Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The front cover of a brand new book ripped thanks to an overly sticky red sticker that was put on it in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Seems to be no appropriate thread on Politics Cafo I'm going to post this (with names removed) here....

Not being able to put an obvious looney at the bottom of your ballot because there's even bigger nutcases on it!

Also, one local election candidate's picture on the ballot paper looked like he'd just woken up in a ditch after a three day bender. Was that really the best picture they could find? They really seem to put **** all effort into chasing votes.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

New Home wrote: »
    I wish those people experienced the effects of their behaviour from the viewpoint of a wheelchair. Even for a couple of months, just to really get the feel of what it's really like.

They do not care about anyone other than themselves. I've said it to people before about disabled car spots and you get either 'FO and mind your own business' or 'but I'm just popping in for a second'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People using the day that's in it as a soapbox for an anti-politician rant on social media, but using terrible grammar and spelling in doing so.

It could be the most profound commentary going, but I cannot take it seriously when it comes across as an incoherent rant.

I even saw a well-known activist going off on one earlier, but calling the party Fine Gale.

Use spell check and punctuation people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People using the day that's in it as a soapbox for an anti-politician rant on social media, but using terrible grammar and spelling in doing so.

It could be the most profound commentary going, but I cannot take it seriously when it comes across as an incoherent rant.

I even saw a well-known activist going off on one earlier, but calling the party Fine Gale.

Use spell check and punctuation people.

Well they do generate a lot of hot air.

I'll get me coat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Being told to be hospital at 10am and at nearly 5pm still being here waiting for a treatment that takes only 5 minutes to administer. Bloods came back hours ago. The invisible woman here. I’ll be in no earlier than 2pm from now on and let them work around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Found out my county has no women councillors! That is shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The nightly mental conversation, will I take off the winter sheets and put on the summer one's now?
    followed by, if I do will the weather get worse? will I have to put them back on in a few day?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Tomato on a fry is just wrong. To me it'd be the same as putting a piece of brocolli on a fry, it's that out of place.
    Also beans on a fry when they're not contained in a ramekin. Bean infection touching off everything. No way. Get out.

I agree with you about the beans, if there must be beans they need to in a ramekin, but can’t agree about the tomato. I like tomato on a fry. Now lettuce on the other hand... a local cafe puts a leaf of lettuce as decoration on the plate. That is just wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I only sign in to my Instagram account about once per month, but each time I do I'm left with crippling FOMO within just minutes of scrolling through people's photos.

Is it a bit tasteless to be boasting about how "great" your life is? (Not that I'm innocent myself.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The amount of sh!te music on the radio.

Wannabes.

People who haven't a clue how to drive when there's cyclists on the road and can't just wait before they overtake and drive into oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Be right back

People who moan about their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

People who haven't a clue how to drive when there's cyclists on the road and can't just wait before they overtake and drive into oncoming traffic.

Cyclists who think they own the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

€38 for two little anti tick tablets for the dogs. Not that I'd begrudge them but it's hard to see how it costs that.

Must taste nice though cos they're looking for more!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Arseholes who start talking on the first tee in a game of golf and never shut the fcuk up the whole way around.

Join a Men’s Shed if talk is all you want to do, you pack of cretins.

And shut the fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Arseholes who start talking on the first tee in a game of golf and never shut the fcuk up the whole way around.

Join a Men’s Shed if talk is all you want to do, you pack of cretins.

And shut the fcuk up.

You’ll get that with being a member of Corballis. Taxi cars parked half way up to Balbriggan, and hundreds of yellow range balls underfoot in the rough to the left and right of the first 4 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,146 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tomato on a fry is just wrong. To me it'd be the same as putting a piece of brocolli on a fry, it's that out of place.
    Also beans on a fry when they're not contained in a ramekin. Bean infection touching off everything. No way. Get out.

I’m with you on ALL that, especially the tomato, fried tomato is ****in rank too and it’s placed on the plates by fûckwits who like to think ‘welllll sure look at that it’s a BIT healthy !’

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

#IVoted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being handed back the carefully counted out change at the till at the local shop, as they 'dont take 1 or 2 c's any more and 'did I have 10 or 20c?

They have a captured market, over 30% more expensive than a supermarket and NOW they are trying to control how I pay as well!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

I agree that fruit does not belong in a fry. I was going to say that fruit is a dessert but then I remembered I'm on a diet (breaking it big time at the moment, having a glass of wine sorry if I am slurring my typing or thoughts) I am putting tomatoes in everything.

I have also thought that tomatoes should not be cooked, but what about bolognaise?

All things considered I don't know whetherr I'm confused or perplexed, maybe I just need sleep:D

That Cadbury's, as a brand and tasty chocolate has been destroyed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People spraying deodorant in the middle of the office. Go into the bathroom, FFS!

Or the bus / train, dickwads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Use the sausage as a breakwater. :pac:

Aye and putting the beans too close to t'eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Same as last time . Plans to go out but crucified with abdo cramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Being told I had never signed my passport at passport control.
    New passport is full of pictures and Irish quotes and rubbish, the bit you're supposed to sign is lost in all this. I'd prefer a passport to be more utilitarian, if i wanted a book with nice pictures in it, I'd buy a Ladybird book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Watlock

Smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I’m on day 5 of a chest infection antibiotics still haven’t kicked in and I’m feeling like absolute rubbish :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I agree that fruit does not belong in a fry. I was going to say that fruit is a dessert but then I remembered I'm on a diet (breaking it big time at the moment, having a glass of wine sorry if I am slurring my typing or thoughts) I am putting tomatoes in everything.

I have also thought that tomatoes should not be cooked, but what about bolognaise?

All things considered I don't know whetherr I'm confused or perplexed, maybe I just need sleep:D
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Philosophy is wondering if ketchup is a fruit smoothie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement