Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Onvelope indeed ! Far from
    onvelopes we were reared !

So I am told :). It is just the way I have always said it, I am far from posh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

And Lily O'Brien easter eggs - la dee dah.

Or maybe it is pronounced law-de-daw!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    So I am told :). It is just the way I have always said it, I am far from posh :)

i have always said pattren for pattern ! I get teased by the family but I think I am right and everyone else is wrong

i have always said pattren for pattern ! I get teased by the family but I think I am right and everyone else is wrong

That's the spirit, don't let them change you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

So do you say enymore , enyhow , enyway , enywhere !

Of course I do! I save my annies for when I'm canvassing the Northsoide with Bertie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Squatter wrote: »
    Of course I do! I save my annies for when I'm canvassing the Northsoide with Bertie.

Annie get your gun ....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Annie get your gun ....

If Bettie knocked on my door:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My friend told me that she loved her commute (45-60 mins) as it lets her let go of work stress!
    She then spends the next few hours complaining about her job, its management, colleagues and other staff.
    I think she missed some of her work stress, along the way.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've always said onvelope! I put my weird accent down to being brought up listening to BBC Radio 4 day in, day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I am a Dub and have no issues whatsoever with my "t" . Do you know what I mean .

Sorry .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The landline phone in the GF's house is on the blink lately whereby it starts beeping maniacally at random times whenever it is on its dock. Started doing so at about 5AM this morning, and was louder than any alarm I have ever heard.

Went downstairs to shut the damn thing up, and when I returned to bed for the last ninety minutes of sleep before my actual alarm, a fecking bird decided to have an ould sing-song outside. "CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW". Always EXACTLY five caws, never any more or less. It was more melodious than a regular crow, and I'm sure would sound peaceful if it wasn't so fecking early in the morning. What are birds achieving with all the noise so early in the day? Feathered weirdos.

And to compound an annoying start to the day, I accidentally set off the alarm on the way into work. Yet more incessant droning to contend with, and the frantic rush to key in the correct code and thus not look like a burglar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I lost another earring, probably in bed. The backs were loose so I bent the spikes right down but it still fell out. Second one from two different pairs, the 1st was a birthday present . Will have to take them out at night . Usually I don't take tiny ones out, I just forget .

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Trying to fill out an online form that requires me to both type my name and scan and upload a form of ID to prove my identity. The form won't accept fadas, but there are three fadas in my name. It's annoying enough not being able to actually spell my name correctly, but because I can't put fadas on the form and they're written out correctly on my ID, I keep getting emails back saying the name on my form doesn't match my ID. But I don't have any ID without fadas, and the helpline associated with the form keeps ringing out. ARRRGHHH.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TA, I need someone to physically remove this Lily O Brien easter egg from me, I can't stop......

Give it here, I'll find a good home for it.

*pats belly*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

I'm listening to the radio, waiting to hear one bit of information i.e a name, sport result, time of an event etc and just before it's announced, the phone rings or someone talks to me just long enough to obliterate what I was waiting for. It's maddening!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Hotel shower that seems to have only two settings, arctic or scalding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have been floored all week with what I thought was just a particularly bad cough/cold/sore throat. Finally gave in to the fact that it wasn't getting any better and went to the doctor earlier. Turns out I have a chest infection so severe that it's borderline pneumonia :(

Steroids, antibiotics and strict bed rest for the foreseeable. How the fcuck does a healthy, non-smoking, reasonably fit, reasonably young woman get pneumonia in this day and age??? Big fat no fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I decided to have a go at the euromillions, the ticket came out of a credit card machine, I thought the person was printing phone credit or something :confused:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The landline phone in the GF's house is on the blink lately whereby it starts beeping maniacally at random times whenever it is on its dock. Started doing so at about 5AM this morning, and was louder than any alarm I have ever heard.

Went downstairs to shut the damn thing up, and when I returned to bed for the last ninety minutes of sleep before my actual alarm, a fecking bird decided to have an ould sing-song outside. "CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW". Always EXACTLY five caws, never any more or less. It was more melodious than a regular crow, and I'm sure would sound peaceful if it wasn't so fecking early in the morning. What are birds achieving with all the noise so early in the day? Feathered weirdos.

And to compound an annoying start to the day, I accidentally set off the alarm on the way into work. Yet more incessant droning to contend with, and the frantic rush to key in the correct code and thus not look like a burglar.

I've been sleeping poorly all week, but went to bed at ten last night and went out like a light. Ten to two and the beeping starts. From the alarm downstairs, which obviously needs a new battery. Thought I'd silenced it, went back to bed, half an hour later, same thing happens. Silence it again, start to doze off, the next thing the cat wakes me by having a good nasty puke on the bed. Wrecked today, and have just accepted that I'm not meant to get a good nights sleep this week

The realisation that next week the secondary school pupils are back on public transport after the Easter break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Went to Penney's and only spent €30!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My car needs a new bulb holder thingy because where the indicator bulb goes is rusty, and so sometimes it doesn’t work and I have no back indicator. The motor factors I go to for things like that said he was getting in a car of the same model for scrap and he’d take the part out of it for me. Went up today and the car they got in was older than mine and the indicator is in a different place.

Not annoyed at them, because it’s not their fault, it’s just so typical that nothing could ever be straightforward when it comes to the bloody car :rolleyes:

I mistakenly hoovered up a spider. Sorry Mr. Skinnylegs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

TG1 wrote: »

Are you feeling alright:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

dubstarr wrote: »
    TG1 wrote: »

Are you feeling alright:D:D

I know! There was nothing there I wanted. I'll have no spending money the next time and I will want it all!!

I mistakenly hoovered up a spider. Sorry Mr. Skinnylegs :(

I found a rather large but very dead spider today..... ON MY OWN LEG!!!! uuuuuggggggghhhhhhhh the horror! So many questions.. how did it get there??? How long was it there? Did it arrive alive? Did I kill it????

I presume one of the animals somehow deposited it on me.

Vomit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Whenever I go into the Powerscourt garden centre I'm annoyed that all their houseplants are overpriced, in mediocre or bad condition, they constantly have infestations in the houseplant section yet I always end up buying something there...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Too tired to cook, too stormy to go out and can't get take away deliveries where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People not doing their fair share at work. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The panic end-times reporting every time we get a storm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement