Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Space Dog wrote: »
    I have a slightly different TA when it comes to doors: To leave work we have to go through 4 doors. The other day I was walking behind someone I didn't know and they held each door open for me. How often do I need to say thanks in that case? Once? For the first door or the last door? Or four times? What's the etiquette here? I think I said thanks properly once and then mumbled it three times...

Walk quickly enough through the first door so that you get to the second door in time to hold it open for them, they then get to the third door to hold it open for you and you get to the fourth door to hold it open for them. You both thank each other twice. Simple. ;-)

TA - catching up on threads and replying to a post only to find out as you read on, that someone has already made a similar reply to the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,588 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TA’d about not getting a straw in a drink with ice in it.

Double TA’d that they got my food order wrong. It’s nothing major so I don’t want to send it back, don’t want the delay.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Once again I have overdone it on the jalapeño peppers on my chili. I never learn. I'm going to hate myself in the morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When you're trying to browse the aisles in a shop or supermarket and the staff members keep plowing around the place at break-neck speed, to the point where you spend most of the visit trying to not get run over or knocked down by staff or their stock trolleys. #tesco #andothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Once again I have overdone it on the jalapeño peppers on my chili. I never learn. I'm going to hate myself in the morning :(

You might not .....but your arse definitely will
    :D

• Advertisement

Erik Shun wrote: »
    You might not .....but your arse definitely will
    :D

The ring of fire is real :(

*let's the lady like mask slip :) *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Was in a cafe today with my headphones on and laptop out working away on my 'own' table. (minding my own business)

Had 2 different sets of people(8 people) on the table next to me come and go no problems at all, (order their food/coffess, all sit down, chat) and leave. /no disturbance.

Then this woman(angry at the thought already). who seems oblivious to the world around her came (with a friend and the friends child who all sits down)

When this woman went to sit down, she decided to bash her fat ass back side off me (an accident I thought, so I removed from headphones when I felt the knock and I pushed over) she doesn't even look at me nor acknowledge my existence for bumping off me.

, I said nothing(there was no need)
    simply because there was plenty of room to sit down (as did the other 8 people /2 groups who did prior)

I push over anyway. - Strike 1

she sits Down.

Then their food is called,

This woman decides to back up her chair so far she hits my table and spills some of my drink. (TA at this point but I clean it and Continue to work) her friend just looks over at my cup. - Strike 2

She places the tray down and and now for a reason I cant understand because she clearly had plentiful room, decides to grab my table and start rotating it slightly (I am very quiet so ignore this but am thinking what the **** is she doing)

She sits down. - Strike 3

Then the harmless child was watching videos and wanted to show the woman who was across from her. , so the woman thought it was perfectly acceptable instead of taking the phone from the child to lift up her tray containing their plates, bowls and ups) and place the entire tray/lot on my table!!!

Strike 4

---—---
    'Jesus H christ woman, don't be so rude!!!'

Ugh!! Some people stress me out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Youtubes new requirement to watch anything: "sign in to confirm your age" - me arse, they're family christmas movies!

'n you cannae sign in without signing up for a gmail account, hmmm! Why must google be into every blasted thing.
    :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

wally1990 wrote: »
    Was in a cafe today with my headphones on and laptop out working away on my 'own' table. (minding my own business)

Had 2 different sets of people(8 people) on the table next to me come and go no problems at all, (order their food/coffess, all sit down, chat) and leave. /no disturbance.

Then this woman(angry at the thought already). who seems oblivious to the world around her came (with a friend and the friends child who all sits down)

When this woman went to sit down, she decided to bash her fat ass back side off me (an accident I thought, so I removed from headphones when I felt the knock and I pushed over) she doesn't even look at me nor acknowledge my existence for bumping off me.

simply because there was plenty of room to sit down (as did the other 8 people /2 groups who did prior)

she sits Down.

This woman decides to back up her chair so far she hits my table and spills some of my drink. (TA at this point but I clean it and Continue to work) her friend just looks over at my cup. - Strike 2

She places the tray down and and now for a reason I cant understand because she clearly had plentiful room, decides to grab my table and start rotating it slightly (I am very quiet so ignore this but am thinking what the **** is she doing)

Then the harmless child was watching videos and wanted to show the woman who was across from her. , so the woman thought it was perfectly acceptable instead of taking the phone from the child to lift up her tray containing their plates, bowls and ups) and place the entire tray/lot on my table!!!

Strike 4

---—---

And here's another perfect example of when murder would be acceptable.

I just planted my hand firmly down on a very prickly cactus while closing the window. Fcuking ouch :(

• Advertisement

wally1990 wrote: »

she sits Down.

Strike 4

---—---

:D Jesus christ. You've got some amount of self-restraint!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I just planted my hand firmly down on a very prickly cactus while closing the window. Fcuking ouch :(

Sore dose alright.

Thankfully you didn't sit on it. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

RMAOK wrote: »
    Sore dose alright.

Thankfully you didn't sit on it. :eek:

Indeed! Her behind is in enough trouble as it is :D

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Indeed! Her behind is in enough trouble as it is :D

You took the words out of my mouth :).

People who talk too much. People who have never exercised enough self-discipline to listen. To the silences, to the pauses, to the intonation. People who never get a "feel" for things, for a room, before talking. It's as if they feel they'll explode unless they can talk. As if verbalising things is the only way we communicate. These people have always bothered me. Today, more so than normal. I was trying to gently help somebody with a bit of advice that would get them the job they want (as unknown to them I'm privy to recruitment concerns regarding them), but they just wanted to talk and talk. After several attempts, I backed away and resigned myself to listening. What a waste.

People who talk too much. People who have never exercised enough self-discipline to listen. To the silences, to the pauses, to the intonation. People who never get a "feel" for things, for a room, before talking. It's as if they feel they'll explode unless they can talk. As if verbalising things is the only way we communicate. These people have always bothered me. Today, more so than normal. I was trying to gently help somebody with a bit of advice that would get them the job they want (as unknown to them I'm privy to recruitment concerns regarding them), but they just wanted to talk and talk. After several attempts, I backed away and resigned myself to listening. What a waste.

Some people genuinely seem to think that talking is more important than breathing. It has never failed to baffle the life out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Sorry these have probably been said before.

When you go to the hairdresser or beautician and they bash your hair or skin. “Gosh, your hair is very dry”, “Gosh you’ve terrible skin don’t you”.
    Hello that’s why I’m here and I was hoping to feel good after my visit, not bad.

Irish bashing. “That’s very Irish”. Excuse me, I’m Irish, are you saying I’m an eejit?
    Or did you mean every Irish person is an eejit except for me and you?

Culottes are another one. They never look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Was at the checkout in the supermarket and the woman in front of me handed the cashier her bags and stood and waited until her groceries were packed for her. Rudely gave instructions as to what to put in what bag. I mean how lazy do you need to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

No internet or email in work since yesterday lunchtime. Its ruining my morning routine. I cant believe how much of my work depends on emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,274 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Was at the checkout in the supermarket and the woman in front of me handed the cashier her bags and stood and waited until her groceries were packed for her. Rudely gave instructions as to what to put in what bag. I mean how lazy do you need to be?

I presume this wasn't in Lidl or Aldi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

****ing Paypal, sold something on ebay for a few hundred quid. Chap pays by paypal and because this kind of item is 'unusual' for my account they have held the money until the buyer confirms he has received the item and I won't get the money until 1-2 days after he receives.

So I've had to send a valuable item without actually receiving any money. Obviously paypal have millions upon millions tied up like this and are just after creaming the interest the same way banks hold onto money from cheques for 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Being back in work today after a week's holiday in NYC :(

Being essentially broke now for a few weeks after said holiday in NYC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I hate the people that just stand there gormlessly staring into space while their groceries are checked through. They even manage to look mildly surprised when asked to pay for their groceries, before starting the process of rooting through handbag and purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Got to the top of the queue in aldi yesterday & realised I couldn't find my debit card.
    The cashier was giving me daggers and I started panicking, only for a really nice man behind me in the queue to offer to pay for my stuff. He thought I had no money. :(
    I said thanks but it was ok and ran out of the place I got so flustered, got outside and finally found my bloody card. Was too embarrassed to go back in so I just left.

TA that the kind man probably thinks I'm rude/crazy for running out the door and that my anxiety stopped me from going back in.
    Why am I like this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Why RTE has to remind us, every single time there is an election that "voting on islands has begun" a day early. OK we get it. They live on an island. They have to cast their votes a day early. It's not news! It's expected and par for the course.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hate the people that just stand there gormlessly staring into space while their groceries are checked through. They even manage to look mildly surprised when asked to pay for their groceries, before starting the process of rooting through handbag and purse.

I never take out my card until the last minute, either - I'm afraid I'll drop it, or lose it, or that someone might try to snatch it off my hands or pick my pockets, whereas if they tried to get my bag they'd dislocate a shoulder and lose their balance. Having a kitchen sink in there really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Programmes running late on rte, and no apologies or explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Marz66 wrote: »
    Irish bashing. “That’s very Irish”. Excuse me, I’m Irish, are you saying I’m an eejit?
    Or did you mean every Irish person is an eejit except for me and you?

This never ceases to amaze and TA me. Growing up in England, it was common to hear Irish "jokes" where "Paddy" was the Thick Irishman and the butt of the so-called joke. I was baffled when I first moved to Cork and heard the same stereotype.

I also get TA'd when some English people refer to my son as "Paddy" when we visit family over there. He doesn't have a problem with it though, which is a further TA of mine!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Arrived back to my car yesterday evening, door was unlocked, seat fully pushed back, gear stick left in 3rd gear position (i never leave it in gear).

Nothing missing from the car, nothing out of place in the car. The only things of any worth were a pair of sunglasses and a new pair of runners but they were not touched.

So confused about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Arrived back to my car yesterday evening, door was unlocked, seat fully pushed back, gear stick left in 3rd gear position (i never leave it in gear).

Nothing missing from the car, nothing out of place in the car. The only things of any worth were a pair of sunglasses and a new pair of runners but they were not touched.

So confused about it.

It was either ghosts or the illuminati.

They're on to you - trust no one. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement