Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

How the feck in Sunday almost over already

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

People who say it's expensive to eat healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RedEric7

The overuse and in turn misuse of the word 'literally.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Parents thinking they have ownership over their child's teacher's reproductive system!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Walking into a room when an episode of a series I'm watching is on the TV, but it's a season or two ahead of me, and I just watched one of the main characters getting killed by another main character :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't worry, it's only a dream, he'll walk out of the shower drying his hair with a towel, or something.... at least, as long as his name is JR....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am heart broken. And I suppose my TA is life.

I was at the GF's family communions (two in one day) yesterday and in the process of hanging around the place, a little 4 year old girl took to me. There was a bouncy castle that she wanted to play on. So I played the 'monster'.

The thing is she lost her mammy within the last year due to a sudden illness and she is a neighbour to the GF's family so they have essentially taken her in as a daughter. And she is so adorable, giving me only hugs and I could see the happiness in her. And since yesterday I can only complain about how much of a pain in the hole life is.

I am still upset for her :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When you have the car radio on and instead of playing good music they talk ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

New Home wrote: »
    Don't worry, it's only a dream, he'll walk out of the shower drying his hair with a towel, or something.... at least, as long as his name is JR....

No that was Bobby Ewing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not a clue what's going on with English politics (nor any politics ) and don't want to know , but someone reduced to tears isn't funny , no matter who she is. (The outgoing PM).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Not a clue what's going on with English politics (nor any politics ) and don't want to know , but someone reduced to tears isn't funny , no matter who she is. (The outgoing PM).

I have zero sympathy for her. They probably weren't even genuine tears and if they were they were for herself. Where were her tears and empathy for the Grenfell tower victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I have zero sympathy for her. They probably weren't even genuine tears and if they were they were for herself. Where were her tears and empathy for the Grenfell tower victims?

I don't think she's the type . That generation didn't show emotion and yes I suppose they were at least partly tears for herself but that's what would worry me for someone like that . I don't think she would cry deliberately or willingly . I don't necessarily feel sympathy for her but the feeding frenzy on facebook isn't nice either .

Not you, Bones, obviously ...TA When people get arsey because someone posts something un-funny. You crack the jokes , then. The funny tap can't be on every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was in town shopping on Saturday with my boyfriend. He ventured off into a sports shop and I had a wander around Penneys. I spotted someone he works with in the distance who I wouldn’t really know but have met once on a night out. We both did that thing where you look at each other and then kind of look over their head pretending you didn’t see them because it’s much too awkward to stop and chat when you barley know each other. I texted my bf just saying “am in Penney’s now. Just saw Paul X in here”.

I met up with my boyfriend then a while later and our conversation went:

Me: I saw Paul in Penneys
    Him: yeah I bumped into him myself I told him you text me and said you had met him
    Me: but I didn’t meet him, I just saw him
    Him: oh really, I thought you meant ye had a chat
    Me: No!!! Ah Jaysus did you say I said I was chatting to him??
    Him: Yeah.. I said Retro told me she was chatting to ya. I thought that’s what you meant
    Me: What did he say??
    Him: Nothing really but now that I think of it he was unusually quiet

Jesus the lad must think I’m pure odd making up ****e that I had a conversation with him and this has been playing on my mind ever since!!!!
    Why must simple things be so awkward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

RedEric7 wrote: »

The word literally has two meanings now, both the opposite of each other. Bizarre really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

DareGod wrote: »
    I only sign in to my Instagram account about once per month, but each time I do I'm left with crippling FOMO within just minutes of scrolling through people's photos.

Is it a bit tasteless to be boasting about how "great" your life is? (Not that I'm innocent myself.)

Went on a date with a constant user of social media. Every second the phone was out taking pictures of a pint, taking pictures of food.

I see pictures now and it's just obsessive. Are you going to Paris to enjoy it yourself or are you just going to take pictures and try to make out to everyone how great of a life you have?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The hassle like

People at teh counter paying for petrol.I was next in line.Rather than step to the side,he stepped back nearly on to my toes.And i wasnt up his arse either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

RedEric7 wrote: »

That figuratively drives me crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Accidentally hurt my dog (quite badly) last night and can't even think straight with guilt.
    Hope he knows I didn't mean it :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Accidentally hurt my dog (quite badly) last night and can't even think straight with guilt.
    Hope he knows I didn't mean it :(:(:(

Dogs are very intelligent, and can forgive quicker than us.

Give him a few treats and you'll be in the good books again very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who haven't a clue how to drive when there's cyclists on the road and can't just wait before they overtake and drive into oncoming traffic.

Somewhat related, when I do slow before executing a turn so that cyclists on my inside can pass first, the driver behind getting sh*tty about it :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Antares35 wrote: »
    Somewhat related, when I do slow before executing a turn so that cyclists on my inside can pass first, the driver behind getting sh*tty about it :mad:

Yesterday I stopped as an older man was crossing the road and was about halfway across and I had a eejit try to squeeze by me on the inside rather than wait 5 seconds.

Patience seems to disappear where some people are behind the wheel of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People who are obsessed with vegans and what they do and don't eat.

People who are obsessed with vegans and what they do and don't eat.

I find its the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who pronounce the Fine part of Fine Gael like the word fine

National biscuit week?? Ah ffs what will they come up with next?
    Granted, I'll use it as an excuse to eat more biscuits but I mean Jesus like

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

National biscuit week?? Ah ffs what will they come up with next?
    Granted, I'll use it as an excuse to eat more biscuits but I mean Jesus like

International <insert here> day :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

KSU wrote: »
    International <insert here> day :mad:

I'm going to eat all the <insert here>'s that I possible can.

It'll be national dip your balls in the sea week yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who move to a rural area and complain it's to quiet.
    People who move into an urban area and complain it's noisy outside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement