Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

One of my dogs wasn't well this morning so I brought her to the vet and he gave her a steroid injection and put her on anti inflammatories so I then decided to take the day off to make sure she was okay. I spent the whole day trying to find stuff to do because I was so bored. In my head, I always have lots of plans for days off to make the most of them. I've all the washing done, the kitchen cleaned, washed my other 2 dogs, fitted a new thing to my bike and painted my nails. How do people who choose to stay unemployed do this for years and years?
    I was unemployed once for nearly 3 months and I remember how horrible that was, the novelty quickly wears off. How do people do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

erica74 wrote: »
    One of my dogs wasn't well this morning so I brought her to the vet and he gave her a steroid injection and put her on anti inflammatories so I then decided to take the day off to make sure she was okay. I spent the whole day trying to find stuff to do because I was so bored. In my head, I always have lots of plans for days off to make the most of them. I've all the washing done, the kitchen cleaned, washed my other 2 dogs, fitted a new thing to my bike and painted my nails. How do people who choose to stay unemployed do this for years and years?
    I was unemployed once for nearly 3 months and I remember how horrible that was, the novelty quickly wears off. How do people do it?

Ah, I hope the puppy is feeling much better now, bless her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When someone decides to empty their nose blowing snot rockets into the hand basin/sink as you walk into the loo, BAAARRRRFFFFF.
    filthy f***in animal, and that was in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

selous wrote: »
    When someone decides to empty their nose blowing snot rockets into the hand basin/sink as you walk into the loo, BAAARRRRFFFFF.
    filthy f***in animal, and that was in work.

Nothing surprises me in the work jacks anymore, ours is verging on unusable on a Monday morning. At one stage they even had to put up a sign instructing people to flush after using. Some absolute savages out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Numpties who can't drive in the dark:
    Nervous Nellies who slam on the brakes at every oncoming car
    Dickwads who drive so close to the back of your car that their headlights illuminate the cab, blinding you and the driver in the car in front of you.
    Driving against a long stream of oncoming cars and meeting some asshat on your side of the road overtaking them. You cannot be seen until the last minute against all those headlights you moron.
    Idiots parked against oncoming traffic with their dipped headlights on, oblivious to the fact that the beam on the passenger side is blinding everyone as it is angled up to light the ditch when you are on the proper side of the road.
    And these are people with two working headlights, don't get me started on the others...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Nothing surprises me in the work jacks anymore, ours is verging on unusable on a Monday morning. At one stage they even had to put up a sign instructing people to flush after using. Some absolute savages out there

Ours has 3 windows, but no one seems to be able to open them, (push button turn handle) the air on the Monday morning when you go into them you can practically chew the pungent stench it's so thick :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Spare a thought for the poor cleaners... I do think someone should invent a lock that won't let people out unless they've at least flushed the toilet AND washed their hands properly and with soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Ah, I hope the puppy is feeling much better now, bless her. :)

She's much better, thanks, snoozing in front of me.

Same where I work, and these are all adults!! I work in a hospital and the staff toilets are left in a horrific state.
    selous wrote: »
    Ours has 3 windows, but no one seems to be able to open them, (push button turn handle) the air on the Monday morning when you go into them you can practically chew the pungent stench it's so thick :(

Same! The worst are the people who leave the windows closed and the door open and let the horrific smell waft into the hallway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes, walked into a work stall yesterday,and there was a log like a hippo’s leg, half submerged in a sea of brackish coffee.

Not a pretty sight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Crumbed ham.

Who the hell actually enjoys the thin ayer of soggy, slimy crumb encrusting their ham. It doesn't even add any taste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

TA'd at trying to open the tight sticky wrapping on CDs.

I know, I know, some of us do still buy them.

US discs are the worst with the strip along the top that leaves a sticky residue when removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Getting a request from a customer that isn't part of what I do in my current role so I delegate it to somebody who does look after these matters.
    They make an absolute clusterf**k of it and don't bother getting back to the customer who then rings me today begging me to intervene. So I waste a couple of hours rectifying it for them. It would have been quicker to deal with the initial query myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Not trivial but fascist/racist/nationalistic people. And their pathetic denials their words and actions contradict

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Try_harder wrote: »
    Not trivial but fascist/racist/nationalistic people. And their pathetic denials their words and actions contradict

Ah please don't. I actually like this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm having withdrawal symptoms for the great outdoors. I put on the rain gear this morning and went for a walk, just to get the fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Made an online order a week and a half ago that I haven't heard a whisper about in about a week, so had to call the parcel delivery service 24 hr hotline this evening.

I live abroad and the automated voice message I got was from a charming Irish lady, "now lads, I understand that it can be frustrating to have to connect with our services about a delivery you may be expecting, and our lines are always busy so it may take some time to get through. I urge you to try to be as civil as you can be, my team is working hard to help you all and they at least deserve to be treated with respect as they do so"

Jaysus, I thought, bad state of affairs when the automated message has to tell the general public to not be a pack of arseholes. Felt a bit disgusted at the general public there for a few minutes and vowed to be as nice and polite as possible.

Cue thirty minutes later and I'm still on hold listening to the same bs jingle 49 times in a row and yelling expletives at no-one in particular.

TA is 24 hr customer service lines that keep you waiting almost 24 hours to get through and second TA is that I'm just as much an arsehole as the general public :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not that I’m looking for a new job when I get home, but any of the waitress/bar jobs in hotels (that I could very easily do) that I’ve seen advertised, I’m not “qualified” to do. 2 years experience to serve food? It’s not fcuking rocket science :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Read a fascinating entry in the I Bet You Didn’t Know That thread about Coconut Crabs.
    Typed it into google images for a look at the little lads, saw one devouring a bird. The sleep wore off me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Insomnia

Waking at this ungodly hour cos of a weird trippy dream- damn meds!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Arriving at our air b and b and the place is kip, was never cleaned after the previous tenants, *very cross face*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Why can you see under the back of so many cars these days? Axles, suspensions the whole lot, makes it look like some part of the bumper fell off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone who drives over the new Ratoath Bridge between Finglas and Cabra knows how much of a ball ache it is for traffic.
    Not 1 guy today. He just decided to overtake the line of standstill traffic for as long as he could until he met oncoming traffic, then bullied his way into the stop start traffic. He nearly caused 2 or 3 accidents, a few peoples hearts probably stopped and caused traffic problems in the opposite direction.
    Such as d*ckhead, wish I had a dash cam to show how insane this guy was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Lad walking on side of road at 8am in black clothes. Frightened the life out of me.

Cars meeting with lights on so hard to see. Just because it's morning doesn't mean visibility is good :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

People in the office who sing/whistle/hum.....it’s so irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

It annoys me when people send emails flagged "high importance" ... it might be important to YOU, but I'll decide myself whether it's of importance to ME, thanks very much.

And don't even get me started on read receipts ...

Wagon in the pharmacy wouldnt take my card for purchase said amount was too low. I said she had to- new eu law regarding purchasing with cards- the face as she put it through!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Anyone who drives over the new Ratoath Bridge between Finglas and Cabra knows how much of a ball ache it is for traffic.
    Not 1 guy today. He just decided to overtake the line of standstill traffic for as long as he could until he met oncoming traffic, then bullied his way into the stop start traffic. He nearly caused 2 or 3 accidents, a few peoples hearts probably stopped and caused traffic problems in the opposite direction.
    Such as d*ckhead, wish I had a dash cam to show how insane this guy was.
    Know that bridge well,absolutley awful in the morning

People in the office who sing/whistle/hum.....it’s so irritating

And the ones who speak so bloody loud especially in the morning.. STFU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yesterday various ppl were in fowler's and so I was given out to about various things.
    The most annoying was being given out to by a person for NOT answering their phone when their Dr called with their test results.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement