Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I hit a little bird that flew into my path when I was out driving and it made me almost irrationally sad.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Arrived back to my car yesterday evening, door was unlocked, seat fully pushed back, gear stick left in 3rd gear position (i never leave it in gear).
    Nothing missing from the car, nothing out of place in the car. The only things of any worth were a pair of sunglasses and a new pair of runners but they were not touched.So confused about it.
    "Dude, where's my car?"

Really, though, did you check the mileage? And are you sure it's your car?

RMAOK wrote: »
    It was either ghosts or the illuminati.
    They're on to you - trust no one. :eek:

Aliens. Don't forget the aliens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

****ing Paypal, sold something on ebay for a few hundred quid. Chap pays by paypal and because this kind of item is 'unusual' for my account they have held the money until the buyer confirms he has received the item and I won't get the money until 1-2 days after he receives.

So I've had to send a valuable item without actually receiving any money. Obviously paypal have millions upon millions tied up like this and are just after creaming the interest the same way banks hold onto money from cheques for 5 days

I know it's extremely annoying. I've to sell a few expensive things on ebay myself soon and I'm already dreading having to wait ages to get paid. I do know though that the process protects buyers against dodgy sellers who might take the money and run, without sending the item. In a way it also protects you the seller because if the buyer makes a claim and wins, PayPal will take the money back off you, and if you've already spent the money, you'd then find yourself in debt to PayPal. (Not ignoring the cynical / realistic viewpoint that PayPal may also be directly benefiting financially from the process.)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hit a little bird that flew into my path when I was out driving and it made me almost irrationally sad.
    :(

I empathise completely, CH.

RIP, ickle birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

New Home wrote: »

Aliens. Don't forget the aliens.

Shhhh, don't speak too loudly - they can read your thoughts :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    "Dude, where's my car?"

Really, though, did you check the mileage? And are you sure it's your car?

She's my banger alright, I reckon a crook got in and said to themselves
    "there are way too many rap CD's in this claptrap, f*ck this"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Why in the name of jesus does every single bluebottle I've ever shooed towards the open window fly back on itself in the opposite direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Buses diSappearing off the RTI board.I could have went for the luas or another bus.Then it turns up on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

****ing Paypal, sold something on ebay for a few hundred quid. Chap pays by paypal and because this kind of item is 'unusual' for my account they have held the money until the buyer confirms he has received the item and I won't get the money until 1-2 days after he receives.

So I've had to send a valuable item without actually receiving any money. Obviously paypal have millions upon millions tied up like this and are just after creaming the interest the same way banks hold onto money from cheques for 5 days

It's to stop you doing a runner with the money. Or sending a brick in a box.

ebay_o_451337.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,329 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My father is so annoying the man working at the counter helped him to pack his shopping and to the car at Aldi once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Being interrupted when I am working on something. It's completely counter-productive to constantly have to mentally jump into different frames. Where X, Y and Z need to be done, I prefer to just do X, finish it, do Y, finish it etc. What's this business of people constantly asking about Z, then something else about X and so on. Just go away!

People who keep looping things back into stuff you have already told them. For example, I say "I am thinking of taking the bf here for his birthday for the weekend" and they reply, "why are you going on holidays, did you not tell me you were saving for a house" - f*ck off Martha, that's the last time I tell you anything.

People who share fake conditions on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

People who share fake conditions on Facebook!

Guys dnt b alrmed bt I goggled my symtums nd I hv feline AIDS xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Went to the continental market at lunchtime (yay), got a lovely burger (yay) and some Danish pancakes with Nutella (yay). Obviously I got Nutella all over my face with all the yumminess so I asked my husband to check my face for chocolate once I had wiped my mouth.

Now, almost 3 hours later I check myself in the bathroom mirror and find a large chocolate stain on my chin. This is what husbands are for ffs! He had one job! Not let me look like a tit in public. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Having to miss the first tag rugby game of the season this evening in order to play in the final hockey match of the season. I hate being torn between two loves :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Guys dnt b alrmed bt I goggled my symtums nd I hv feline AIDS xoxo

Hope your ok hun:D

My neighbour's strange friend. There is a bit of a want in her, as my mother would say and daddy days "she's harmless". Still though. She said to me today "oh you've put on a bit of weight". Course I pretended not to hear. Then Daddy pipes up, "Persepoly blaablaa is talking to you".
    Like I was a kid again!
    Its the second time she said that to me as well. The first was about five years ago! Feck. I'm not fat! Just have curves that I didn't have when she first met me. Hmph!

People who think all old people are bags of sugar and sweetness!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,592 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Having Cork people bang on about the “real capital” when they hear you’re from Dublin.

You’d also swear they have share in Murphy’s, which I believe is now owned by Heineken, the way they go on about it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Trying to fatten up a sick relative and inadvertently fattening myself up in the process. This wasn’t part of my plan.
    Anyway pass me the cake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

My neighbour's strange friend. There is a bit of a want in her, as my mother would say and daddy days "she's harmless". Still though. She said to me today "oh you've put on a bit of weight". Course I pretended not to hear. Then Daddy pipes up, "Persepoly blaablaa is talking to you".
    Like I was a kid again!
    Its the second time she said that to me as well. The first was about five years ago! Feck. I'm not fat! Just have curves that I didn't have when she first met me. Hmph!

Well...you took the high road...and you should be proud Perse....

I would have called her a cnut and told her fck off...but that's because I'm a dick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Like I was a kid again!

Last year one of my Dad's friends (who I always thought was a boll!x) was calling to the house. Haven't seen him in around 15 years. Met him at the door, and in a completely matter of fact way, not even a bad attempt at a joke, commented that 'he didn't recognise me now that I was half bald and had that belly.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Election posters of Frances Photoshop Fitzgerald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Loud annoying pikeys on the train this eve...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Bear Grylls annoys me. I get that he is showing how to survive in the wilderness etc but does he really need to bite into a fish he has just speared in a lake or eat maggots. You're not stranded Bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

People who sit on the back of benches with their feet on the bench part

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Bear Grylls annoys me. I get that he is showing how to survive in the wilderness etc but does he really need to bite into a fish he has just speared in a lake or eat maggots. You're not stranded Bear!

His kids are named Huckleberry, Marmaduke and Jesse, no joke.
    Just imagine then be being able to enjoy a normal family holiday because they'll do some junior survive in Indochina bootcamp.

TA: channel 4 needs to get a grip on when to cut an as break into a movie properly. I hate when a scene ends in the middle for a break and after it it's just the next shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Relaxing in bed, drifting off, only to be woken by some fûckwit beeping their car horn several times... jumped up to see what’s going on and it’s a taxi pulling off from my neighbors.... roof light illuminated so it looks like they were saying ‘goodbye’ :rolleyes: 12.30am...why does that profession accumulate so many tosser scumbag fûckwits, I’ll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

LirW wrote: »
    His kids are named Huckleberry, Marmaduke and Jesse, no joke.

You can see the smug smile on his face when he came up with that...”ohhhhh we are great, unique and esoteric parents and downright interesting free spirited people”.. meanwhile poor Muckleberry and Harmaduke for about 16 years of their lives get beaten into liquid on a regular basis courtesy of this smugness overdose.

• Advertisement

This sounds ungrateful but I hate when somebody buys you an expensive gift that you don't want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement