Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The way yer woman on one of the music channels says ''Ok guys, I've been Tonia Suchandsuch, and this has been the thingamajigs chart show''.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When my penis touches the water in the toilet bowel while having a poo.

German toilet bowls can be annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Women who refer to their breasts as "the girls." For some reason that really irritates me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My water bottle has mysteriously gone missing. Can’t find it anywhere

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My water bottle has mysteriously gone missing. Can’t find it anywhere

It's gone undercover. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

When you end up in cafés, restaurants and supermarkets and the only bread they have is white bread. It would be nice, in 2019, if the default bread could be wholesome brown bread (or even good sourdough) rather than cheap white sliced pan stuff like you'd get in 1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I sent an email as directed with some sensitive information to a practitioner, at 3ish yesterday.
    So far, no acknowledgement. Its important personal information lads, some kind of communication to say it got to you safely would be appreciated!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

An ex colleague is running for office local to where I work, was never a fan of her's, she was constantly miserable and on about how much she spent on her hair(100's e at a time), ie not tactful to talk about in this line of work.

The party she has recently joined has posters of her and the expensive hair on every single pole for inside and around the area, giving me flashbacks and nightmares they are.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Customers abandoning their trolleys in the car park after shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

honeybear wrote: »
    Customers abandoning their trolleys in the car park after shopping

I love those guys and I hope they've left a €1 in it for me to collect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,157 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

When you end up in cafés, restaurants and supermarkets and the only bread they have is white bread. It would be nice, in 2019, if the default bread could be wholesome brown bread (or even good sourdough) rather than cheap white sliced pan stuff like you'd get in 1980.

When you can't find a simple whitebread sandwich. It's always some kind of artisan batch crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Grayson wrote: »
    When you can't find a simple whitebread sandwich. It's always some kind of artisan batch crap.

I eat a few slices of bread every few weeks. Sometimes I might eat more.
    My brother keeps on going onto to me about how unhealthy it is and how I should be eating brown bread. It drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Women who refer to their breasts as "the girls." For some reason that really irritates me! :)
    Grayson wrote: »

TA All colloquialisms for breasts. And everything else . And the use of ''artisan '' for everything including bread .

Can't find sandwiches without the dreaded mayonnaise, either , Grayson /

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Pinky and Perky FTW! ;)

Marina Hyde...I don't know why, she just annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Marina Hyde...I don't know why, she just annoys me.

You take that back - she's a great journalist!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

You take that back - she's a great journalist!

I can't argue against that, its just something about her. When she used to be on The Guardian's football podcast...god....maybe its just her voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Pinky and Perky FTW! ;)

Mine might be Pinky but certainly not Perky:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why do sausages always roll back onto a side that's already cooked? Stupid baxtard yokes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Why do sausages always roll back onto a side that's already cooked? Stupid baxtard yokes :(

Get yourself an Airfryer and all this will soon be a distant memory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

I'm confused. I pronounce any like Annie. How do you pronounce any??

Sorry for tardy reply, busy day at the sewage farm! I pronounce it so as to rhyme with Benny or Lennie or Abergavenny or Kenny!

• Advertisement

heldel00 wrote: »

I'd cause all sorts of confusion and be kicked out of the parish for causing said confusion!

I'd regard that as an opportunity - after all, your present parish is full of people who cannot pronounce "any" or "many" correctly! So the sooner that you can get away from them, the better!

But that’s the way it’s pronounced. Enny alternative is incorrect.

Asked Joe Duffy, did we? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who think brown toast beats white toast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Squatter wrote: »
    Sorry for tardy reply, busy day at the sewage farm! I pronounce it so as to rhyme with Benny or Lennie or Abergavenny or Kenny!

Well that's just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Squatter wrote: »

So do you say enymore , enyhow , enyway , enywhere !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Rte ads. Jaysus

On day 14 of my health insurance cooling off period I decided to upgrade, so they backdated my higher payment to 14 days ago even though I obviously would not have been covered for this level if anything happened in the past 14 days. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    So do you say enymore , enyhow , enyway , enywhere !

I actually do :). I also say "onvelope", a cause for much slagging for being posh :(

TA, I need someone to physically remove this Lily O Brien easter egg from me, I can't stop......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New Home wrote: »
    Its gone undercover. :pac: :pac: :pac:

It better come out soon because wondering where it is is wrecking my head! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I actually do :). I also say "onvelope", a cause for much slagging for being posh :(

TA, I need someone to physically remove this Lily O Brien easter egg from me, I can't stop......

Onvelope indeed ! Far from
    onvelopes we were reared !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement