Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

northgirl wrote: »
    I have so much to be grateful for and woke thinking about reasons for gratitude every month this year so far. Obviously not my TA.

TA is not so much trivial but in the last half hour or thereabouts I've had a sudden realisation what I've missed out on so much. I thought I never wanted children and now I think I might. I can't describe this feeling. Utterly knocked for 6 by this.

It hit me late enough, relatively, but thankfully not too late to do anything about it. But it’s a head fck all right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

That MSF Baby advert and others. "Sudan is the most dangerous place on earth to have a baby"; then rhe myriad of others with starving, dying newborns.

I bought the Band Aid single 34 years ago this week to help the famine.

When will companies like Goal, Concern, Trocaire etc start sending contraception and education rather than begging for food?

The latter is clearly not working and if a continent is not sufficiently educated to know that they keep having 10 or more babies just to see them die - the decision needs to be removed from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The radio ad, for some bicycle shop....Eurocycles I think.
    A crowd of yokels singing how the “prices can’t be bate”

I will never buy a bike from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The radio ad, for some bicycle shop....Eurocycles I think.
    A crowd of yokels singing how the “prices can’t be bate”

I will never buy a bike from them.

Or a pram. I can guarantee that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Looking for a place to rent in Cork is proving impossible. Hey there I'm unemployed on disability allowance and I'd like to live with you. I also have only disability allowance and no other income and some places are charging over 700 euro a month for a room in a place. Fcuksake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Looking for a place to rent in Cork is proving impossible. Hey there I'm unemployed on disability allowance and I'd like to live with you. I also have only disability allowance and no other income and some places are charging over 700 euro a month for a room in a place. Fcuksake.

I feel your pain. Currently looking in cork too, proving to be impossible, paying all of my income in rent :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

^^^^^

It’s crazy to think that only six years ago, I was able to find nice houseshares in Cork city ranging from €280-€350 per month. How things have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^^^^

It’s crazy to think that only six years ago, I was able to find nice houseshares in Cork city ranging from €280-€350 per month. How things have changed.
    Six years ago a couple of my friends in Galway were able to rent a decent two bed apartment in the city centre for €800. Now you're looking at about €1300 for the same thing. Another friend told me at the weekend she's moving in with her boyfriend and they got a one bed for €850. Apparently it's only so cheap because they were lucky to find a decent landlord who said it's not worth more than that and he'd feel guilty charging more. He could've charged at least €1000 and would've got it.

I was talking to a woman (customer) in work a few months ago. She has kids and was renting a three bed house. She said she had to move because her landlord gave notice that she was selling up. Me being the cynical person I am said I don't believe it. I reckoned the landlord would wait a month after they moved and then rent it again but hike up the price. She came in last week and told me that unfortunately I was right. She had being paying €850 a month, since she moved in 6 years ago. She had to return to collect some letters and found out the landlord had rented the property to students for €1400.

6 years ago people could actually afford rent. Now it's a joke. Someone else was telling me about his niece. Herself and the husband work and had saved up €30,000 and were looking to get a mortgage of €300,000. They are currently paying rent of €1300 and the mortgage would be €850. The bank turned them down and told them to come back in a year. Makes no sense whatsoever.

It's crazy that we have posters on here who have to commute 2 hours a day to afford their mortgage. Meanwhile we have people who have never worked a day in their lives demanding their forever home in city centres because the gubberment have a duty to house them :rolleyes:

AirBnB has a lot to answer for. I know one person who told me they now rent exclusively through AirBnB as they make more money and have a lot less risks. On the one hand I can't blame them as renting is a business after all. On the other they are taking the p!ss, basically using their house as a BnB/hotel, without any of the tax implications of that.

Sorry for the long post, probably belongs in R&R but the rent situation gets me wound up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Heartburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

State of the kitchen this morning.
    Younguns had a few friends over last night, they left all their take away mess, cans and bottles, half eaten pizza and chips, curry sauce and other various other bits on table and worktop.
    It's stink in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

McDonalds wont sell McFlurrys at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 21,855 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ocular migraines .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Try_harder wrote: »
    McDonalds wont sell McFlurrys at 8am

McDonalds not selling sundaes anymore is equally annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ocular migraines .

Yes...yes...yes...you have my deepest sympathies

• Registered Users Posts: 21,855 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yes...yes...yes...you have my deepest sympathies

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who stupidly tries to turn their head away from the distorted side :p
    And yes , I know it doesn't work !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sunday callers. Who the fcuk rings the doorbell at 10 on a Sunday morning? My stupid neighbour does. To ask about a ladder he could have a loan of to put up a few christmas lights on his house. I told him where it was and to leave it back when finished. A simple text last night would have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Please tell me that I'm not the only one who stupidly tries to turn their head away from the distorted side :p
    And yes , I know it doesn't work !

Or stupidly try to clean your glasses when it starts thinking that might help
    😟

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Gwynplaine wrote:
    Sunday callers. Who the fcuk rings the doorbell at 10 on a Sunday morning? My stupid neighbour does. To ask about a ladder he could have a loan of to put up a few christmas lights on his house. I told him where it was and to leave it back when finished. A simple text last night would have done.

Should have told him where to really put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Left my phone charger at my friends place last night and now I have to wait for him to come into town to get it back. Might ask one of my housemates for a loan of one seeing as I’m only on 20% now

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Having a short torso with long legs and not been able to find a shirt that doesn't hang down over me ar$e!

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Left my phone charger at my friends place last night and now I have to wait for him to come into town to get it back. Might ask one of my housemates for a loan of one seeing as I’m only on 20% now

No one is home to lend me a charger! :eek::eek: the horror

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Micky___ wrote: »
    Having a short torso with long legs and not been able to find a shirt that doesn't hang down over me ar$e!

Do you not wear your shirt tucked in?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Do you not wear your shirt tucked in?

Alot of shirts are styles to be worn not tucked in so no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Friends who make plans, don't show up and then send a useless text not even referring to the plans and telling me how they've been enjoying a "device" free weekend... jesus wept..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

McDonalds not selling sundaes anymore is equally annoying.

I think this is far MORE annoying. What possessed them to do away with these minor luxuries in a cruel world????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

People in general. Done with them all. If your too soft you get trampled on....

Edit.. I may be ill and melodramatic but the principle is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Friends who make plans, don't show up and then send a useless text not even referring to the plans and telling me how they've been enjoying a "device" free weekend... jesus wept..

Lets see how they enjoy a "friend" free life.

Feeling weird today. Not even sure in what way I feel weird, but I’m just not myself. Probably from drinking and starting up till 6 last night, but it’s such a horrible feeling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I think this is far MORE annoying. What possessed them to do away with these minor luxuries in a cruel world????

I was in London during the summer and had my first McD sundae in years. I vowed to myself that I mustn't leave it as long again so went into my local when I got back - only to discover they'd stopped selling them. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA that I’ve never had a McDonald’s sundae and now I want what I can’t have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement