Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Fairies, fairy trails, fairy doors, fairy days out.
    Why are they a thing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,435 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Deja Boo wrote: »
    and sometimes, just so you will be beholden to them :rolleyes:

Yes, I could want something that would cost €20 and they'd go off and spend over €100 and something I wouldn't want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

This sounds ungrateful but I hate when somebody buys you an expensive gift that you don't want.

Example?

Awake since 5.30. I think I need to leave sunglasses beside the bed. When I get up to go to the toilet at that time, it's like the middle of the day. With the morning sun glaring right in the hall window. Almost blinded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Loud annoying pikeys on the train this eve...

Myself and my wife went for a meal in the local Chinese restaurant, not sitting down 5 minutes and in waltzes a pair of travellers and their brood of scrotes. Cue said scrotes, shouting squealing and running around....and I wonder why murder is illegal.....

P.S: Just realised my 1,000th post is ranting about travellers....FFS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

This one is very trivial but every time I go into After Hours and see the "Hate crime? Really?" thread I get mildly annoyed. It's the same 3-4 posters going on and on for over a month now, refusing to back down or just walk away. Kids would have moved on from this after an hour, accept someone on the internet and in life disagrees with you and go live your life!

18ixhcr5g3522jpg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Having Cork people bang on about the “real capital” when they hear you’re from Dublin.

You’d also swear they have share in Murphy’s, which I believe is now owned by Heineken, the way they go on about it.

Your jealousy is an ugly thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My neighbour's strange friend. There is a bit of a want in her, as my mother would say and daddy days "she's harmless". Still though. She said to me today "oh you've put on a bit of weight". Course I pretended not to hear. Then Daddy pipes up, "Persepoly blaablaa is talking to you".
    Like I was a kid again!
    Its the second time she said that to me as well. The first was about five years ago! Feck. I'm not fat! Just have curves that I didn't have when she first met me. Hmph!

This is maddening! My ex's kid was like that. He has ASD so of course we had to let a lot slide or deal with things in different ways which was fine, but sometimes he was just a spoilt little b*llox. Refused to flush the loo, clean the seat or wash his hands after using the bathroom. When I said anything it was all, "oh you can't say that to him because of the ASD". Went on holidays for a week, within 2 days of me saying it to him he got it, and went home with better personal hygiene standards. TA people giving their kids a pass on everything.. Also TA I was having a nice morning until I remembered him and got all irritated again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Having Cork people bang on about the “real capital” when they hear you’re from Dublin.

You’d also swear they have share in Murphy’s, which I believe is now owned by Heineken, the way they go on about it.

Or their "people's republic of Cork" sh*teology :o

They can be the capital if they want. I'd love to get rid of all the congestion in Dublin, send everyone there to work. We'd have more peace and quiet and lower property tax :P

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Deirdre OKane and that Appliances Delivered radio ad.

Grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People spraying deodorant in the middle of the office. Go into the bathroom, FFS!

• Advertisement

Tomato on a fry is just wrong. To me it'd be the same as putting a piece of brocolli on a fry, it's that out of place.
    Also beans on a fry when they're not contained in a ramekin. Bean infection touching off everything. No way. Get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Be right back

The Vodafone ads with Dermot Bannon, particularly the one with Jason Byrne!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Tomato on a fry is just wrong. To me it'd be the same as putting a piece of brocolli on a fry, it's that out of place.
    Also beans on a fry when they're not contained in a ramekin. Bean infection touching off everything. No way. Get out.

Use the sausage as a breakwater. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,898 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How can you be so right and so wrong in the same post??;)

A nicely grilled, slightly blackened, seasoned good tomato half, or two, is so good as part of a fry (not the hard, tasteless, barely warmed effort of most hotels).

Baked beans, never belong in a fry. If you insist on having them, they must be in a ramekin/bowl.

TAd that I love pretty much every type of bean preparation known to man ...... except baked beans. They're a handy food - I wish I liked them. Yeuch!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Where do we stand on mushrooms in a fry? For me they are a must. Beans i can take or leave but i dont see the need for a ramekin if they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Where do we stand on mushrooms in a fry?

The same place I stand on mushrooms in anything - the only place they belong is in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The same place I stand on mushrooms in anything - the only place they belong is in the bin.

*adds to list of internet enemies*

Where do we stand on mushrooms in a fry? For me they are a must. Beans i can take or leave but i dont see the need for a ramekin if they are there.

They can feck off.

Some sort of potato element is a must, though - as is black and white pudding. Brown toast (not soda bread), too, please.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »

The bin is too good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Entering the toddlers room at 6am because the monster is awake. Open the door and the most vile bang of sh*t greets you.
    Soiling yourself at this ungodly hour is not going to get you any sympathy points...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just had a guy lose the rag and threaten me with violence when I suggested to him that parking his wagon on the footpath (completely blocking it) was not an ideal situation. He actually followed me for about 200m to remonstrate.

What a saddo.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Just had a guy lose the rag and threaten me with violence when I suggested to him that parking his wagon on the footpath (completely blocking it) was not an ideal situation. He actually followed me for about 200m to remonstrate.

What a saddo.

Yes, people usually behave like total knobheads when their knobheadish behaviour is pointed out to them.
    People who litter and let their dogs sh1te everywhere usually have the same reaction when challenged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yes, people usually behave like total knobheads when their knobheadish behaviour is pointed out to them.
    People who litter and let their dogs sh1te everywhere usually have the same reaction when challenged.

Agreed. Still gonna keep pointing these things out though :)
    I honestly thought he was gonna go for me today though. I reckon I would have equipped myself OK but he was a right scummer so ya never know what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,435 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Example?

It's mainly one relative who likes to splash the cash. You'd get clothes that you don't want/need or electronic devices.(Phones/devices.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

People asking me to respond to a thing that they haven't even sent me yet. I'm not a mind reader.

Using teeth whitener at the moment which has made the teeth ever so sensitive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oh right, I'm the only person in my department next week.

Yes mushrooms are nice on a fry. Their squeaky texture is weird though. Beans have to be contained. Bean juice seeping into everything is a big no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Paper cut from a cardboard file! BASTARD!!!! So sore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

What a saddo.

I wish those people experienced the effects of their behaviour from the viewpoint of a wheelchair. Even for a couple of months, just to really get the feel of what it's really like.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    People asking me to respond to a thing that they haven't even sent me yet. I'm not a mind reader.

Yep! Twenty years ago I got "Hi NH, it's J. Have you received my fax? I haven't sent it yet." There are no words.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Paper cut from a cardboard file! BASTARD!!!! So sore.
    God yes! Those hurt like hell! That reminded me that once I got the spike of a file belt under my nail - I still remember the pain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement