the fact that they are half deaf by shouting at you. You're not really grasping what the problem here is.....

Im deaf and the problem is we cant actually hear so we cant grasp we are shouting.
    I get people complaining i talk too low.Well its better than me being a foghorn:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement