Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

That I've been saying "envelope" to myself for the last five minutes, and still not sure if I pronounce it "on-velope" or "en-velope". Somebody will have to catch me unawares saying it to know for sure.

But I do know for sure that any and many are pronounced enny and menny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My doorbell rings itself when there is a combination of rain and westerly winds, hopefully I remember that when it inevitably rings tonight during the dead of night :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    My doorbell rings itself when there is a combination of rain and westerly winds, hopefully I remember that when it inevitably rings tonight during the dead of night :eek:

That's not the wind and rain poochie......that's me playing knock and run :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My car needs a new bulb holder thingy because where the indicator bulb goes is rusty, and so sometimes it doesn’t work and I have no back indicator. The motor factors I go to for things like that said he was getting in a car of the same model for scrap and he’d take the part out of it for me. Went up today and the car they got in was older than mine and the indicator is in a different place.

Not annoyed at them, because it’s not their fault, it’s just so typical that nothing could ever be straightforward when it comes to the bloody car :rolleyes:

What type of car is it?

Have you tried part finder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

People in Dublin posting on Facebook asking why everyone’s making a big deal of the weather when it’s a lovely calm night in the capital. If it doesn’t hit Dublin did it really happen at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

There's a shower curtain in the hotel shower. How many hundreds of bare stranger ar$es did it stick to before it stuck to mine :( . *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

What type of car is it?

Have you tried part finder?

It’s a Polo.

I have not, there’s a place out the road that do scrap parts so I may check there, but I’ll check part finder out too. Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Backpackers.

Checklist:
    Skimpy top/wifebeater and shorts combo.
    Flip flops/sandals.
    Sleeve tattoos.
    Huge camera, as if they freelance for National Geographic.
    Ethnic "jewellery", wooden bead things.
    Rolling tobacco.

Local touts can spot them a mile off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Guitar solos. Just listened to level 42's Something About You; brilliant till the cheesy guitar solo started. Radio off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Campervans - a plague of them driving down the narrow roads of the Wild Atlantic way this Easter. Tightfisted c**ts parking wherever they can and crapping and p1ssing in the local fields because they're too mean to use a caravan park.

If I was ever to petrol bomb anything - which I have no intention of doing, incidentally - it would most likely be a foreign camper van parked overnight (probably illegally, but that law isn't ever enforced) in a scenic location along the Wild Atlantic Way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I need more sleep, but can’t because I need a shower before work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is there anything as annoying as expecting a nice apple and it turns out to have all the flavour of raw turnip.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is there anything as annoying as expecting a nice apple and it turns out to have all the flavour of raw turnip.

Sorry but that just made me laugh :D I've never eaten a raw turnip :D

I'm TA'd that I have to buy Ad Blue

Autosport wrote: »
    Sorry but that just made me laugh :D I've never eaten a raw turnip :D

I'm TA'd that I have to buy Ad Blue

Well you're not missing anything :)

I haven't got any adblue yet, there's a pump at a nearby filling station I presume I can use that.

Well you're not missing anything :)

I haven't got any adblue yet, there's a pump at a nearby filling station I presume I can use that.

Does your car have the extra tank? Mine is beside the diesel one, no pumps near me so I tend to buy it in 10l drums in Halfords.

I'm TA'd that the gallon is so heavy to carry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Does your car have the extra tank? Mine is beside the diesel one, no pumps near me so I tend to buy it in 10l gallons in Halfords.

TA that gallons have got so big! :D

Does your car have the extra tank? Mine is beside the diesel one, no pumps near me so I tend to buy it in 10l gallons in Halfords.

Yes like this, TA'd it's something else to look after

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

On a somewhat similar vein - TA for the metric system.

Ah come on ye know what she meant :p

I'm TA'd that I made a mistake and typed gallon instead of drum :( Bold Auto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Some stupid glitch keeps unfollowing me from this thread. It's the only thread that does it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When a note gets stuck in the zip of my purse and I can't open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Danny Dyer and his family!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I keep meaning to get my ears pierced but keep chickening out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 LorelliPop!

madmaggie wrote: »
    I keep meaning to get my ears pierced but keep chickening out.

You'll be grand. It's just a little pinch :)

People who try to drag you into their ridiculous drama that has nothing to do with you when you already have enough to deal with.

And also not trivial but hearing some bad news about my cousin in law's health situation which she thought she had overcome. My heart really goes out to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Why am i listening to Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

People who see a like and share competition on Facebook and see it as a sob story competition..... I really deserve to win this pack of sausages from the butcher because my aunts cousins brother in laws nephews goldfish died last year and we could all do with the cheering up after being through so much.

dubstarr wrote: »

It’s a catchy tune :)

I’m TA’d that my charger is sooooo far away from me and I’m not motivated enough to get up and get it :D

Bought this, and when I opened it to put in batteries I got this. Grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »

Can't help you with the latter, but I'm positive you can blame Wilberto for the former.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement