Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I fear my love is unrequited. Well, he is my boss now... :(

Also, alone for Christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've received multiple versions of this type of thing over the last few weeks, seems an awful waste of resources.

...and yet another one today...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

On flight home, pilot announces various places that we are to be flying over on route back to Ireland. Woman across the aisle whinges to her OH that we are going miles out of our way.

Brilliant. Of course, airlines love to burn extra fuel for no good reason... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Realistically, I only have one chance of ever being an Auntie. But even if this Sibling does have kids, also realistically it won't be for potentially another 15 years or so.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Two managers telling me to do two different things. I try to keep them both happy by working a ten hour day and in the end both are unhappy

That’s my fault so TA’d at myself. From now on I want instructions in writing and I only take instructions from the manager I report to. No more “mike help us out”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The phrase 'Forever Home' being used for the housing crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,162 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The phrase 'Forever Home' being used for the housing crisis.

"foreva home"

Realistically, I only have one chance of ever being an Auntie. But even if this Sibling does have kids, also realistically it won't be for potentially another 15 years or so.... :(

Me too. We don't talk so..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Fog. And idiot drivers in fog. I don't know which are more annoying, the twats with no lights on at all or the ones who insist on burning your retinas by leaving their fogs on in city centre traffic regardless of the fact that they've been sitting immobile six inches in front of you for fifteen minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Forgot I had disconnected from the WiFi and I just watched ALL of the videos ever made on my data. Fab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Just peeled prawns.Forgot what fiddly feckers they can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I avoided the 'Baby Shark' thing all the while it was massive in the media. Now I have it stuck in my head because of the Late Late Toy Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Boyfriend waking me up at 6.30am because his asthma was acting up and he wanted to talk to me. So tired today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

1. My lungs wheezing right after I take my inhaler, no relief today.

2. Buying a Christmas present for my sister and the delivery estimates are from the 17th of December to the 10th of January.

3. Being a human.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    So a new pub in the city has come out with names for their cocktails. One was called 'Our Wee Sambo'. Apparently there was an uproar on social media because Sambo is a derogatory name for a black person. What?

So the pub have had to come out publically and say "oh no lads, that was a typo on the menu, it's actually called 'Our Wee Samba'."

As far as I'm concerned a Sambo is a sandwich. Samba doesn't make sense at all. ****ing social media warriors, saving the world one cocktail at a time. :rolleyes:

You can't say anything these days without offending some snowflake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

ok.

Cuisine de France, and all you fckers who aid and abet them.

Heres the thing about leaving pastries or other foods out in the open, in shops.

Its fcking disgusting.

So I got a hankering for some old style cheap dunnes donuts.

And turns out that fcking dunnes have now decided that instead of the regular bag of 5/6 fat jam donuts, in a snot and arse finger protective casing, that they will now go down the 'cuisine de france' path of displaying how wonderfully fresh their produce is.

By letting the public interfere with it.

The day I fcking eat a pastry thats been left in the open, in the middle of a crowd of the scummy farting, sneezing, public, and schoolkids with their gummed up fingers, is the day I die of botulism.

Why stop with the donuts. If its good enough for the donuts then its good enough for other foods surely.

Why not the sandwiches too. Or the sauces. Here leave our wonderfully fresh sauces in a trough by the door. Customers can simply dip their cupped hands in.

Oh, thats right, cause its ****ing disgusting.

fcking kids running round poking and dropping them, old bastards sneezing in their hands and rifling through the food you want me to buy.

ah but the marketing geniuses want to get closer to the customer, ... no, no you don't. the customer is the general public.

the customer has leprosy and hepatitis.
    the customer had their finger up their hole 2 minutes ago.

stay away from the customer.

who the fck. who really comes up with this shyte. bullsht artists.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^ I had to buy loads of croissants one day because my daughter was trying to find the perfect one and she mauled them all.

greencap wrote: »
    ok.

Cuisine de France, and all you fckers who aid and abet them.

Heres the thing about leaving pastries or other foods out in the open, in shops.

Its fcking disgusting.

So I got a hankering for some old style cheap dunnes donuts.

And turns out that fcking dunnes have now decided that instead of the regular bag of 5/6 fat jam donuts, in a snot and arse finger protective casing, that they will now go down the 'cuisine de france' path of displaying how wonderfully fresh their produce is.

By letting the public interfere with it.

The day I fcking eat a pastry thats been left in the open, in the middle of a crowd of the scummy farting, sneezing, public, and schoolkids with their gummed up fingers, is the day I die of botulism.

Why stop with the donuts. If its good enough for the donuts then its good enough for other foods surely.

Why not the sandwiches too. Or the sauces. Here leave our wonderfully fresh sauces in a trough by the door. Customers can simply dip their cupped hands in.

Oh, thats right, cause its ****ing disgusting.

fcking kids running round poking and dropping them, old bastards sneezing in their hands and rifling through the food you want me to buy.

ah but the marketing geniuses want to get closer to the customer, ... no, no you don't. the customer is the general public.

the customer has leprosy and hepatitis.
    the customer had their finger up their hole 2 minutes ago.

stay away from the customer.

who the fck. who really comes up with this shyte. bullsht artists.

Could NOT agree with this more. Disgusting..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Have to go meet someone for a drink later and I really don’t wanna, but I’ve cancelled on them a few times already so I have to go. It’s a new friend too so my anxiety is through the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Getting the train into work earlier, I may have sat in a seat where the previous occupant had p!ssed themselves. Wasn't obvious at first, in that there wasn't a puddle there, but the stench kept coming in waves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fairly sure I heard some Newstalk presenter refer to their phone as a cell phone this morning.

Gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New vegetarians who are all gung ho militant about their new cause.
    And refer to the rotting flesh in my meal...get outta that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Baby shark. Nuff said....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

One tiny little split in the skin between my toes caused by the demon athletes foot is the most painful burny annoying thing on this earth .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

La.de.da wrote: »
    Baby shark. Nuff said....

daddy finger, daddy finger, where are you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I avoided the 'Baby Shark' thing all the while it was massive in the media. Now I have it stuck in my head because of the Late Late Toy Show.

I heard it for the first time lately. What a sack of shyte of a song.

I guess kids are easily pleased these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

New vegetarians who are all gung ho militant about their new cause.
    And refer to the rotting flesh in my meal...get outta that.

Always the way with converts.

There's no-one more judgemental of smoking than an ex-smoker!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When it's pm season and you somehow mentally manage to convince yourself its you again the world

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My boss can barely spell yet he's my boss and I'm the dope working for him. Get me out of here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My boss can barely spell yet he's my boss and I'm the dope working for him. Get me out of here!

In a previous employment I had a manager and supervisor who outdid each other for stupidity. We called them "Dumb and Dumber".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement